• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    BetterToday ThanYesterday
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Shareece Wright is the best corner in the NFL. Bar none! So is Brandon Flowers! Err.....

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Beerman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Eastlake
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
      Shareece Wright is the best corner in the NFL. Bar none! So is Brandon Flowers! Err.....

TG
      Heh, won't go that far. Shareece still has plenty of room to grow IMO. Will he though? Who knows, but he has shown the ability to learn from mistakes. Physically I think he has enough tools.

He's no All Pro or anything, but he's turning into a solid guy you can leave on the edge and not have to worry about over the top help (all the time at least).

Again, his run support is what is really taking his game up a notch. Now if he can only stay healthy...

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

This is the best set of CBs in Bolt's history. I'd try to bring them all back.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• MakoShark
          Disgruntled
          • Jun 2013
          • North Alabama
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
          Another side effect of signing Flowers and drafting Verrett has been the freedom its given Weddle in the backend. I barely see us bracketing anyone this season so far. It was a requisite last year with Cox and Marshall playing outside with amount of times we had to roll coverage to make up for our deficiencies.

If I'm TT, I'm already working a long term deal with Flowers agent.

Gotta say I'm leaning towards trying to extend Shareece as well. He has steadily improved since last year. His tackling in particular is rock solid. That would give us a very strong trio.
          I think Wright is leading the team in tackles. I have to agree with you, and I don't think I've ever said this about the Chargers secondary, but I'd like to keep this unit in tact.
          sigpic

Comment

• thelightningwill
            Go Aztecs and Pads
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
            This is the best set of CBs in Bolt's history. I'd try to bring them all back.
            cbs.jpg Bringing back the best set of CBs will put hair on our chest and keep Smokey off our trail.

Comment

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
              [ATTACH]460[/ATTACH] Bringing back the best set of CBs will put hair on our chest and keep Smokey off our trail.
              That sounds great, but how about Tucker? Can we lose him too?

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

The announcers and the ref were wrong. The crown of Liuget's helmet didn't touch the quarterback. The side of the helmet was on the side of the QB. The hit was made with the shoulder. At least that's how I saw it.
                Moreover, the QB jumped in the air to get the pass off. For some reason the expectation is that if the offensive player moves at the last second or adjusts his position that the defender should do so as well. Liuget is flying in there at a high rate of speed in perfect position to make a clean tackle and Manuel adjusts his position to get the ball off. It's kind of unrealistic to expect the defender to adjust accordingly in that split second. I understand that it was a hit on a QB and nearly any contact with the QB is going to draw a flag, but that's not football as I grew up with it.

And what do you think would happen if a play like this happened today? I'm pretty sure he'd be in Ray Rice/Adrian Peterson World.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
                  This is the best set of CBs in Bolt's history.
                  Are we sure about that?

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

[ATTACH]460[/ATTACH] Bringing back the best set of CBs will put hair on our chest and keep Smokey off our trail.
                    I was always partial to Cobras.

Comment

• Panama
                      パナマ
                      • Aug 2013
                      • London
                      • Opera singer and web developer.
                      • Send PM

convoy.jpg

Roger that. Over and out.
                      Adipose

Comment

• Panama
                        パナマ
                        • Aug 2013
                        • London
                        • Opera singer and web developer.
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
                        Moreover, the QB jumped in the air to get the pass off. For some reason the expectation is that if the offensive player moves at the last second or adjusts his position that the defender should do so as well. Liuget is flying in there at a high rate of speed in perfect position to make a clean tackle and Manuel adjusts his position to get the ball off. It's kind of unrealistic to expect the defender to adjust accordingly in that split second. I understand that it was a hit on a QB and nearly any contact with the QB is going to draw a flag, but that's not football as I grew up with it.

And what do you think would happen if a play like this happened today? I'm pretty sure he'd be in Ray Rice/Adrian Peterson World.

Yet you did notice the yellow hankey that suddenly appears on the ground when Bradshaw rolls over, right?
                        Adipose

Comment

• Bolt-O
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Mic'd up!

2:40... lol

Last edited by Bolt-O; 09-23-2014, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X