Which Season Was Your Most Disappointing Season Of The Rivers Era?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RyanLeaf4President
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2019
    • Send PM

Which Season Was Your Most Disappointing Season Of The Rivers Era?

Now that we might see the Rivers Era of the Chargers come to an end, curious to see what everyone's most disappointing season is. 16 great seasons from our future HoF QB, but many disappointing endings due to horrible ownership. So many “what could have been a” Just curious which season stung the most for you.

I left out 06 because I feel almost everyone would agree that tops the list. 14-2, LT MVP year, NFC sucked. Super Bowl was ours for the taking. So outside of that season, which was the one you were most disappointed by?

For me, I have to go with 2010. We had a top offense and top defense. Rivers was playing at an MVP level throwing to guys like Buster Davis and Tutu. We finish 9-7 and miss playoffs all because of a garbage special teams. Could have easily gone 14-2. Raiders(2nd time) & Bengals were really the only teams that beat us up.
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    33.33%
    0%
    0%
    33.33%
    0%
    33.33%
    Last edited by RyanLeaf4President; 01-01-2020, 09:25 PM.
  • Classic
    Hall Of Fame
    • Dec 2014
    • Send PM

2014 had a gut wrenching end to it imo. We had just come off a epic win @SF and the playoffs was in reach. Especially since KC started their back-ups for Week 17, which was the 2nd straight season they did that. I just remember being so mad we couldn't stop Justin Houston all game and even after halftime adjustments. That 2014 team was better than 2013 playoffs team imo and the best of the McCoy tenure. It's a shame we couldn't get more out of that years draft as well. Verrett and Attaochu looked promising during that season.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
      Superbowl?
      • Sep 2018
      • Los Angeles/Chicago
      • Send PM

2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, as that was our window. This is why I am sick of NFL, the best team doesn't always win, to think we couldn't get one in that 5 year window, to think the Colts only got one when they were consistently 13-0 every year, if it were best of 7 the Bolts would of had 2 or 3 and the Colts 2 or 3, the Steelers were not beating the Colts or Pats or Chargers in a best of 7 out of their 2, the Giants were not going to beat the 18-0 Pats in a best of 7, the NHL, MLB and NBA use best out of 7 and usually the best team wins, I understand why the NFL can't but really the Colts only won 1?

2018 as what could have been.

2019 due to expectations, MG holding out created an avalanche of clubhouse media questions circus, injuries.

2017 due to AL wanting to run the ball the first 4 games and horrific FG kickers. Lambo out played Koo in the preseason, cut Lambo and he has gone like 42 for 43 in Jax since.

2011 to 2016 are a blur due to Mike McCoy and Norv Turner (although Norv did take us to a AFCCG, guide us to 13-3 in 09) which those seasons with those coaches is disappointment in and of itself.

Comment

• RyanLeaf4President
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post
        2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, as that was our window. This is why I am sick of NFL, the best team doesn't always win, to think we couldn't get one in that 5 year window, to think the Colts only got one when they were consistently 13-0 every year, if it were best of 7 the Bolts would of had 2 or 3 and the Colts 2 or 3, the Steelers were not beating the Colts or Pats or Chargers in a best of 7 out of their 2, the Giants were not going to beat the 18-0 Pats in a best of 7, the NHL, MLB and NBA use best out of 7 and usually the best team wins, I understand why the NFL can't but really the Colts only won 1?

2018 as what could have been.

2019 due to expectations, MG holding out created an avalanche of clubhouse media questions circus, injuries.

2017 due to AL wanting to run the ball the first 4 games and horrific FG kickers. Lambo out played Koo in the preseason, cut Lambo and he has gone like 42 for 43 in Jax since.

2011 to 2016 are a blur due to Mike McCoy and Norv Turner (although Norv did take us to a AFCCG, guide us to 13-3 in 09) which those seasons with those coaches is disappointment in and of itself.
        I think I’ve erased 2011 - 2016 from my head. With the exception of coming close to tying the Broncos game in 2013, but you know classic Chargers and giving up a 3rd and 18.

Comment

• RyanLeaf4President
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post
          2014 had a gut wrenching end to it imo. We had just come off a epic win @SF and the playoffs was in reach. Especially since KC started their back-ups for Week 17, which was the 2nd straight season they did that. I just remember being so mad we couldn't stop Justin Houston all game and even after halftime adjustments. That 2014 team was better than 2013 playoffs team imo and the best of the McCoy tenure. It's a shame we couldn't get more out of that years draft as well. Verrett and Attaochu looked promising during that season.
          2014 was rough too. Started 5-1, and we should’ve been 6-0 had it not been for a bad hike in FG territory(if I remember correctly). We were number 1 in power rankings. Defeated the Super Bowl Champ Seahawks. And then after 5-1, all down hill.

Comment

Working...
          X