• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • equivocation
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2021
    • Send PM

I know if I was a player I would take my brain health very seriously when considering how long to play. Certain players don't get hit in the head a whole lot but it still has to be a nagging thought.

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
      Day One...
      • Mar 2019
      • Brentwood, 94513
      • Send PM

When they mentioned that Donald might retire if they win, shocked me. But then, made some sense. What does he have left to prove? Getting out on top, relatively healthy is never a bad thing.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts4ever213 View Post
        When they mentioned that Donald might retire if they win, shocked me. But then, made some sense. What does he have left to prove? Getting out on top, relatively healthy is never a bad thing.
        How about the rumor that McVay is getting married and is strongly considering retiring and going into broadcasting for a healthier life balance for his family?

Comment

• MusicMakerInMe
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2020
          • Send PM

It would be an interesting shift: dominant NFL players retiring early after getting their ring, accolades and stacking money.

Dynasties may potentially be a dying breed. Makes title windows a little more open for the rest of the league.

Regarding Donald, to me you can put the guy in the Reggie White, Bruce Smith category. Top 10 defender of all-time, especially when you factor in how much offenses are catered to. The guy has been absolutely dominant from his very first NFL game to this very last Super Bowl play.

Comment

• MusicMakerInMe
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2020
            • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
            I know if I was a player I would take my brain health very seriously when considering how long to play. Certain players don't get hit in the head a whole lot but it still has to be a nagging thought.
            Yeah I read an article with Dirk Nowitzki recently (one of the best NBA players of all-time and retired) talk about how bad his foot pain is and saying the last few years of his career were not worth it. It was actually very sad to read.

Comment

• Bolt-O
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by MusicMakerInMe View Post

Regarding Donald, to me you can put the guy in the Reggie White, Bruce Smith category. Top 10 defender of all-time, especially when you factor in how much offenses are catered to. The guy has been absolutely dominant from his very first NFL game to this very last Super Bowl play.
              You might be underrating him. Its really tough to compare different eras, but I'm thinking Butkis, Deacon Jones and Larry Taylor (heh) level. He can walk away now, and still be a 1st ballot HOF.

Comment

• MusicMakerInMe
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2020
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

You might be underrating him. Its really tough to compare different eras, but I'm thinking Butkis, Deacon Jones and Larry Taylor (heh) level. He can walk away now, and still be a 1st ballot HOF.
                I may very well be. In fact I consider Reggie White, Deioen Sanders, Lawrence Taylor, etc. to be right there in the same tier - practically best of the best. Donald to me is right there in that category. That guy absolutely carried that franchise for nearly a decade of being at worst a top 3 defensive player in the league and at best his own tier. Incredible player that showed up on the biggest stage and played like he knew it may be the last chance.

Comment

• AK47
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

How about the rumor that McVay is getting married and is strongly considering retiring and going into broadcasting for a healthier life balance for his family?
                  This is an excellent idea. He's young enough to take a couple years off THEN come back on his own terms with the right situation.

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

This is an excellent idea. He's young enough to take a couple years off THEN come back on his own terms with the right situation.
                    He couldn’t find a better situation

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

He couldn’t find a better situation
                      Will it be in a year or two when the debut comes due?

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Will it be in a year or two when the debut comes due?
                        He has the full support of the owner who has shown he'll do whatever it takes and a GM that goes and gets what he can. He just lured Matt Stafford to the team. Everybody talks about a debt coming due but they've been saying about the Rams for a few seasons. Goff trade, Gurley contract, etc. They just keep it moving as Staley would say.

The Rams are willing to trade early round picks for veterans who can come in and make a difference from the start. OBJ cost nothing, Miller a couple of early round picks, Stafford some early round picks and Ramsey some early round picks.

My guess is they let Ramsey go first. He was not good in the Super Bowl.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

Not sure where to post this, but since it involves players from around the league I'll put it here.

This type of WR seems to thrive in the NFL: 6-1ish to 6-2; between 200-215 lbs; not blazing speed.

Examples:

Cooper Kupp: 6-2, 204lbs, 4.6 40 time
                          Davante Adams: 6-1, 215lbs, 4.56 40 time
                          DeAndre Hopkins: 6-1, 214lbs, 4.57 40 time
                          Justin Jefferson: 6-1, 202lbs, 4.43 40 time
                          Keenan Allen: 6-2, 206lbs, 4.56 40 time? (not sure, but he's not a speedster, as we know)

There are more examples, but these five really stand out IMO. What is it about this height/weight/speed combo that makes for great WRs? Only Jefferson has a sub 4.5 40 time.

Our own Joshua Palmer is in this category too: 6-1, 210lbs, 4.52 speed. I look forward to Palmer's 2nd season.

Comment

Working...
                          X