It's OK and I feel OK

Sucks we lost but in this team I trust.
  • Steve
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • South Carolina
    • Meteorologist
    • Send PM

I thoought our front 5 on D looked like a new unit. Not a great unit, but it looks like a group that belongs in the NFL, unlike last year.

OL had a few good plays, but overall, the teamwork wasn't there. It often takes zone OL a few games to get working as a unit, and missing Hardwick hurt us.

Still too many missed tackles on D, and some big runs through undefended gaps. Plus who lets Palmer scramble?

Comment

• Beerman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Eastlake
      • Send PM

That last scramble was brutal. No one within 15 yards.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        I thoought our front 5 on D looked like a new unit. Not a great unit, but it looks like a group that belongs in the NFL, unlike last year.

OL had a few good plays, but overall, the teamwork wasn't there. It often takes zone OL a few games to get working as a unit, and missing Hardwick hurt us.

Still too many missed tackles on D, and some big runs through undefended gaps. Plus who lets Palmer scramble?
        Compare the pocket Palmer had to the pocket Rivers had...
        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

I 'm not ok at all. This team didn't show up for 3 quarters. They were out physicalled on both fronts. I'm still not sure what the offensive game plan was. The D giving up an 89 yard TD drive to lose the game. Was anybody mentally ready to play that game? Coaches included.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• blahblahblah
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

Reyes

Comment

Lines got dominated tonight, didnt look physical at all. Concerned, very concerned. Im thinking 0 - 3 is a big possibility.

This is not a Championship caliber team yet.

Comment

• Beerman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Eastlake
                • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                Compare the pocket Palmer had to the pocket Rivers had...
                Huh? Palmer was flushed all the time. He got hit a ton. You can't block double A Gap blitzes. They had to make adjustments and throw the ball out quicker into the flats. Screen pass, WR screen, RB pitch, WR fade, etc. They kept trying to throw it 2 yards over the middle over the hands of the D lineman. It was stupid to not go wide when all the pressure is up the middle.

Comment

• Beerman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Eastlake
                  • Send PM

If any of the WR makes one guy miss, it's a TD. There was zero safety help outside.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
                    Huh? Palmer was flushed all the time. He got hit a ton. You can't block double A Gap blitzes. They had to make adjustments and throw the ball out quicker into the flats. Screen pass, WR screen, RB pitch, WR fade, etc. They kept trying to throw it 2 yards over the middle over the hands of the D lineman. It was stupid to not go wide when all the pressure is up the middle.
                    Palmer got flushed by guys leaving gaps. Rivers constantly had a very small pocket
                    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• CTrout
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

I'm ok too. I've become immune to these last minute losses. I've seen this movie 100 times and me and (probably most fans)
                      knew the outcome with 5 minutes left.

If this, if that, if only, shoulda, coulda, woulda.....yawn.

Comment

• Beerman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Eastlake
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                        Palmer got flushed by guys leaving gaps. Rivers constantly had a very small pocket
                        Two very different methods though. They blitzed over 50% of the time.

I still don't get why we didn't adjust to the blitzes. Not a single quick screen all game. Did Woodhead even get a pass out of the backfield? Those little swing passes were money last year against the blitz. It's like they forgot how to use him.
                        Last edited by Beerman; 09-08-2014, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X