Who Will Be The Offensive Coordinator For The ‘20/21 season?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

I hope they hire an experienced coach to be the new QB. Can also serve as a mentor for Steichen. Jim Caldwell would be excellent to me. Mike Martz too.

The Chargers missed out on hiring Bones Fassell to help Special Teams - lets hope Lynn has other changes on the coaching staff. And not just the Asst DB coach leaving.

Comment

• pacstud
      Black Belt Poster
      • Sep 2018
      • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post
      we are fans, aren't we? that's our right.. to whine all we want.. we actually supply the money that goes into their pockets...
      100% and I've never said otherwise.

It's MY right to get on your ass when said criticism doesn't pass muster. I can be a surly prick to fans, that's my right, yes?

I know I'm biased, it's a tough job. I know it's marginal..very, very thin margins. So I attack pedantic tomato throwers and label them as such.

Probably not going to stop doing it either.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
        I hope they hire an experienced coach to be the new QB. Can also serve as a mentor for Steichen. Jim Caldwell would be excellent to me. Mike Martz too.

The Chargers missed out on hiring Bones Fassell to help Special Teams - lets hope Lynn has other changes on the coaching staff. And not just the Asst DB coach leaving.
        Reportedly, nothing more than a new QB coach - sadly.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Reportedly, nothing more than a new QB coach - sadly.
          Yes, I read the same thing. That leads me to believe young dude. When in fact, they need a mentor for Steichen.

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

Lol the Hopeful football take.
            Well it is the reality for 2020. Hopeful? Maybe but fact regardless.
            My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Originally posted by pacstud View Post

It's MY right to get on your ass when said criticism doesn't pass muster. I can be a surly prick to fans, that's my right, yes?

I know I'm biased, it's a tough job. I know it's marginal..very, very thin margins. So I attack pedantic tomato throwers and label them as such.

Well said in this post and the few you posted preceding.
              Last edited by like54ninjas; 01-08-2020, 02:33 PM.
              My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                Outback Goon
                • Sep 2018
                • Australia
                • Send PM

tomato chucker checking in

Comment

• pacstud
                  Black Belt Poster
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

tomato chucker checking in
                  Ha! NoMore, you've got Platinum Tomato Chucking credentials...

It's just different

Topcat and some others are still using their temporary paper print out...

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

The guy who left the motor running at the gas station ?
                    Ran inside for a Yoohoo ?
                    Came back out ?
                    Car was gone ?
                    There goes the playbook...

:ml:
                    Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Jim Caldwell should be called today by Lynn and asked if he would want to serve as QB Coach/Asst HC I think he would be an excellent mentor for Steichen as well as a good sounding board for Lynn as well as just a good solid NFL coach in the room. Steichen is a young guy - I think a bit of experience for him would help him immensely. Also might help Lynn as well.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Jim Caldwell should be called today by Lynn and asked if he would want to serve as QB Coach/Asst HC I think he would be an excellent mentor for Steichen as well as a good sounding board for Lynn as well as just a good solid NFL coach in the room. Steichen is a young guy - I think a bit of experience for him would help him immensely. Also might help Lynn as well.
                        I keep hearing posters mentioning about how Stitch needs a "mentor." Sounds like Stitch is kind of unqualified for the job...

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Bullshit. I've been on too many gameday threads, fact is you're wrong. Any run that gets stuffed between the tackles is a two-page chorus of "WTF!?! WHy sUcH preDEEctable PlaY c@11inG?"

Tell you what, you tell me the personnel packages, defense to counter said personnel, tendencies, backfield, end splits, D/D, field position, game score, time, plays run, etc...we'll talk.
                          Okay, Pac, let's talk, then. For example, one of those predictable plays I alluded to was that 4th and 2 play vs. the Chefs, when Lynn/Stitch called for a shotgun handoff to Gordon up the gut. Which was stuffed by KC for no gain. Now, in my humble opinion, I felt that this play was very predictable. Not only was it predictable, but the Chef defenders were able to fully see that shotgun handoff, which gave the LB's even a few MORE extra seconds to run to the hole and really stuff Gordon.

Had Rivers been under center, with Watt in there as upback, he could have at LEAST faked to Watt before handing it off to Gordon. I feel this could have made it less predictable, and harder to defend. Actually, I mentioned in an earlier post that a quick opener to Watt would have been an even better play, giving us the advantage of the quick count and Watt hitting the hole before extra defenders could swarm to stop him.

Now, Pac, I realize I don't have the x's and o's background that you have, and I've mentioned before on other posts that I, along with many others here on this board, do appreciate your expertise in this area, because I've actually learned a few things from you and others. (Even though you get kind of angry with some of us sometimes). But, getting back to the play call here, what do you see going on? Why did this play fail? Was it predictable? Could we have used Rivers under center and/or Watt in there also to at least disguise our intent a little better than the shotgun handoff? What would YOU have run on a 4th and short with our personnel? What do you think?

image.jpeg
                          Last edited by Topcat; 01-09-2020, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X