• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Riverwalk
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I posted a video in the post above. Only a moron cant see it wasnt a head injury.

Ive had a back injury and it never made me lose my legs like that and let alone continue to play in a football game.

You are quick to crucify our HC but giving McDaniels a pass? Lol. Were you this addament when Rivers was playing with cracked ribs?
    Let me clarify WHEN I think Staley made a worse decision.

It was the wrong decision to keep Herbert in the game when the extent of his rib injury was completely unknown yet he could barely move at times.

After Herbert was thoroughly examined and the injury was completely identified, it was okay considering many other pro players have played with the same injury.

Are you telling me you think Staley shouldn’t have pulled Herbert from the KC game and simply relied on Herbert’s desire to keep playing?

Comment

• Berserker76
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

It was the wrong decision to keep Herbert in the game when the extent of his rib injury was completely unknown yet he could barely move at times.

After Herbert was thoroughly examined and the injury was completely identified, it was okay considering many other pro players have played with the same injury.

Are you telling me you think Staley shouldn’t have pulled Herbert from the KC game and simply relied on Herbert’s desire to keep playing?
      Agree. Why do people keep supporting Staley's decision to keep an injured Herbert in a meaningless game? Sorry, not a meaningless game, but it was a game that we were going to lose. What is the big benefit in letting him play? Herbert doesn't need to prove his commitment, we already know how tough and dedicated he is. Staley has to be a coach, and not a best-friend parent! This does not mean that I don't support Staley, I still do, but he needs to realize when he's made a mistake and learn from it.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

No he should have pulled him when the game was out of reach, but letting him play was fine.

Comment

• Riverwalk
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

letting him play was fine.
          I think you can only say that in hindsight but not what was unknown at the time.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

I think you can only say that in hindsight but not what was unknown at the time.
            Hr isnt the first QB to play with that injury. Its a pain tolerance thing but when the game is out of reach, yes take him out.

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

FWIW, what I got from the Staley post game press conference when he was getting hit up by the media about Herbert (rightfully so)
              was a nervous/guilty energy, besides simply losing a game.
              I can sympathize with his position because he's already getting scrutinized over the KC decision, and frankly, there's only so much fault you can own in that public position.
              while it would be nice and gratifying for us fans to hear Staley own a mistake, he cannot continue to look weak and wrong, especially when the locker room cleared out the way it did.
              having to explain yourself so specifically to the media becomes a power struggle and I think he understood he made a mistake but wasn't going to let the media rip him.
              I think his own competitiveness got to him and led to a bad decision, but one he felt was one of those, "culture changer moves"
              unfortunately, it looks like the locker room didn't take to it and hopefully he's had time to bridge whatever gap there is between himself and the team.

Winning games helps.
              2024: Far From Over

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
                Teddy Bridgewater is their Chase Daniels. Good luck with that. He stunk.
                but I’d still trade Chase for Teddy straight up without blinking. I could be wrong, but I’d rather have Bridgewater. Most teams have better QB2s than we do.
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

but I’d still trade Chase for Teddy straight up without blinking. I could be wrong, but I’d rather have Bridgewater. Most teams have better QB2s than we do.
                  I would too.

Comment

• ghost
                    The Rise of Kellen Moore
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Unaffiliated neurotrauma consultants is the name of my Replacements cover band.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Unaffiliated neurotrauma consultants is the name of my Replacements cover band.
                      That was my favorite band during my college years

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

If Tua had a concussion last Sunday, he would have to sit out a month.

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
                          Let's do this!
                          • Aug 2022
                          • Raleigh N. Carolina
                          • Send PM

Saints getting ROBBED by Zebras in London

What an absolute joke

Comment

Working...
                          X