• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yubaking
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
    The Siler comment is really all anyone needs to know about Yuba's "talent assessment" ability.
    You dispute that Siler was a short yardage run stopper for us?! Wow, you know much less about the Chargers than I thought you did.

Comment

• Yubaking
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by sandiego17 View Post
      The posts are so long and the bs quecient so high, sometimes you miss the 'analysis.' Luckily, they're repeated enough that they eventually get read, those tidbits. Siler, lol.
      You remain clueless.

Comment

• Beerman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Eastlake
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Yubaking View Post
        The reality is that I am exactly right on the point I am making which is why you are jump shifting to another point altogether. (Run, run while you still can.)

As for the defense, our offense was #2 in the NFL in time of possession going into today and we have made only one turnover. We have played one team ranked 30th in scoring, and another ranked 20th. We played a good team that inexplicably abandoned its ground game and a fourth team that we held to 4 points below its average in an opening night loss.

We are vulnerable against a dedicated ground attack and when teams figure that out, that will make it harder for us to be as dominant in our ball control offense because we will not be having as much possession. Our improved pass defense, while helpful versus the pass, should end up encouraging opponents to run against us, which they should be doing anyway.

If opponents do that and play a compact defense that takes away short passes and forces us to throw over the top, that will maximize their chances to beat us. The compact defense will also take away any run threat that we might present. Honestly, I am very surprised that teams have not already been trying this against us in light of our comparative weaknesses.

Long story less long, I am not ready to crown us Super Bowl champs just yet. We are a contender, but one with some significant flaws, which I would like to see us fix finally. But if we fall, I expect it to be our run defense that ultimately does us in. I can't imagine Seattle brain farting twice against us when it comes to their offensive game plan.
        The reality, again, is that you have no clue. None. It's painfully obvious to everyone but you and there's really no point in trying to teach you.

Your points are completely irrelevant and entirely baseless so there's no sense to keep showing how wrong you are. I've moved on. You will keep hanging yourself with stupid comments like the Siler one.

Comment

• Beerman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Eastlake
          • Send PM

You dispute that Siler was a short yardage run stopper for us?! Wow, you know much less about the Chargers than I thought you did.
          I present exhibit A - he's 28 years old and out of the league. I rest my case. I win.

Comment

• sandiego17
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I present exhibit A - he's 28 years old and out of the league. I rest my case. I win.
            Nope:

Originally posted by Yubaking
            I mean Brandon Siler was the best run stuffing ILB that we have had at any time in the Rivers era with the possible exception of Godfrey

Comment

• Yubaking
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
              I brought up his numbers only because you said he wasn't good against the run. I never said he led the NFL in tackles. Just our team.
              We are 3-1 and he splits time in pass defense...which teams have been doing more of against us so he is doing OK against the run for us.
              And your Siler opinion is stupid too. Siler was very good in goal line defense. Not so well in base. He is out of the league dude and has been for a while.
              Your Rivers comment is stupid too.

I think you have your head up your own ass. You are the clueless one. How many posters do you have to see tell you that?
              Te'o can get a guy down (i.e., tackle him), but he tends to give up extra yardage in the process. He is fundamentally sound, but has limited physical talent and is somewhat soft in his making of plays. He will not be mistaken for NaVorro Bowman, Patrick Willis or even Vontaze Burfict anytime ever.

Conner is a more stout run defender than Te'o just as Siler was more stout than Cooper or even Burnett. I was hoping that Conner had more in terms of his overall game, but the way the team used him, I doubt that he does. That is disappointing as run defense remains an Achilles' heel for us, albeit a largely unexploited one.

Sorry, but posters here have lost credibility--too caught up in "opposing Yuba" versus being objective. And the number of the opposition has never mattered. Lots of people can be wrong just like one person can be wrong.

Comment

• Yubaking
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

Let me try this again. He was a great short yardage run stopper who was a total liability against the pass. It wasn't Siler's run defense that landed him out of the league. If you don't have any more exhibits, you lose.

Comment

• Beerman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Eastlake
                  • Send PM

Te'o can get a guy down (i.e., tackle him), but he tends to give up extra yardage in the process. He is fundamentally sound, but has limited physical talent and is somewhat soft in his making of plays. He will not be mistaken for NaVorro Bowman, Patrick Willis or even Vontaze Burfict anytime ever.

Conner is a more stout run defender than Te'o just as Siler was more stout than Cooper or even Burnett. I was hoping that Conner had more in terms of his overall game, but the way the team used him, I doubt that he does. That is disappointing as run defense remains an Achilles' heel for us, albeit a largely unexploited one.

Sorry, but posters here have lost credibility--too caught up in "opposing Yuba" versus being objective. And the number of the opposition has never mattered. Lots of people can be wrong just like one person can be wrong.
                  You are wrong a lot indeed. Please keep bringing up Siler. This is just too easy. You really love one dimensional shit players. I wonder why they all end up out of the league Hmmmmm.

Comment

• Beerman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Eastlake
                    • Send PM

Let me try this again. He was a great short yardage run stopper who was a total liability against the pass. It wasn't Siler's run defense that landed him out of the league. If you don't have any more exhibits, you lose.
                    Lol keep making excuses. He sucked dick vs the run too.

Simply put, he was a shit player. That's why they end up on the street.

Comment

• Beerman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Eastlake
                      • Send PM

Total liability vs the pass = slow, no lateral quickness, can't read or react to a passing offense. Translation he's a shit player who ends up out of the league.

This is the simple concept you don't grasp. He just sucked.

Comment

• chris9341
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Send PM

Swami errr I mean Yubaking it's good to have posters like you. It's so funny how you contradicted yourself so many times in this thread. I could care less how long you have been a fan of this team for. Your knowledge of the game is laughable. Oh you know who else used to pay attention to saints games? Swami did, just like you do now since your also so infatuated with John Jenkins.

Comment

• Yubaking
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Send PM

You are wrong a lot indeed. Please keep bringing up Siler. This is just too easy. You really love one dimensional shit players. I wonder why they all end up out of the league Hmmmmm.
                          Why do you think I love Siler? I do not. He is an example of a flawed player, which is my point. He excels in one area, but is a liability at everything else. The fact that he is so bad and is out of the league only serves to prove my point--that Siler was pretty darn bad in every other phase of his game except run defense. And yet, he was a better short yardage run stopper than Cooper or Burnett, who started over him.

It is just one of many examples of how a player can be better than another in one aspect of his game, but still not be as good as that other player overall. Like I said, Clemens is a better runner at QB than Rivers. Conner is a better run defender than Te'o.

In the world of the bizarre/lame interpretations of SD17, that means that Rivers is one of my "hated ones" because I just made a comment that was critical of Rivers and defended its correctness. It's pretty much the same as what I have done with Te'o, Allen and Freeney and that somehow makes me against those players as Chargers. Again, Rivers is my favorite current Charger and my co-favorite Charger ever with Fouts, but somehow, unlike some, I can be realistic in my comments about them. I do not have to wear the homer goggles that some of you wear.

It is without those goggles that I can say that Te'o is kind of soft and that that Conner is a more stout run defender.

Comment

Working...
                          X