• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Maniaque 6
    French Speaking Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Québec city
    • Send PM

Maybe about 20 who played for the Chargers.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
      I think Tdub is with the Lions now. He had some nice seasons for us. I wonder how many guys named Williams have played in the NFL? Must be a hundred of them.
      Tyrell got released by the Lions. He had a injury...concussion or foot injury....i forget and missed a lot of games so when he was better they released him. I think he is still available but not sure.

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Tyrell got released by the Lions. He had a injury...concussion or foot injury....i forget and missed a lot of games so when he was better they released him. I think he is still available but not sure.
        Tyrell is a free agent. I'm a bit surprised he's not at least on somebody's practice squad somewhere. His career has been a tragedy since he left the Chargers. He had some good seasons. 2016 he was Phil's leading WR after Keenan went down, 1,100 yds and 7 or 8 TDs. In 2018 he was a big part of the success of that year. He was better than Mike Williams in Mike's 1st couple of seasons. Then the Raiders offered him a huge contract. The started out pretty good, scoring a TD in every game for the first six weeks. Then injuries derailed him, and he's never gotten back on track. Even if he doesn't play again, he's had a good run in the NFL, much better than you would expect for a UDFA out of a tiny school like Western Oregon.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Tyrell is a free agent. I'm a bit surprised he's not at least on somebody's practice squad somewhere. His career has been a tragedy since he left the Chargers. He had some good seasons. 2016 he was Phil's leading WR after Keenan went down, 1,100 yds and 7 or 8 TDs. In 2018 he was a big part of the success of that year. He was better than Mike Williams in Mike's 1st couple of seasons. Then the Raiders offered him a huge contract. The started out pretty good, scoring a TD in every game for the first six weeks. Then injuries derailed him, and he's never gotten back on track. Even if he doesn't play again, he's had a good run in the NFL, much better than you would expect for a UDFA out of a tiny school like Western Oregon.
          Yep and he has 5 years in so he gets the NFL pension. Not sure how they work. Im sure more years equals more than 5 years, but its something and probably better than a regular job.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I don’t know how anyone can expect him to perform after Urban waived one of the best WRs in football. Just ask Chain. Can’t be a GOAT without a Tbilly.
            Leftwich or Jim Caldwell would be two names I think the Jaguars should consider. Leftwich playing for the team so has history with
            "Duval" and also being mentored by Arians. Caldwell has coached many good NFL QBs. Would be a calming boring presence for Lawrence. No drama,

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

#NCAANews
              SDSU will play them.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• northerner
                Charger fan since '79
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                For three years I've been reading how great Trevor Lawrence will be. Now, nearing the end of his first year, he's been pretty pedestrian. Did people over-rate him or is it a rookie year thing that he'll overcome?
                it always tougher when you no longer have the best talent on your O-line, the best WR's and RB's to make your life easier. TL got beat his sophmore and junior years in the CFP when he came up against teams that were on par with Clemson from a talent standpoint (I don't follow college that closely, but LSU and Ohio State had great teams to match Clemson).

on the other hand, there are many HOF QB's who got run over in their rookie season (P. Manning, Aikman, Steve Young, etc., etc. etc.), so the jury is definitely out for Trevor L.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  JH3 and Me
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

it always tougher when you no longer have the best talent on your O-line, the best WR's and RB's to make your life easier. TL got beat his sophmore and junior years in the CFP when he came up against teams that were on par with Clemson from a talent standpoint (I don't follow college that closely, but LSU and Ohio State had great teams to match Clemson).

on the other hand, there are many HOF QB's who got run over in their rookie season (P. Manning, Aikman, Steve Young, etc., etc. etc.), so the jury is definitely out for Trevor L.
                  Elway got worked like a mule his first year and didn’t play HOF-like level until year 4. Fouts was horrible his first 3 years on a bad Chargers team. It’s way too early to toss this kid in the shitcan when he’s on the worst team in football and had maybe the worst coach in pro sports before that jackhole was fired.

That said - I’d lay a bet that Herbie is better start to finish
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• northerner
                    Charger fan since '79
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Elway got worked like a mule his first year and didn’t play HOF-like level until year 4. Fouts was horrible his first 3 years on a bad Chargers team. It’s way too early to toss this kid in the shitcan when he’s on the worst team in football and had maybe the worst coach in pro sports before that jackhole was fired.

Dmac - as long suffering Charger fans (my first year of suffering was 1979 at age 10 - it sounds like you go further back), we have to thank the football gods every day that Hertert landed on our team. He is the real deal.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                      BetterToday ThanYesterday
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

I think Lawrence has a ton of talent. He plays for a crappy team right now with a crappy coaching staff. I think he is too talented and grounded to get ruined by the stench around him, but I doubt he is ever as good as Herbert. I also doubt all the ‘experts’ out there who said he is superior to Herbert as a prospect will ever let it go. I wish him well — seems like a good young man.

TG
                      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

This is why it hasn't been a tragedy.....rather, it has been a success.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Back then, all rookie qbs struggled in the NFL for various reasons: Dan Marino was the exception.

Still trying to figure things out as President/GM

Comment

Working...
                          X