Sharps lose!

Comment

• Asela
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2014
        • Send PM

Originally posted by TBF View Post
        Bump for discussion
        I am the happiest in the world to be wrong, or at least be concerned over nothing. I did not see anything in the game that looked like manipulation. For the most part, the ref'ing favored the Bolts. Although, that one hands to the face call was ticky-tack. The personal foul for hitting Manuel, was fair by definition, but in my football world, that's a legal hit. Oddly, it seemed like the Bills were tired and gassed and not the Chargers at the end of the game. I wonder if the team's conditioning has it better prepared than others.

I personally, still disagree with the decision to run it up the middle twice, and then force a 3rd and long pass to keep a drive alive in the 4th. IMHO, that is a recipe for failure unless your defense stands tall. The new rule bias to the passing game, 4 downs (instead of 3), and the much more aggressive play calling by opponents makes it so much harder for a defense than say early in the game.

My friend took a bath on the game, but winning last night on Mississippi St mitigated his losses. All his parleys went down in flames :shock::dunno:
        He called to see if I want to watch the evening game with him in TJ and drink/party his blues away. I'm going to stay home and bask in the glory of a Charger win

Feel free to lambast me to your hearts content. I deserve it and welcome it. Nothing can take away the high of today's win

Go Bolts!!!

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Asela View Post
          I am the happiest in the world to be wrong, or at least be concerned over nothing. I did not see anything in the game that looked like manipulation. For the most part, the ref'ing favored the Bolts. Although, that one hands to the face call was ticky-tack. The personal foul for hitting Manuel, was fair by definition, but in my football world, that's a legal hit. Oddly, it seemed like the Bills were tired and gassed and not the Chargers at the end of the game. I wonder if the team's conditioning has it better prepared than others.

I personally, still disagree with the decision to run it up the middle twice, and then force a 3rd and long pass to keep a drive alive in the 4th. IMHO, that is a recipe for failure unless your defense stands tall. The new rule bias to the passing game, 4 downs (instead of 3), and the much more aggressive play calling by opponents makes it so much harder for a defense than say early in the game.

My friend took a bath on the game, but winning last night on Mississippi St mitigated his losses. All his parleys went down in flames :shock::dunno:
          He called to see if I want to watch the evening game with him in TJ and drink/party his blues away. I'm going to stay home and bask in the glory of a Charger win

Feel free to lambast me to your hearts content. I deserve it and welcome it. Nothing can take away the high of today's win

Go Bolts!!!

haha. You livened up the board!
          For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Asela
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2014
            • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
            And he spelled it "The Gardner". I, too, know his identity (but have never revealed it). I am going to PM you with the name (that I have) and see if it matches yours.
            Actually guys, I never knew the identity of the "Gardner", I just remember all the famous predictions and threads. To me, those were all good times back on the NFL Forums You guys are all my Charger family!

Comment

• sandiego17
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

All his parleys went down in flames!
              Most do. The house loves the sucker that parlays.

Comment

• floydefisher
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • siberiacuse, ny
                • Send PM

Right after the game, a few of the announcers talked about Harvin stepping out of bounds, but in the replay shows and discussion in the days after, no one mentions that the NFL completely made a mistake in their Comm center in NY. Did the NFL give the Chargers a formal apology??? How would Charger fans have felt if we had lost by 1pt?
                No formal apology will be made as it didn't affect the actual outcome.

But I guarantee you the Bolts gave the comish an earfull behind closed doors, and don't forget the ref crews do get graded, and stuff like this does affect who refs in the playoffs, and who stays home.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X