• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Verser's hit on Thibs was low, but on the other hand, Thibs wasn't turned away and totally defenseless...still, feel for the guy and it now appears the injury is not serious...

thibs 2.JPG
    And this is exactly why we aren't, and shouldn't be, playing Herbert and friends in the preseason.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

That’s ugly. And uncalled for.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
        Charger Fan since 1978
        • Sep 2021
        • Send PM

Well TB12 was in the bahamas with a supermodel instead of training camp:LOL:

hey, is it just me or is tom brady looking more and more like kevin bacon the older he gets? :lol:
        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Verser's hit on Thibs was low, but on the other hand, Thibs wasn't turned away and totally defenseless...still, feel for the guy and it now appears the injury is not serious...

thibs 2.JPG

I saw the play, Thibido thought 81 was simply going to run out for a pass, he got lucky that this lesson didn’t cost him the season. And to be fair, if I’m 81 and I see the guy looking into the backfield away from me I can choose to go high and knock him on his ass without taking the chance of tearing up his fucking knee, just sayin’
          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

And this is exactly why we aren't, and shouldn't be, playing Herbert and friends in the preseason.
            Especially when you have UDFA trying their darndest to make an NFL team and not knowing fundamentals.
            imagine if some cowboy safety who probably won't make the team decided to make an impression by slamming into Herbs after a whistle.
            Even if it's not intentional, I can't think of a more dangerous environment.
            KC and Baltimore can win their pre season awards.
            Darius "4.36" Davis
            top play speed: 23.47 MPH

SDP2024: (Triple Play)

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Lamar Jackson wants a fully guaranteed contract....
              Herbert getting popcorn ready.
              Darius "4.36" Davis

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                Charger Fan since 1978
                • Sep 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Especially when you have UDFA trying their darndest to make an NFL team and not knowing fundamentals.
                imagine if some cowboy safety who probably won't make the team decided to make an impression by slamming into Herbs after a whistle.
                Even if it's not intentional, I can't think of a more dangerous environment.
                KC and Baltimore can win their pre season awards.
                Shades of rod-knee harrison and trent green?

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

Lamar Jackson wants a fully guaranteed contract....
                  Herbert getting popcorn ready.
                  Can you blame him? In some ways he’s more accomplished than ‘happy endings’ watson and the brownies gave him one despite uncertain legal issues at the time…

…you think the three Spanii can scrape up the 300 million to put into an escrow account?

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Can you blame him? In some ways he’s more accomplished than ‘happy endings’ watson and the brownies gave him one despite uncertain legal issues at the time…

…you think the three Spanii can scrape up the 300 million to put into an escrow account?
                    I'm still utterly dumbfounded that the Browns gave Watson that contract.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                      Charger Fan since 1978
                      • Sep 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I'm still utterly dumbfounded that the Browns gave Watson that contract.
                      I’m not, they want to win, the steelers are a perennial contender, the ravens have lamar jackson, the bengals got joe burrow, they realized they needed to upgrade from baker mayfield while the rest of the roster is still primed to compete…coming out of the AFC is going to be brutal for the next decade, a lot of guys that should’ve had rings will go ringless in the AFC…

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

No I can't.
                        frankly I don't know what I want.
                        I understand that it would be difficult to sign Herbert to an even bigger/fully guaranteed contract, but that might end up being an advantage.
                        if fully guaranteed contracts became the norm, id still feel better giving one to Herbert vs other less dependable QBs getting that from their clubs.
                        wait and see I guess.
                        Darius "4.36" Davis

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

No I can't.
                          frankly I don't know what I want.
                          I understand that it would be difficult to sign Herbert to an even bigger/fully guaranteed contract, but that might end up being an advantage.
                          if fully guaranteed contracts became the norm, id still feel better giving one to Herbert vs other less dependable QBs getting that from their clubs.
                          wait and see I guess.
                          Anything over $150 million guarantee is a joke. Hell they can just guarantee as Herbert goes along each season for $100 million ($25 each season) and it would be like almost $200 million guarantee. I get the feeling Herbert wants to win more than greed and he knows the big money will continue to come.

:cartman:
                          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X