• Show
Clear All
  • Leslie Grossman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2020
    • Oklahoma
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
    Live near Cleveland so first hand look at Beckham since he joined the Browns. First, he may never be the OBJ he was early with the Giants. He has had some massive knee injuries. He also claims he has been playing with torn labrums in both shoulders for two years. Second, he destroyed the team dynamic for the Browns. He was a perceived superstar with a young QB (same place in his career that Herbert is). All the talk was about how Mayfield did not use OBJ right, OBJ did not get enough targets. Mayfield started to press to get him the ball. You can look at the data, Mayfield plays quite a bit more poorly when OBJ is on the field. Third, he is wierd. Not necessarily a bad person that the team doesn't like, but is very eccentric and messes up the lockerroom that way. And lastly, he pouts and doesn't give effort when he doesn't feel like he needs to.

A big NO THANKS to OBJ.

Maybe playing with Rodgers or Brady or for a coach like Belicheck or Peyton or Reid. But OBJ is just the kind of player to destroy young HCs, new coaching staffs and developing young QBs.

TG
    He is a cancer and no longer a superstar so doesn't work with most teams....even playing for the minimum

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Even without catches, routes run and practicing blocking skills is valuable experience.
      very much so. - getting reps during the game is very important. also - they will have film for him to be coached on. maybe he blocks better, runs better routes

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
        Live near Cleveland so first hand look at Beckham since he joined the Browns. First, he may never be the OBJ he was early with the Giants. He has had some massive knee injuries. He also claims he has been playing with torn labrums in both shoulders for two years. Second, he destroyed the team dynamic for the Browns. He was a perceived superstar with a young QB (same place in his career that Herbert is). All the talk was about how Mayfield did not use OBJ right, OBJ did not get enough targets. Mayfield started to press to get him the ball. You can look at the data, Mayfield plays quite a bit more poorly when OBJ is on the field. Third, he is wierd. Not necessarily a bad person that the team doesn't like, but is very eccentric and messes up the lockerroom that way. And lastly, he pouts and doesn't give effort when he doesn't feel like he needs to.

A big NO THANKS to OBJ.

Maybe playing with Rodgers or Brady or for a coach like Belicheck or Peyton or Reid. But OBJ is just the kind of player to destroy young HCs, new coaching staffs and developing young QBs.

TG
        I am not advocating signing OBJ - but its more a philosophical decision by the organization. When is the last time Telesco went for a player such as this. Sure, they haven't been 4-3 at the mid point very often in his tenure. But charger fans are prone to say "No way to OBJ" when you have the Saints telling the Browns how to do their cap so they can trade for him. You have the Rams going all in to get Von Miller - whether it works or not - who gives a rats backside. They are TRYING to win.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I am not advocating signing OBJ - but its more a philosophical decision by the organization. When is the last time Telesco went for a player such as this. Sure, they haven't been 4-3 at the mid point very often in his tenure. But charger fans are prone to say "No way to OBJ" when you have the Saints telling the Browns how to do their cap so they can trade for him. You have the Rams going all in to get Von Miller - whether it works or not - who gives a rats backside. They are TRYING to win.
          Thing is, a WR is hardly our biggest need. And like you said before, Jackson is a better option than Beckham but both will bitch that they aren't getting enough targets so not really wanting either very much. But wouldn't complain with we signed either.

Just think an OT or a RB or DL would help more. I expect nothing to happen though.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Thing is, a WR is hardly our biggest need. And like you said before, Jackson is a better option than Beckham but both will bitch that they aren't getting enough targets so not really wanting either very much. But wouldn't complain with we signed either.

Just think an OT or a RB or DL would help more. I expect nothing to happen though.
            No, I am fine not going for OBJ. More just what was the front office talking about with other teams before Tuesday

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

No, I am fine not going for OBJ. More just what was the front office talking about with other teams before Tuesday
              I'm for interviewing everyone. Don't make a decision until he's thoroughly vetted in these circumstances. Mike Williams disappears when he gets the slightest injury and is looking for his next big paycheck before actually earning it. OBJ distanced himself from his other team mates and made himself a cancer in a way. He's gotta take lower pay until he proves himself again no matter what. In the mean time brady continues getting all the talented misfits to the superbowl again, LOL!
              Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post

He is a cancer and no longer a superstar so doesn't work with most teams....even playing for the minimum
                Which of the following divas is worse:

1. OBJ ("Yes I'm cancer to a place that's ok wit losing because I want to win that BADDD.")
                2. AB ("Don't touch me! I'm the franchise!")

Comment

• CivilBolt
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Which of the following divas is worse:

1. OBJ ("Yes I'm cancer to a place that's ok wit losing because I want to win that BADDD.")
                  2. AB ("Don't touch me! I'm the franchise!")
                  They are tied in my book… TO and ochocinco can easily join those two.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                    Beef Before Gazelles
                    • May 2021
                    • Send PM

Didn't see this elsewhere.

The Raiders cut Henry Ruggs III in the aftermath of his DUI accident that killed another driver.

Raiders Cut WR Henry Ruggs (profootballrumors.com)

Ruggs was the draft's 12th overall pick in 2020.

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Bills out at least three starters versus Jaguars. Boo fucking hoo.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        JH3 and Me
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Some of these “I don’t want to sign OBJ but the fact that LAC didnt even try to trade for him shows that TT / FO suck balls and don’t give a fuck about winning and all they do is lay in bed eating mangos and cashing blood checks from the fans like me they cruelly suck dry” comments ,,,

… are pretty funny.

Fuck The Eagles day for me!
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• chargeroo
                          Fan since 1961
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Oregon
                          • Retired Manager/Pastor
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                          Some of these “I don’t want to sign OBJ but the fact that LAC didnt even try to trade for him shows that TT / FO suck balls and don’t give a fuck about winning and all they do is lay in bed eating mangos and cashing blood checks from the fans like me they cruelly suck dry” comments ,,,

… are pretty funny.

Fuck The Eagles day for me!
                          Said another way, bwa! I didn't get what I wanted, they didn't do what I was hoping they would do. Poor me.
                          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

Working...
                          X