• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
    I haven't listened to Jim Rome for a long time. I find him amusing (in very small doses, after large intervals of not listening to him). He talked about the Chargers game yesterday and did a great job making fun of Josh Lewin who was spoofing on the legion of boom nickname. But then he started in on Gates calling him Fatonio Cakes. I took it that was something he must have said in the past that he resurrected? And he did it in typical Rome fashion, half-heartedly indicating it came solely from messages sent to the show. First time I heard that. Gates has always, from day one, been a little, eh, round shall we say. But not fat. Does Rome have some problem with Gates? Gates seems like one of the nicest, most respectful people in the world.

TG
    C'mon, it's Rome. That guy was mildly amusing when he was on local radio here but the incessant smack talk just got old very quickly for me and I really can't stand listening to him. But clearly other like his schtick since he is now nationally syndicated.

Comment

• thelightningwill
      Go Aztecs and Pads
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
      C'mon, it's Rome. That guy was mildly amusing when he was on local radio here but the incessant smack talk just got old very quickly for me and I really can't stand listening to him. But clearly other like his schtick since he is now nationally syndicated.
      Staying up all night.
      I remember the good ole days of Rome and then Larry King on 690 a.m.
      King, who didn't even really have a sports show, said, after spending some time listening to San Diego sports radio, he couldn't believe the Chargers had ever won a game. He'd never heard a fanbase so down on its own team.
      Whoever is still listening to Rome probably needs a drug test.

Comment

• Boltergeist
        Pesky apparition
        • Jun 2013
        • Baja Oklahoma
        • Send PM

I remember the commercials for Rome is burning. I was excited about watching it, until I learned that he wasn't actually going to be set on fire.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
          Grammar Police
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
          I haven't listened to Jim Rome for a long time. I find him amusing (in very small doses, after large intervals of not listening to him). He talked about the Chargers game yesterday and did a great job making fun of Josh Lewin who was spoofing on the legion of boom nickname. But then he started in on Gates calling him Fatonio Cakes. I took it that was something he must have said in the past that he resurrected? And he did it in typical Rome fashion, half-heartedly indicating it came solely from messages sent to the show. First time I heard that. Gates has always, from day one, been a little, eh, round shall we say. But not fat. Does Rome have some problem with Gates? Gates seems like one of the nicest, most respectful people in the world.

TG
          Gates isn't fat, he is Tony Gwynn-esk...
          Go Rivers!

Comment

• MakoShark
            Disgruntled
            • Jun 2013
            • North Alabama
            • Send PM

:Chrissy Everett logo:
            sigpic

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• RTPbolt
                Charger Fan till the end
                • Jun 2013
                • North Carolina
                • Send PM

Well deserved! He got open and caught everything coming his way. Rivers did great in getting the ball in some tough windows to him.

Comment

• MakoShark
                  Disgruntled
                  • Jun 2013
                  • North Alabama
                  • Send PM

Rivers and Gates go together like peas and carrots.
                  sigpic

Comment

• thelightningwill
                    Go Aztecs and Pads
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
                    Rivers and Gates go together like peas and carrots.
                    Steak and potatoes sound better.
                    Peas and carrots are more like Rice and Montana. They are good for something, but I still don't like them.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Ladarius Green played on 23-of-69 snaps (33.3 percent) in Sunday's win at Buffalo.
                      Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• RTPbolt
                        Charger Fan till the end
                        • Jun 2013
                        • North Carolina
                        • Send PM

Yet made a nice impact being the non-factor guy wide open on plays. I think with our RB situation we will see more TE sets to help setup the running game and passes to Gates and Green. Get him involved....he's a definite help as another receiving outlet.

It will be interesting to see how we handle the Jags this weekend. Compared to the last 3 teams with pretty solid to very good defenses we should be able to get a lot of long drives in this game and keep control if we dont turn it over.

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

It will also be interesting to see how they defend us. They try and single Gates and you saw what happened in the first two games. Pay a lot more attention to him and it opens up the rest of the receiving corp.

Comment

Working...
                          X