• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yubaking
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
    I don't think trade is the way to go. Brown is an exciting player to watch, but he fumbles frequently. And while Rainey had some nice runs, he also had some killer fumbles in the Atlanta game. I'm not sure who else might be available, but it either way I don't want to mortgage our future for a short-term emergency back. I think some of the FA names that have been tossed about would work, and at worst we can survive with Oliver and Grice until Mathews gets back.
    Grice is gone to ARI off our PS.

Comment

• Asela
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2014
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
      I don't think trade is the way to go. Brown is an exciting player to watch, but he fumbles frequently. And while Rainey had some nice runs, he also had some killer fumbles in the Atlanta game. I'm not sure who else might be available, but it either way I don't want to mortgage our future for a short-term emergency back. I think some of the FA names that have been tossed about would work, and at worst we can survive with Oliver and Grice until Mathews gets back.
      I didn't realize that Bryce Brown had a big fumbling issue, but for Rainey I hasn't seen him have a problem until last Thursday night. He kept putting the ball on the turf. My wet dream would've been to trade for Doug Martin, since he is a bit in the dog about in Tampa. Lovie may like Rainey and Mike James who are already on their roster, and essentially they aren't going to contend this year.

I really like how Philly and New Orleans used Sproles. Putting him out into the pattern, lining him up as their slot receiver, making him the receiver in the WR screen, or even having him as the end around guy on fake runs between the tackles. I would've like that kind of creativity and versatility in our offense. Although we don't have Sproles anymore, Martin is strong, quick footed RB with good hands that could mimic some of those abilities.

I guess I'm feeling, that Woodhead made our offense more dynamic, and now I wonder if our offense is going to be even more predictable with one less playmaker.

Comment

• KarlC
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

If Woody is out for the season, it's my fault. Mea Culpa.

I hollered loudest when he got signed +2 years. I went and taught myself how to use a graphics program to make my Woody Woodhead pic, and I screamed loudest yesterday that his injury was a few-week prob.

I totally jinxed it. Hate on me.

SD guy in OZ

Comment

Working...
        X