• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Thought this was an interesting video about trade prospects. I'm surprised we're not talking about any defensive linemen (Washington) or possible running backs.

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
      Brandin Cooks, Will Fuller, and/or Moore are not going to turn this team around. So I don't know why everyone is so willing to throw away a draft pick(s) on guys who will basically be part of a team that goes 5-12. The team should stand pat, lose out, fire Telesco and the entire coaching staff, and save their draft picks for the next GM and coaches.

We don't need band-aids. We need a radical change of direction.
      Cooks would help but his contract would contribute to crippling us.
      I'd say no way we pursue him. I'd like to get Claypool but Pittsburgh already said they aren't trading him.
      Last edited by Boltjolt; 10-27-2022, 05:42 PM.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

I wasn't trying to imply that the team would be on board with losing. Unfortunately, however, the REALITY of the situation is that wasting draft picks on band-aids would be just another example of poor choices that this team has historically made. Doing nothing saves valuable draft capital while the rest of this lost season plays out. An extra win or two is not worth giving up even a 6th-round pick. In fact, an extra win or two can probably be considered a bad thing. A 7-win season is probably enough to save Telesco's and Staley's jobs. Does anybody want that?

P.S. Even 7 wins is big stretch for this sorry bunch.
        There is absolutely one person outright calling for us to lose out.

Comment

• QSmokey
          Guardedly Optimistic
          • Jun 2013
          • Kuna, Idaho
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

There is absolutely one person outright calling for us to lose out.
          Yup. I think of it like that season where the Indianapolis Colts 'motto' was "Suck for Luck". There have been others, most recently the Jets and Jags in the year before the Trevor Lawrence draft. What you don't get, rich, is that I'm looking for the team to improve just as much as the next guy. And I don't see a few meaningless wins - supposedly because that's what 'real' fans should want - as a way to do that. Another year of Telesco/Staley, and middle-round draft picks (some of which some posters, like yourself, are OK with trading for band-aids this season) are not the way to start this team in the right direction.

At some point you have to acknowledge that the product sucks and it's time to go back to the drawing board. I guess I just see that earlier than you will.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2022
            • White Rock, BC Canada
            • Send PM

I wasn't trying to imply that the team would be on board with losing. Unfortunately, however, the REALITY of the situation is that wasting draft picks on band-aids would be just another example of poor choices that this team has historically made. Doing nothing saves valuable draft capital while the rest of this lost season plays out. An extra win or two is not worth giving up even a 6th-round pick. In fact, an extra win or two can probably be considered a bad thing. A 7-win season is probably enough to save Telesco's and Staley's jobs. Does anybody want that?

P.S. Even 7 wins is big stretch for this sorry bunch.
            Next part of the schedule this team will lose alot if they dont up their game considerably after the bye. The 4 wins were all close over teams with a combined 7-18 record. I have not seen one impressive 60 miniute perfomance yet this season.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Yup. I think of it like that season where the Indianapolis Colts 'motto' was "Suck for Luck". There have been others, most recently the Jets and Jags in the year before the Trevor Lawrence draft. What you don't get, rich, is that I'm looking for the team to improve just as much as the next guy. And I don't see a few meaningless wins - supposedly because that's what 'real' fans should want - as a way to do that. Another year of Telesco/Staley, and middle-round draft picks (some of which some posters, like yourself, are OK with trading for band-aids this season) are not the way to start this team in the right direction.

At some point you have to acknowledge that the product sucks and it's time to go back to the drawing board. I guess I just see that earlier than you will.
              IMO, it's too early to pull the plug on Staley. If we play the last 10 games like we did against the Jags and Seahawks, I'd not be against blowing him out and starting over. But he's been the head coach for 24 games and we don't know how this season will play out - I do not expect us the play like that the rest of the year. 24 games is a really a short time to give someone time to revamp a team. After all, Bill Belichick's first 3 years as a HC was 6-10, 7-9 and 7-9 so if our fans ran that team he would not have made it to his 3rd year with those records.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                French Speaking Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Québec city
                • Send PM

Staley is 13-11.
                How many 6-10 seasons Don Coryell had with us ?
                And we still love him !

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
                  Staley is 13-11.
                  How many 6-10 seasons Don Coryell had with us ?
                  And we still love him !
                  Coryell's last 3+ seasons with us were 6-10, 7-9, 8-8 and 1-7.

And yes we love him!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Coryell's last 3+ seasons with us were 6-10, 7-9, 8-8 and 1-7.

And yes we love him!
                    I am not ready to pull the plug on Staley but next Tuesday will be an interesting day in how the organization views itself moving forward this season. I hope they are not okay with the current WR room. But I guess we will find out next week

Comment

• QSmokey
                      Guardedly Optimistic
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Kuna, Idaho
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

IMO, it's too early to pull the plug on Staley. If we play the last 10 games like we did against the Jags and Seahawks, I'd not be against blowing him out and starting over. But he's been the head coach for 24 games and we don't know how this season will play out - I do not expect us the play like that the rest of the year. 24 games is a really a short time to give someone time to revamp a team. After all, Bill Belichick's first 3 years as a HC was 6-10, 7-9 and 7-9 so if our fans ran that team he would not have made it to his 3rd year with those records.
                      That was with Cleveland, where he busted. He was fired two years later with a combined 36-45 record. Sadly, I think Staley is going to be given just a long a rope before the Span-Asses are forced to pull the plug on him and the rest of the sorry bunch of coaches he's assembled. So two more years, after this one, of uninspired football. But at least we can say we gave him a chance.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I am not ready to pull the plug on Staley but next Tuesday will be an interesting day in how the organization views itself moving forward this season. I hope they are not okay with the current WR room. But I guess we will find out next week
                        I have been thinking about this a lot today (in several very boring Zoom meetings at work!) and while I hope I am wrong, I think they are not going to do anything else. Williams isn't on IR so they are hopeful (delusional?) he'll be back sooner rather than later and appear willing to roll the dice that with two more weeks, Allen will be ready to go full bore and Palmer having 3 weeks off to heal his concussion, ankle and knee will be enough to hold down the fort until Williams is back in a month. They appear to be really high on Palmer still and are counting on him to step up. So I expect (fear?) that we will not do anything aside from a practice squad scrub type like Moore, Bandy and maybe Reed.

Comment

• SBbound
                          Casual fanatic
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Merced/San Diego
                          • Send PM

After all, Bill Belichick's first 3 years as a HC was 6-10, 7-9 and 7-9 so if our fans ran that team he would not have made it to his 3rd year with those records.
                          This piqued my interest so I went to look it up.
                          HIs Cleveland HC years were 3 losing seasons, 1 playoff season, then another losing season before being fired. Going 36-44 in five years.
                          His first year in New England he went 5-11 before going on his Super Bowl tear. Crazy.

Comment

Working...
                          X