• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fouts2herbert
    Charger Fan since 1978
    • Sep 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
    If Mac Jones were in this draft, he would be the first QB taken. This class sucks imo.

Brees had a floater type of arm when he first came out and he made it better with his core strength exercises. Still never had a cannon but it was much better and Jones can do that as well.
    I’m not as down on this QB draft class as most people seem to be. I think if these guys go as late as folks are saying, some good organizations are going to get a shot at taking a franchise qb with a mid to late first round pick.
    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I’m not as down on this QB draft class as most people seem to be. I think if these guys go as late as folks are saying, some good organizations are going to get a shot at taking a franchise qb with a mid to late first round pick.
      If our team needed a QB would you feel the same way?
      The 2019 class was also crap but still better than this one.

Glad we waited til the 2020 draft and now I'm glad we sucked so much that season.
      Herbert's best years are still to come.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
        Charger Fan since 1978
        • Sep 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

If our team needed a QB would you feel the same way?
        The 2019 class was also crap but still better than this one.

Glad we waited til the 2020 draft and now I'm glad we sucked so much that season.
        Herbert's best years are still to come.
        A lot of people here thought Herbert was a huge bust in waiting (I wasn’t one of them) and that Tua was the end all be all (not me) and look how that turned out. The media really pushed those narratives and folks bought into it.

I’m really troubled by the way this QB class has been branded, there’s a media involvement in talking these guys down that doesn’t sit well with me. At least 4-5 of these guys measure up to people that have been drafted in the top ten over the last decade. To say that pickett, willis, corral, ridder, howell, strong, etc have no shot to make it in the NFL just doesn’t jive with me, I’ve seen way worse guys get hyped like crazy because they won a heisman and go really really high in the draft. The one positive that can come from this is that historically bad teams will buy into the “these QBs suck” rhetoric and pass them up while organizations like Pittsburg or Tampa Bay can draft a franchise QB the year after they went to the playoffs. So some of these kids are going to land in places that will give them the best chance to succeed and many times that is the difference between a guy developing into an NFL starting QB or a bust.
        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

A lot of people here thought Herbert was a huge bust in waiting (I wasn’t one of them) and that Tua was the end all be all (not me) and look how that turned out. The media really pushed those narratives and folks bought into it.

I’m really troubled by the way this QB class has been branded, there’s a media involvement in talking these guys down that doesn’t sit well with me. At least 4-5 of these guys measure up to people that have been drafted in the top ten over the last decade. To say that pickett, willis, corral, ridder, howell, strong, etc have no shot to make it in the NFL just doesn’t jive with me, I’ve seen way worse guys get hyped like crazy because they won a heisman and go really really high in the draft. The one positive that can come from this is that historically bad teams will buy into the “these QBs suck” rhetoric and pass them up while organizations like Pittsburg or Tampa Bay can draft a franchise QB the year after they went to the playoffs. So some of these kids are going to land in places that will give them the best chance to succeed and many times that is the difference between a guy developing into an NFL starting QB or a bust.
          I was on the Herbert Train 100%. It wasn't that I didn't like Tua...I thought he was going to be an injury bust. If he can't make things happen with the receivers he has he never will and may end up like Baker Mayfield and Trubinsky. Just a huge question mark.
          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• equivocation
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2021
            • Send PM

If you look at the max velocity, average velocity, max rpm, average rpm numbers from the senior bowl there is a lot of arm talent in this draft class. It's just a question of whether they can put it all together as the all have ?s.

If we needed a QB I would absolutely roll tue dice on three of them. With QB you go for high ceiling IMO. If you miss you try again in a couple years.

Malik Willis and Sam Howeel can sling it.

Comment

• FoutsFan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Birmingham AL
              • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
              If you look at the max velocity, average velocity, max rpm, average rpm numbers from the senior bowl there is a lot of arm talent in this draft class. It's just a question of whether they can put it all together as the all have ?s.

If we needed a QB I would absolutely roll tue dice on three of them. With QB you go for high ceiling IMO. If you miss you try again in a couple years.

Malik Willis and Sam Howeel can sling it.
              I am a big Willis fan. he will be good with some seasoning. But he is from my school so I am a bit biased.

Comment

• equivocation
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

I am a big Willis fan. he will be good with some seasoning. But he is from my school so I am a bit biased.
                He's got buckets of talent. I'm not scouting QBs this year but I'd be willing to take him top 5. A lot depends on his head though, and I just haven't looked. Seems to have a good head on his shoulders.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I was on the Herbert Train 100%. It wasn't that I didn't like Tua...I thought he was going to be an injury bust. If he can't make things happen with the receivers he has he never will and may end up like Baker Mayfield and Trubinsky. Just a huge question mark.
                  I really like kenny pickett and matt corral, I could be totally wrong and I’ve been wrong way more than right but those two have something that can’t be put into a category like size speed etc…pickett has played in a pro style offense and reminds of mac jones but with wheels, corral is the one guy that could really blossom in the NFL, he is able to fit passes in places where no one else in this class does. It’s combination of vision, super fast release, anticipation, and accuracy. He put more pro caliber type passes on film than anyone else in this class but he’ll need time to learn the pro system and he’s reckless with his body, he’s going to have to clean that up. He has jalen hurts type leadership ability to lead a lockeroom but with better arm talent, bigger size, and similar athletic ability.

I also like howell, willis, ridder, and strong a lot too.. howell is like a more mature composed version of baker mayfield with real leadership ability, the kid is tough as nails, willis is my biggest boom or bust, he might have the highest ceiling of any of these guys. I’m not sure who to compare willis to, he’s like a poor man’s justin fields. Ridder I like too, he throws a nice accurate deep ball, he throws really well off platform, he’s a big fast guy running the ball kind of reminds me of vince young, if he lands in the right place he could blossom too. Strong is more of classic pocket guy but he’s an arm, I was really impressed with him every time I saw him play in college, he’s the type of guy that can always bring his team back in a game. His body didn’t look good at the combine, I wish he would’ve come in in better shape for the scouts and shown more dedication to his training. He stands really high in the pocket reminds me a little of drew bledsoe, big arm, accurate, throws a nice deep ball and like corral he can fit passes into tight windows, I’d compare him to kyle trask of the but I think kyle might be a better prospect.

you never know with these guys, to say that they’ll all suck sounds strange to me, 1-2 of these guys is going to surprise like they always do…look at what happened with davis mills last year, I had a low first round grade on him and he fell to the top of the third. He looks like he’s going to become a solid NFL starter.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                    French Speaking Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Québec city
                    • Send PM

D. Ridder seems the P. Mahomes of that draft.
                    Avg of his 2 years at CIN : 25 TDs, 7 INTs, 155 QRT, 500 y rush.

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

I really like kenny pickett and matt corral, I could be totally wrong and I’ve been wrong way more than right but those two have something that can’t be put into a category like size speed etc…pickett has played in a pro style offense and reminds of mac jones but with wheels, corral is the one guy that could really blossom in the NFL, he is able to fit passes in places where no one else in this class does. It’s combination of vision, super fast release, anticipation, and accuracy. He put more pro caliber type passes on film than anyone else in this class but he’ll need time to learn the pro system and he’s reckless with his body, he’s going to have to clean that up. He has jalen hurts type leadership ability to lead a lockeroom but with better arm talent, bigger size, and similar athletic ability.

I also like howell, willis, ridder, and strong a lot too.. howell is like a more mature composed version of baker mayfield with real leadership ability, the kid is tough as nails, willis is my biggest boom or bust, he might have the highest ceiling of any of these guys. I’m not sure who to compare willis to, he’s like a poor man’s justin fields. Ridder I like too, he throws a nice accurate deep ball, he throws really well off platform, he’s a big fast guy running the ball kind of reminds me of vince young, if he lands in the right place he could blossom too. Strong is more of classic pocket guy but he’s an arm, I was really impressed with him every time I saw him play in college, he’s the type of guy that can always bring his team back in a game. His body didn’t look good at the combine, I wish he would’ve come in in better shape for the scouts and shown more dedication to his training. He stands really high in the pocket reminds me a little of drew bledsoe, big arm, accurate, throws a nice deep ball and like corral he can fit passes into tight windows, I’d compare him to kyle trask of the but I think kyle might be a better prospect.

you never know with these guys, to say that they’ll all suck sounds strange to me, 1-2 of these guys is going to surprise like they always do…look at what happened with davis mills last year, I had a low first round grade on him and he fell to the top of the third. He looks like he’s going to become a solid NFL starter.
                      This class is going to be an absolute sleeper class. There might be 3 functioning starters in the NFL a couple of years from now and some teams who just passed over this QB class are going to feel stupid. Anybody with an aging QB or an over paid QB should be drafting something even if it's in the second or third round.

:coffee:
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                        Charger Fan since 1978
                        • Sep 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

This class is going to be an absolute sleeper class. There might be 3 functioning starters in the NFL a couple of years from now and some teams who just passed over this QB class are going to feel stupid. Anybody with an aging QB or an over paid QB should be drafting something even if it's in the second or third round.

:coffee:
                        This^ QB is the most difficult projection and we’ve seen so many guys not used properly in college blossom in the NFL, we’ve also seen the ‘can’t miss’ guys regularly flop. Too much is being put on statistics right now and that can come in handy at most positions but not at QB. At QB you really have to look at the whole package and make a projection on how that player would fit in the NFL regardless if he had some bad games or so so stats. The reason for that is the coaching and talent surrounding these guys. In the NFL most teams have a certain level of talent that is pretty consistent across the league. Even the coaching is pretty level and we see the parity every year. In college the fluctuation in talent levels and coaching talent are up and down week to week so you have to look at the whole QB, arm strength, accuracy, mobility, durability, leadership, etc… then you have to grade based on potential. Production at the college level means so much less for a QB than it does for other positions. We’ve all seen time and time agan, guys throwing for heismans in college amount to nothing in the NFL. That’s why the statistical trend doesn’t always apply progecting college quarterbacks. You have to break them down to the small parts and look at what they have then decide if that package is useful at the next level. How fast do they release the ball, how accurate are they when they throw hard and down the field, can the improvise when things break down, can they rally their team (leadership), etc…I see a lot of potential in this class. Of the top 6 quarterbacks in this class at least 3 have the potential to become NFL stars and the other 3 could at least be solid starters. This class has a LOT of potential so I’m not buying the narrative that these guys are trash. I also haven’t heard bad things about any of them in regards to character issues

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Love the optimism but I don't see it.

I called the 2019 class bad as well and said they all would be backups aside from 1 or 2 and so far other than Murray, its holding up.

Daniel Jones is hanging in there but he could end up losing his starting spot after this year. He hasn't been that good.

Comment

Working...
                          X