• Panama
    パナマ
    • Aug 2013
    • London
    • Opera singer and web developer.
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Yubaking View Post
    He will not be mistaken for NaVorro Bowman, Patrick Willis
    Is anyone making these comparisons? Really? He's not as good as two of the best LBs of the past decade, so he's not good enough?

too caught up in "opposing Yuba" versus being objective
    Have you considered changing your handle to "YubaMartyr"?
    Adipose

Comment

• Panama
      パナマ
      • Aug 2013
      • London
      • Send PM

Why do you think I love Siler? I do not. He is an example of a flawed player, which is my point. He excels in one area, but is a liability at everything else. The fact that he is so bad and is out of the league only serves to prove my point--that Siler was pretty darn bad in every other phase of his game except run defense. And yet, he was a better short yardage run stopper than Cooper or Burnett, who started over him.

It is just one of many examples of how a player can be better than another in one aspect of his game, but still not be as good as that other player overall. Like I said, Clemens is a better runner at QB than Rivers. Conner is a better run defender than Te'o.

In the world of the bizarre/lame interpretations of SD17, that means that Rivers is one of my "hated ones" because I just made a comment that was critical of Rivers and defended its correctness. It's pretty much the same as what I have done with Te'o, Allen and Freeney and that somehow makes me against those players as Chargers. Again, Rivers is my favorite current Charger and my co-favorite Charger ever with Fouts, but somehow, unlike some, I can be realistic in my comments about them. I do not have to wear the homer goggles that some of you wear.

It is without those goggles that I can say that Te'o is kind of soft and that that Conner is a more stout run defender.
      I gotta give you credit -- you certainly are consistent. No matter what factual, logical, rhetorical, or anything-else-ical argument someone makes, your response is invariably, "I am obviously right, [you are an idiot/you have missed my point entirely/you just like to pick on me and call me names/your argument just proves me correct/refer to post 56]."
      Adipose

Comment

• Panama
        パナマ
        • Aug 2013
        • London
        • Send PM

From my present perspective, your post is bullshit across the board.
        Admins, can we change Yuba's tagline from "Registered Charger Fan" to "bullshit across the board" please?
        Adipose

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I am the one being neutral/objective
          Yuba in a nutshell.

Just replace "neutral/objective" with "right," "intelligent," "superior," "logical," "accurate," "factual" or "fantastic" and you've got him pegged.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Maybe I misunderstood, but I thought that was our team management's rationale behind the trade up to get Attaochu. I think GMs can perceive a drop off in tiers of player ability. There was one that was believed to exist after the first round CBs (Gilbert, Fuller, Dennard, Verrett, Roby) in the 2014 draft. I agree with you that perceived player tiers may not reflect what ultimately happens in the careers of the various players, but there is nothing wrong about GMs having various pre-draft tier perceptions. That's part of what they are paid to do.

I have no problem with us having taken one of the 4 second round ILBs in the 2013 draft. I have no issue with Te'o either even though I preferred Bostic. (Note that I wouldn't have taken Alonso either, so I can't be critical of that.) The issue that I have is trading up to do it when all 4 are still on the board. I think that is bad draft strategy, but again, I have no major issue with the pick Te'o versus the others (although I was hoping our new ILB was going to be Bostic).

And yes, Arizona picked our pockets with the draft pick trade. They got a second round ILB and our pick. We got a second round ILB and lost a pick. It isn't difficult to venture a guess as to which team got the better of that deal. Honestly, in my heart of hearts, with Arizona showing a preference for LSU defenders, I don't think Arizona was ever going to take Te'o at #38. I think they were taking Minter all the way although I think there was no way for Telesco to know it at the time. When I praised Keim, it was for understanding that there were 4 similarly rated ILBs and getting an extra draft pick out of the situation. I can't say that his pick of Minter was or was not the right pick, but the draft strategy was right on the money once they knew they were going ILB in round 2 as there was no way all 4 ILBs were going to be gone at #45.
            The "similarly" rated 4 LBs were similarly rated by the Mel Kipers and, I guess, you. Which does not necessarily reflect how they were rated by Tom Telesco. It is hard at this early stage and with Te'o's injury problems to evaluate whether that was the correct valuation. But with all due respect, I value Telesco's evaluation over yours and Mel Kiper's (and other draftniks). You might be one of these people that loves the draft so much and values picks so much that you are always anti-trading up when it involves picks. I am not. I prefer not to do it, but I'm for it when the player you want is there and you don't care to run the risk of losing him.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

I don't think I have condemned anyone because of his injury. I condemned Telesco for making us only an injury away from being forced to sign Freeney for big $$$. That certainly is not the same thing.

The fact remains that people on this forum have tried to suggest that Jenkins was a bad player when really Saints fans and media covering the team think he is pretty damn good, but has been injured. The dude was characterized just this week as a steal, an immovable wall, and a candidate for a breakout year by Saints fans. I cited two references for this point that were published just this week. They think the guy kicks ass and absent any evidence to the contrary, my conclusion is that they know more about their team than we do.
              How fanboys on a message board or writers assess a player says less to me than the how the Saints' staff assesses a player as evidenced by where they stand on the depth chart and wheher the are active/inactive.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
                Jenkins is shit until proven otherwise. He needs to get on the field for that to happen. Your opinion means nothing on the subject. The only thing that matters is on field production. So far there is none whatsoever. He's a bust at this point.
                His opinion of Jenkins is almost totally based upon the opinions of Saints fans, who; as we know, are the ultimate judges of talent.

Why can't you get that through your thick head?

Comment

• blahblahblah
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
                  His opinion of Jenkins is almost totally based upon the opinions of Saints fans, who; as we know, are the ultimate judges of talent.

Why can't you get that through your thick head?
                  And of course he made sure to get a representative sample and not just one or two internet dudes.

Comment

• chris9341
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

You are the one that brought up Te'o's number of (soft) tackles. I just pointed out that the number was not very impressive. I could add on by stating that tackle numbers do not address how well the tackles were made. Te'o is not particularly stout, so he tends to give up yards after contact. Conner is much more stout. I do not see how anyone could miss that.

It is unbelievable that I am labeled by you as a Te'o hater just because I point out that Conner is a better run defender. You remain clueless in this discussion. Am I a Cooper or Burnett hater because I think Siler was better against the run than they were. Am I a Rivers hater because I think Clemens is a better pure runner than Rivers (my favorite player)? You have your head very far up your ass. The butt cheek pressure is interfering with your thought processes.
                    Yes you are a Te'o hater. And also a Melvin Ingram and Keenan Allen hater. Now a Stephen Cooper and Kevin Burnett hater even though they are no longer here.

Comment

fender57
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Yuba hates Te'o and Allen because he was vehemently against TT being hired as GM. It all stems from that.

Comment

• Panama
                        パナマ
                        • Aug 2013
                        • London
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by blahblahblah View Post
                        And of course he made sure to get a representative sample and not just one or two internet dudes.
                        Almost makes me wonder if he is posting on Saints' boards and then citing himself.
                        Adipose

Comment

• chris9341
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Send PM

Ok I am going to try and be serious here now. I watched the game on Sunday and have seen the other games. This game in particular I have to say Conner did impress me somewhat. You know when Te'o comes back and becomes the starter again it's good to have a backup like Conner on the team. I don't ever remember us having this type of depth before at LB'er. What I'm more concerned about is our defensive line. Jacksonville was carving them up. These were not runs to the outside these were runs straight up the gut. When you start getting to teams like the chiefs and broncos who have good offensive lines well they are gonna have a field day running on us. I forget who said that the ILB'ers are the most important pieces and someone else said it was the outside LB'ers. With all due respect you are both wrong, The defensive line is the most important part on the defense. If the defensive line isn't getting pressure then everything else is going to crumble behind them. We'll know when we play the chiefs in a few weeks just how good our defensive line is.

Comment

Working...
                          X