• Show
Clear All
  • Maniaque 6
    French Speaking Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Québec city
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
    I don't think the Chargers are interested in TBilly. They were done with him when they cut him the beginning of last season. I don't know what it is, but there has to be something that causes teams to turn against him. He has talent.
    How many teams in his career ?
    That's a sign !

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Raider fans bemoaning the release of T Billy (like Chargers fans did), afraid he's going to resign with the Chargers. Also, the OT the Raiders traded for from NE a few weeks ago - a move this video commentator said at the time was going to "save" the Raiders season - has been put on IR.

Don't know why. He did absolutely nothing for them.

Comment

• AK47
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2019
        • Send PM

I don't think the Chargers are interested in TBilly. They were done with him when they cut him the beginning of last season. I don't know what it is, but there has to be something that causes teams to turn against him. He has talent.
        Wait....who is this t-billy again? Travis Benjamin or Tyron?

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Wait....who is this t-billy again? Travis Benjamin or Tyron?
          Tyron Johnson. Never has a guy with 22 career catches who has been cut 7 times generated so much hype.

Comment

• captaind
            Cook This Pork Chops
            • Jun 2013
            • Balcony
            • Senile Agitator
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Tyron Johnson. Never has a guy with 22 career catches who has been cut 7 times generated so much hype.
            The hype reminds me of the Flutopians. It just took on a life of its own at one point.

Comment

• AK47
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2019
              • Send PM

I'd like to hire his agent lol!!

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

The thing is though, he had something going with Herbert. He was essentially a rookie - he started the season on the PS, had never been in an NFL game, and didn't get in a game until Week 4. Suddenly he's catching bombs from Herbert, and as the season wore on he was running routes and making crucial catches, not just long balls. It appeared at that point that he was trending upward and that the Chargers had this unexpected talent fall into their lap and had built this great connection with our stunningly good rookie QB who was taking the league by storm. But there is something there that coaches don't like. He has talent, but something else his holding him back. I'm not sure what it is.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

The thing is though, he had something going with Herbert. He was essentially a rookie - he started the season on the PS, had never been in an NFL game, and didn't get in a game until Week 4. Suddenly he's catching bombs from Herbert, and as the season wore on he was running routes and making crucial catches, not just long balls. It appeared at that point that he was trending upward and that the Chargers had this unexpected talent fall into their lap and had built this great connection with our stunningly good rookie QB who was taking the league by storm. But there is something there that coaches don't like. He has talent, but something else his holding him back. I'm not sure what it is.
                  I don’t care how many times he’s been cut all I know is he added something to our offense that we don’t currently have and I’d rather have him him than Jason Moore or the guy Hightower guy they picked up.

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Jason Moore has 5 catches in 4 years with the team. Better?

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I don’t care how many times he’s been cut all I know is he added something to our offense that we don’t currently have and I’d rather have him him than Jason Moore or the guy Hightower guy they picked up.
                      Especially with Guyton out for the remainder, the offense really could use a guy with sub 4.4 speed and with whom Herbert had a connection with. I don't know if that "chemistry" would still be there. But in the final four games of the 2020 season, Guyton had 14 receptions. His catch percentage in 2020 with Herbert was 77%. His yards per reception was 19.9. His yards per target was 15.3. He looked like he was going to break out the next season, he was better than Guyton. But something happened in TC next season under the new regime and they decided he was expendable.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                        BetterToday ThanYesterday
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Hesitate to even prolong this but I think many are forgetting that Johnson was lining up incorrectly in preseason games, had fallen way down the preseason depth chart and there were (unsubstantiated) rumors of some issue between him and Herbert.
                        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                          and there were (unsubstantiated) rumors of some issue between him and Herbert.
                          Never heard this before.

Comment

Working...
                          X