• Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Desmond King is a FA after this year
    If the team doesn't think they are going to sign him combined with the fact that he has value around the league - they might trade him.
    DB is a position where the Chargers do have depth.

Just being proactive and thinking ahead. Patriots, Seattle seem to do this - try to stay ahead of the curve.

I am not giving him away for a 7th round pick - I am going to see the value compared to how much being lost on this team. Good Teams think this way if you ask me. If they keep him - hes a good player but probably also his last year as a Charger.
    Yep, Cheatriots are famous for letting go vets licking their chops looking for a big payday, then trade them or trade down for picks in late first round or mid rounds...keeping their payroll manageable...I wouldn't be opposed to trading players like Bosa and King if the price is right...a first rounder for Bosa and a second or high third rounder for King...

Comment

• Coachmarkos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • SoDak
      • Technology Director
      • Send PM

I'm hoping for Tua, but Simmons would not disappoint me at all.

Herbert, I know people are down on, but heard him on the MacAfee show yesterday, seems like such a good kid...really liked him.

-I'll support whoever the pick is. (as long as it's not Larry "Almost" English).
      "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Boltgang74
        We Are The Storm!
        • Aug 2018
        • Send PM

I think the logic is if King and Lynn are beefin King will be lookin for the door come contract time so a smart GM gets somethin for him instead of ending up empty handed when he bails.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Yes, he has picks to blow.....like not paying Dak and drafting Love at 17
          Yep...Jerrah doesn't want to hear the shouting and wailing from the coaches and scouts when he packages 2-3 of those picks to move up a few slots to snag his targeted player...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep, Cheatriots are famous for letting go vets licking their chops looking for a big payday, then trade them or trade down for picks in late first round or mid rounds...keeping their payroll manageable...I wouldn't be opposed to trading players like Bosa and King if the price is right...a first rounder for Bosa and a second or high third rounder for King...
            I would have to be overwhelmed for Bosa - they can franchise him. He is a difference maker

King is a good player - and if he plays in 2020 like he played in 2018 - well thats a damn good player. Its more your logic above - not going to bring him back and wanting value for him,

Comment

• SYB
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by rikardo View Post

no
              2003 – Traded 2003 1st (15) to Philadelphia for 2003 1st (30, Sammy Davis) and 2nd (62, Terrance Kiel).
              Troy Polamalu was the 16th pick that year and as you can see we needed DBs
              That still pisses me off to this very day. :cuss:

I remember yelling at the TV after we traded back and I saw that he was selected with the next pick.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Bolts are reportedly high on Herbie:

image.png
                Are you ready for some football? The sports world gets a much-needed primetime event Thursday night, as the first round of the 2020 NFL Draft will kick off 8 p.m. ET. The whole thing is virtual — NFL commissioner Roger Goodell will announce the picks from his basement — but we still could see plenty of fireworks, as several teams…

Comment

• chris9341
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                  Trade the farm for Lawrence? Do the Ditka approach?
                  Are you insane?

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                    French Speaking Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Québec city
                    • Send PM

Keep Bosa and King and you don't have to draft DE, CB and neither a PR.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
                      Keep Bosa and King and you don't have to draft DE, CB and neither a PR.
                      thats fair too but you have to replace one of them next year too -- so TT needs to draft a CB in the later rounds probably

which makes sense too

Comment

• Charge!
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

it would def be a Chargers football draft if they went Lamb/Swift 1-2.

just such a risk to take a QB this year.

if no Wirfs/AT.... is Lamb so wrong ??
                        Swift would be a great and needed pick if he drops to us in 2nd......

Teams that draft WR's high..... especially before finding their QB, usually fail big time.....

This is actually the least risky QB draft in years...... we actually have 2 elite generational QB's.....

The reason there is such a low success rate for 1st round QB's is that many bad organizations draft QB's who were NOT elite or great in college like the list below:
                        The success rate would be very high if teams would only draft the great/elite QB's in first round instead of wasting first round picks on mediocre or iffy ones. QB's who were not great in college will not be great in the pros.
                        None of the QB's below have ever played as great as Tua or Burrow:

Winston
                        Goff
                        Mariotta(who was better then hebert at oregon) and every other oregon QB after Fouts.....
                        Alex Snith
                        Gabbert
                        Ponder
                        Quinn
                        Boller
                        Carr
                        Freeman
                        Manual
                        Weeden
                        Ramsey
                        Losman
                        Tebow