Clear All
  • Lone Bolt
    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
    • Feb 2019
    • McLean Illinois
    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

ive stated I don’t care the means just the results on this.
    donkey’s bought a few, pats cheated, raiduhs enough said.
    Fuck TB12’s past. If he puts the Lombardi in the trophy case, it is there forever.
    It would never be our trophy...you will get to see NFL films for years talking about how Tom Brady went out west and won a Superbowl for the lowly Chargers...it will never be about the players already here. No thanks, but he won't win it for us anyway...just set us back a few years developing our team.
    Adopted Bolt: Scott Matlock

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
      • Feb 2019
      • McLean Illinois
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Kingcrimson View Post
      I genuinely think people who are so opposed to Brady would change their hearts if we win a Super Bowl. Unless they’re one of those San Diego fans that still express hate on every Chargers twitter post after 3 years, then I think there’s no cure for that. Along with a few others, I just want to win. Maybe I’m young enough not to experience the Chargers vs Patriots years in the 2000s, so I don’t know how some of you guys feel, but I’ll always support the finished product. Not the ownership, not the drama with it. I just like sports.
      Nope. And I am not from SD...I would like for them to have stayed, but I would have rooted for the Tuscaloosa Chargers...

Tom Brady comes here, Ill root for the Bolts, like I have for 40 years through the best of times, and the worst of times...I'm just saying this would be one of those worst of times, and what little success we may enjoy will just taste funny...don't know why anybody would want this.

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Send PM

Like I said in another thread, you wanna fill seats and sell Jerseys? Trade on up to 2 and take Tua...not a wise move, IMO...but a fun one....way better idea than picking up Brady.

Comment

• JOJAX85
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2018
          • Irmo, SC
          • Send PM

Reports of possible Bridgewater to Chicago...

Comment

• captaind
            Cook This Pork Chops
            • Jun 2013
            • Balcony
            • Senile Agitator
            • Send PM

Brady just announced he’s not going back to the Patriots.

So that leaves.....?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

I still don't want Brady to come to the Chargers - I think its to sell seats, get on TV, get some exposure based on the last few years. How did Jordan in DC work out? Not that good as I recall. Not that good.

I don't think this would end in a Hollywood ending like Manning did with Denver. That Denver team was stacked. Sure, Telesco can have a helluva draft and he can still create more cap space (Pouncey, Green) to get a guy like Trent Williams

I will say this though - I don't want Brady but I would like to see how Brady with a similar team stacks up to last years roster with Rivers.

Comment

• BigBad
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2019
                • Send PM

I'm 46 years old. I've followed the chargers since 1980 when I was 6. I've paid for Sunday Ticket for 20 years. If they sign Brady, I'm out until he leaves and maybe for good. The idea that they dump Rivers then get someone older and not just anyone but a guy real Charger fans hated for years, is insulting.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by BigBad View Post
                  I'm 46 years old. I've followed the chargers since 1980 when I was 6. I've paid for Sunday Ticket for 20 years. If they sign Brady, I'm out until he leaves and maybe for good. The idea that they dump Rivers then get someone older and not just anyone but a guy real Charger fans hated for years, is insulting.
                  I will always root for the Chargers -- I am still ticked off they traded Joe Washington for Lydell Mitchell - I go farther back than 1980 - so I would root for the Chargers with Brady - I just don't think its the right long term fit because I just am not sure Telesco can put the right players around him. Granted, he has the 6th pick to get an OT - or he could trade back, get a WR and more picks. But this team needs DT, LB and CB still besides another OT. The list is long and Bradys cap hit will make things "interesting"

Comment

• captaind
                    Cook This Pork Chops
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Balcony
                    • Senile Agitator
                    • Send PM

So it's either the Chargers with Brady for the next few years & not drafting a QB this season, or they pass on Brady & draft a QB.

And I still go back to this $6 billion dollar stadium that is way over budget and a lack of even the slightest interest in the team.

My conspiracy theory has been since this rumor started that the NFL was orchestrating this behind the scenes months ago. My tin foil hat still fits at the moment.

Comment

• Attack
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2017
                      • Send PM

No thanks. Don't want Brady on this team. Belichick lets players go a yr too early than a yr too late. He's 43. Come on now. He was regressing last yr. Would rather draft a QB this yr or next yr and start Taylor until/unless the draftee is ready.

My friends who are Pats fans think I'm crazy and should want Brady, as he will instantly improve the team- all aspects. They say even with the current OL, Brady would make it better. He gets rid of the ball so quickly that the OL wouldn't need to be overhauled. I say BS. If he does sign here, I'd like to see how he performs with this OL vs how Rivers has performed with this OL the last few yrs.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Attack View Post
                        No thanks. Don't want Brady on this team. Belichick lets players go a yr too early than a yr too late. He's 43. Come on now. He was regressing last yr. Would rather draft a QB this yr or next yr and start Taylor until/unless the draftee is ready.

My friends who are Pats fans think I'm crazy and should want Brady, as he will instantly improve the team- all aspects. They say even with the current OL, Brady would make it better. He gets rid of the ball so quickly that the OL wouldn't need to be overhauled. I say BS. If he does sign here, I'd like to see how he performs with this OL vs how Rivers has performed with this OL the last few yrs.
                        Thats the one thing I would want to see - Brady with similar players. Granted, with Turner on the roster the OL is already improved. If you add the 6th pick at OT - probably even better. So its hard to do apples to apples Brady v Rivers. I hope Tampa really steps up the offer.

Comment

• Critty
                          Dominate the Day.
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Its happening........

Supposedly Chargers made an offer around 30mil per year.

NFL would love the Brady in LA story.

Chargers vs Patriots in 2020.
                          Spanos is running a business.
                          Bucs don't play them next year.
                          Think Brady wants to play Bill asap and LA is how to do it.

Also think they may still draft Herbert or Love to sit behind Brady. Win now and be ready for future too.
                          Who has it better than us?

Comment

Working...
                          X