• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Jordan Love has played 1 season and vaults to the top of the list QB pay.

Mahomes is vastly underpaid now.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Right, that's how over priced the QB possition is but can't feel sorry for rich owners.

I'm sure Love will continue to get better but still, 1 season and he is the top paid.

It's all good, our QB is looking affordable now while as you said Mahomes has 3 rings at a bargain price when we thought his contract was nuts lol.

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Right, that's how over priced the QB possition is but can't feel sorry for rich owners.

I'm sure Love will continue to get better but still, 1 season and he is the top paid.

It's all good, our QB is looking affordable now while as you said Mahomes has 3 rings at a bargain price when we thought his contract was nuts lol.
        Shawne Merriman is not in favor of these big contracts for QBs. And note that none of the top 7-8 paid QBs have won a Super Bowl

Comment

• SBbound
          Casual fanatic
          • Feb 2019
          • Merced/San Diego
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Let's hope this motivates him to pitch a public hissy fit.

Comment

• CivilBolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by SBbound View Post

Let's hope this motivates him to pitch a public hissy fit.
            I think the thing with mahomes is he wants to win so he doesn’t mind not being top paid. Just like Brady

Comment

• DerwinBosa
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2022
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Agree, but I think they should of gave Tua 60 mil and handcuffed themselves lol.
              Clearly he isn't as good as Herbert, neither is Lawrence but every year a QB will set a new bar.

Love will get between 50-55 mil and he has only 1 season under his belt. That's just how it goes.

Jerrah is having a hard time seeing giving Dak that 60 mil. I don't blame him. He isn't one of the top 5 or perhaps 10 QBs so he shouldn't be the top paid but he will be,..... by someone.

​Can you believe we are at 60 mil a year for a QB? Owners will come up with something to combat it.
              I have nothing against Jordan Love. I think he's a very good quarterback. I also think the Packers will represent the NFC in the Super Bowl. He could be a superstar pretty soon. Something definitely needs to be done about these outrageous contracts quarterbacks are signing, though. This has gotten way out of hand.

Comment

• Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

I have nothing against Jordan Love. I think he's a very good quarterback. I also think the Packers will represent the NFC in the Super Bowl. He could be a superstar pretty soon. Something definitely needs to be done about these outrageous contracts quarterbacks are signing, though. This has gotten way out of hand.
                Not writing this directly to only you Derwin, or to slam anyone in any way.

I want the players to get as big a piece of the pie as possible. And the players at every position are making more than in the past, not just QBs. Starting QBs just happen to make the most, because they are the most important player on the roster. Would you rather that owners and the league get more of the pie? I am pro-player.

If you are concerned about the salary cap, then look at Jordan Love's cap number of 13 million right now. And after he walks in 1265 Lombardi Avenue & signs his contract this morning, it will be around 23 million. I believe Justin Herbert's cap number is somewhere around 20 million. Joey Bosa's cap number is 26 mill, why not say outside LB money is "out of hand"? Unless the league has to pay many billions in the Sunday Ticket thing, the cap will go up again about 20 million in 2025. That would make the salary cap around $275 million.

Now, what we has fans can indeed complain about is paying crazy numbers to gain access to the league. Ticket prices, merchandise, and the money spent on television viewing of the league(no matter how you access it) is the thing that is "way out of hand."

Don't worry about how much players make, they are the ones you are paying to see perform. Again, they should get as big a piece of the pie as possible. Worry about the owners and the league sucking up more of your money.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  JH3 and Me
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

I think the thing with mahomes is he wants to win so he doesn’t mind not being top paid. Just like Brady
                  He didnt sign at the time the biggest QB contract in history?
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

I think the Lions are the team to beat in the NFC. If they continue to build their defense, they will be hard to beat.
                    I think the 49ers are 2nd best in the NFC. Their defense is so good. I love Fred Warner. I'm hoping that Junior Colson becomes our multi-talented LB in the middle.
                    OLineCentric

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Jordan Love's cap number won't be $23million for the 2025 season, though. Justin Herbert's cap hit jumps to $37+m in 2025... and it keeps escalating from there. So the real question is... who doesn't get re-signed. Who gets traded... who gets waved...? It happens every time a QB gets paid. The Chiefs managed it nicely. Traded Tyreek and built their defense into the #2 scoring defense in 2023.

To me, the most interesting thing about the Packers is the fact that they're publicly owned... and don't have worry about the whims of a billionaire owner.
                      OLineCentric

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by PackersNation View Post
                        Not writing this directly to only you Derwin, or to slam anyone in any way.

I want the players to get as big a piece of the pie as possible. And the players at every position are making more than in the past, not just QBs. Starting QBs just happen to make the most, because they are the most important player on the roster. Would you rather that owners and the league get more of the pie? I am pro-player.

If you are concerned about the salary cap, then look at Jordan Love's cap number of 13 million right now. And after he walks in 1265 Lombardi Avenue & signs his contract this morning, it will be around 23 million. I believe Justin Herbert's cap number is somewhere around 20 million. Joey Bosa's cap number is 26 mill, why not say outside LB money is "out of hand"? Unless the league has to pay many billions in the Sunday Ticket thing, the cap will go up again about 20 million in 2025. That would make the salary cap around $275 million.

Now, what we has fans can indeed complain about is paying crazy numbers to gain access to the league. Ticket prices, merchandise, and the money spent on television viewing of the league(no matter how you access it) is the thing that is "way out of hand."

Don't worry about how much players make, they are the ones you are paying to see perform. Again, they should get as big a piece of the pie as possible. Worry about the owners and the league sucking up more of your money.
                        No it wont. It will be 13 mil this season and then next season it goes up.
                        He signed an extension and that kicks in after this last year of his contract which is his 5th year option.

Herbert is on his 5th year option as well and then his new deal kicks in. This year it will be 19.3 mil, his 5th year option cap hit. Thats how extensions work. Loves cap hit will be much higher than 23 mil in 2025. Herberts will be 37 mil and Love got a little more.

QB salaries are out of hand, and WR contracts are on their way. I dont feel sorry for rich owners, they just have a lot of money and dont know much about football. They just hand out the money or in Jerry Jones case, also plays GM and dont play it well.
                        Last edited by Boltjolt; 07-27-2024, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X