• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SDBORN
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Good Lord, it boggles my mind the weird shit people post about Herbert. If we had an average QB instead of Herbert, we might not have 3 wins. Is he perfect? No, but you guys are unreal.
    I never said an average qb would have done better, did I? .The truth is he's a young physically gifted qb who has much to learn still. Processing, decision making, etc.
    He has a long way to go and I fear this experimental coaching staff will waste his young developmental years as I mentioned in another post.

Some you get so emotional about comments on a sports forum lol
    ​​​​
    ​​​​​

​​​​​

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

I never said an average qb would have done better, did I? .The truth is he's a young physically gifted qb who has much to learn still. Processing, decision making, etc.
      He has a long way to go and I fear this experimental coaching staff will waste his young developmental years as I mentioned in another post.

Some you get so emotional about comments on a sports forum lol
      ​​​​
      ​​​​​

​​​​​
      I'm not emotional about it - more just rolling my eyes. Every single game thread is filled with these weird critiques of him. He could finish 39 out of 40 passing and someone would complain he overthrew a WR.

Comment

• Bolts318
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2021
        • Send PM

You know, if Cincy wasn't having the year they are having, I think Rich Bisaccia would warrant coach of the year honors. He has a good chance of winning out given the Chargers will likely roll over and the Chiefs may have the number one seed wrapped up after next week and will rest their starters. If he makes the playoffs, think the Davis' family gives him the job for 2022?

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts318 View Post
          You know, if Cincy wasn't having the year they are having, I think Rich Bisaccia would warrant coach of the year honors. He has a good chance of winning out given the Chargers will likely roll over and the Chiefs may have the number one seed wrapped up after next week and will rest their starters. If he makes the playoffs, think the Davis' family gives him the job for 2022?
          No. They just won two in a row, but had a bad streak right before. Not sure how you got the idea that anyone considered him coach of the year during that bad streak. They play @ the Colts next week, probably won't win that. I think Mark Davis cleans house.

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

30 NFL GMs would push their mother's in front of a brinks truck to trade their qb for ours.
            2024: Far From Over

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

I'm not emotional about it - more just rolling my eyes. Every single game thread is filled with these weird critiques of him. He could finish 39 out of 40 passing and someone would complain he overthrew a WR.
              Herbert had a bad game yesterday; it wasn't just the interceptions, there were too many failures on 3rd down leading to field goals.
              I'm curious as to why Allen was so little involved.

Go back and look at the final failed drive against KC and he you'll see that he missed on all 3 throws....on the 2nd one to Williams he needed to wait a split second longer and it could have been a big gain. He needs more patience in well protected pockets: several times now he has fled one to run right into a defender for a sack.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Herbert had a bad game yesterday; it wasn't just the interceptions, there were too many failures on 3rd down leading to field goals.
                I'm curious as to why Allen was so little involved.

Go back and look at the final failed drive against KC and he you'll see that he missed on all 3 throws....on the 2nd one to Williams he needed to wait a split second longer and it could have been a big gain. He needs more patience in well protected pockets: several times now he has fled one to run right into a defender for a sack.
                Herbie may be suffering from sackitis...he's been sacked and pressured so many times, usually from Norton's side, that the fear of getting hit may be causing him to sling the rock too early...
                Last edited by Topcat; 12-27-2021, 09:28 AM.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                  We Are The Storm!
                  • Aug 2018
                  • Send PM

Yeah the fact is TTs o line rebuild from all his past crappy attempts is definitely not over yet.We need a real solid dependable RT and more solid depth.

Comment

• Caslon
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2019
                    • Send PM

Chargers should go try again at building around Herbert. But TT will try and do both at once with his usual “fielding a team” approach.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Good Lord, it boggles my mind the weird shit people post about Herbert. If we had an average QB instead of Herbert, we might not have 3 wins. Is he perfect? No, but you guys are unreal.
                      i agree with this. He’s the best player on the team by a mile.
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                        The Precious
                        • May 2019
                        • Send PM

Anybody but Justin and this is a three win team at best. When I see posts questioning his intelligence I just laugh and he probably reads microbiology for fun after studying defenses.

We are soooo fortunate to have this kid. They need to get him some help especially on defense and a short field once in a while would be nice that and actually forcing some three and outs. If he does throw a pick shut it down not give up a 95 yard drive for a touchdown. The last thing we want is Justin playing hero ball like Phil at the end of his run. They need to fix this. He gave us the lead late against KC and they choked that away as well.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Herbie may be suffering from sackitis...he's been sacked and pressured so many times, usually from Norton's side, that the fear of getting hit may be causing him to sling the rock too early...
                          Herbert has been sacked 28 times. That is the 15th most this season. Fourteen QBs have been sacked more than he has. Joe Burrow has been sacked 47 times, the most. Aaron Rodgers has been sacked 27 times, about the same as Herbert.

Comment

Working...
                          X