• Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
    http://www.dreamworksmotorsports.com...vette-stingray

C8 Corvettes specs

Front-impact airbags

Front-impact airbags for the driver and passenger have been designed to protect the head during a frontal crash.

Pretensioners

Seatbelt pretensioners automatically tighten seatbelts to place the occupant in the optimal seating position during a collision.
    Wow, that is some serious damage...not just a fender bender...

Comment

• FoutsFan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Birmingham AL
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
      My father was a flaming alcoholic. I grew up in the 1960s. My dad a rough time of it in WWII; I posted about him recently. When I was a small boy, probably 1963-64, my father was convalescing at home after a pretty bad car accident. He had been in the hospital for some time. I remember he was in bed for days, maybe weeks, with bandages on his body. My mother told me he had been driving drunk, and he was facing manslaughter charges because the other driver was killed. But, the other driver was dead drunk also, and he was the one who crossed over the center divide and crashed into my father head-on. So he never was charged with manslaughter, even though he was driving drunk. My father knew the DA, they were pals at the Lions Club. That may or may not have had something to do with his not being charged. My memory says he got into three DUI accidents when I was a boy, all of this would have happened in the early 1960s. I don't know if I remember that correctly. I do know that he had a number of DUI's on his driving record. DUI was not treated as harshly back then. It wasn't until MADD started in the 1980s that DUI became a serious crime.
      What is odd is that the former president of MADD, Debra Oberlin was arrested for a DUI. She was not the founder of course (Candice Lightner was the founder) but she was the president at that time. Weird how some people become what they detest.

Debra Oberlin then went on to form the group DAMM (Drunks Against Mad Mothers). J/K about DAMM.

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Wow, that is some serious damage...not just a fender bender...
        It is a mid-engine car, it is located behind the cockpit. That's why it didn't get pushed into the passengers.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

What is odd is that the former president of MADD, Debra Oberlin was arrested for a DUI. She was not the founder of course (Candice Lightner was the founder) but she was the president at that time. Weird how some people become what they detest.

Debra Oberlin then went on to form the group DAMM (Drunks Against Mad Mothers). J/K about DAMM.
          The DUI accident that led to the founding of MADD occurred a mile or two from where I live, in Fair Oaks. The original mother, whose daughter died, is from here.

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
            Day One...
            • Mar 2019
            • Brentwood, 94513
            • Send PM

Can OBJ really released? As the third wr, he would be a nice get. I don’t see it happening. But from what I’ve seen, if you claim him on waivers, you take his 8 million for this year. If he clears waivers, guess it’s his choice. The last two years of his contract isn’t guaranteed.

I’m just saying, if we have that cap space just sitting there, why not. I know, we need lineman more, but are there any available?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts4ever213 View Post
              Can OBJ really released? As the third wr, he would be a nice get. I don’t see it happening. But from what I’ve seen, if you claim him on waivers, you take his 8 million for this year. If he clears waivers, guess it’s his choice. The last two years of his contract isn’t guaranteed.

I’m just saying, if we have that cap space just sitting there, why not. I know, we need lineman more, but are there any available?
              If the Chargers claim him and spend 8m - I would be disappointed because if they had 8m to spend - why not try to get better at the line of scrimmage, both sides of the ball

And if the Chargers are spending money on a WR - I think I would take DeSean Jackson at 25% of the cost

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                Pretty much retired......
                • Sep 2018
                • JoJa
                • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                • Send PM

Don't know if it's been discussed, but does anybody else feel that Rodgers does not give a shit if he misses due to Covid? I have always gotten the vibe that Rodgers does not give a shit about anything or anyone other than Rodgers.

Am I wrong in my summation???

Comment

• Boltgang74
                  We Are The Storm!
                  • Aug 2018
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
                  Don't know if it's been discussed, but does anybody else feel that Rodgers does not give a shit if he misses due to Covid? I have always gotten the vibe that Rodgers does not give a shit about anything or anyone other than Rodgers.

Yes

Comment

• CivilBolt
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2019
                    • Send PM

I think he stopped caring during contract standoff. He is probably trying to get his stock up for future trade.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

You should listen to him on Pat McAfee every Tuesday. I don't get that impression. You can also see his previous segments on YouTube.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Yes you are wrong in your summation

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                          Pretty much retired......
                          • Sep 2018
                          • JoJa
                          • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                          • Send PM

He has always struck me as a cold fish. Just my 2 cents........

Comment

Working...
                          X