TT's record for FA signings: Not so hot...

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

TT's record for FA signings: Not so hot...

As we discuss possible free agent signings this off-season, I started to look into how well Tom Telesco has done signing FA's the past several years. There have been a few FA's who have turned out well. Unfortunately, the vast majority have not. The past few years, hardly any FA's even signed. It's like after getting burned in the early years, TT got gunshy. Need to do a better job evaluating talent and signing. Look:

2019: Thomas Davis is running on fumes. Whiff. Tyrod is an okay backup. Inman an okay pickup midseason, then injured. Huge failure to not pick up a FA O-lineman.
    Grade: D

image.png

2018: Pouncey was a good signing. Green has been okay. Sturgis didn't work out that great; Jones signed because of issues with kicking game. Not very active in FA this year.
    Grade: C

image.png

2017: Okung was expensive, but a very good signing. Square was okay for the money spent. Boston was streaky--average at best. Barner didn't last long.
    Grade: B+

image.png
    2016:Benji looked good at times, but then got a case of the butterfingers, and was too unreliable as a returner. Hayward was a great value signing. Mebane was decent for first few years, then Bolts EXTENDED him two more years, when his play was dropping off. Lowery didn't last long--released about a year after signing a 3-year deal. Slauson was a decent signing when we needed O-line help. Cumberland was okay, I guess, for the money.
    Grade: B-

image.png

2015: Franklin just never lived up to expectations. Released after just 2 years. An expensive whiff. The rest of this FA class was pretty much a disaster.
    Grade: F

image.png
    Last edited by Topcat; 01-02-2020, 11:07 AM.
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

2014: Clemens was an okay backup, I guess. Other than that, pretty unimpressive.

image.png

2013: Cox was an epic fail. Freeney was a decent pickup, as were Dunlap and Woodhead. Donald Brown didn't produce all that much for $$$ spent. The others, meh.
    Grade: B

image.png
    Last edited by Topcat; 01-02-2020, 05:29 PM.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
      Superbowl?
      • Sep 2018
      • Los Angeles/Chicago
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
      2014: Clemens was an okay backup, I guess. Other than that, pretty unimpressive.

image.png

2013: Cox was an epic fail. Freeney was a decent pickup, as were Dunlap and Woodhead. The others, meh.
      Grade: B

image.png
      King was a player that would usually of been a flop, good pickup. Woodhead is probably the toughest little player I've seen in the NFL. Such a short, little guy that took major hits and just popped up and played the next down like no problem. Probably best he retired before he was seriously hurt. I respect the hell out of that dude.

Comment

Working...
      X