• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
    For three years I've been reading how great Trevor Lawrence will be. Now, nearing the end of his first year, he's been pretty pedestrian. Did people over-rate him or is it a rookie year thing that he'll overcome?
    A bull-headed head coach who insisted on his vision of what a QB should be, vs. using the strengths Lawrence had. Maybe the next coach get him on track.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

A bull-headed head coach who insisted on his vision of what a QB should be, vs. using the strengths Lawrence had. Maybe the next coach get him on track.
      I don’t know how anyone can expect him to perform after Urban waived one of the best WRs in football. Just ask Chain. Can’t be a GOAT without a Tbilly.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• chargeroo
        Fan since 1961
        • Jan 2019
        • Oregon
        • Retired Manager/Pastor
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

I knew someone would say that but look at all the QB's he has coached at Miami and Ohio St. That kind of makes it unlikely that it was the coach's fault.
        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

For three years I've been reading how great Trevor Lawrence will be. Now, nearing the end of his first year, he's been pretty pedestrian. Did people over-rate him or is it a rookie year thing that he'll overcome?
          I'm sure he will improve and at least in here it was Chain who crowned him the next greatest ever. Said he would be better than Herbert.

​​​​​​Agree though, he hasn't had a very good rookie season.

​​​​​​

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I don’t know how anyone can expect him to perform after Urban waived one of the best WRs in football. Just ask Chain. Can’t be a GOAT without a Tbilly.
            On the other hand, I wonder what a really good coach could do with T-Billy...unless Johnson is doing something we're unaware of, to make himself unwelcome...he's been cut by several teams now...

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I'm sure he will improve and at least in here it was Chain who crowned him the next greatest ever. Said he would be better than Herbert.

​​​​​​
              Usually what he predicts, just the opposite will happen.

I don't know if you can blame all of Trevor Lawrence's problems on the dysfunction in Jax. He may just not be very good. It happens all the time, a college QB looks like the best prospect ever, then he gets to the NFL and falls flat.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

​​​​​​
                All that Urban Blight must have taken a toll on Lawrence...with a solid coach and good draft, he should do better...

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

On the other hand, I wonder what a really good coach could do with T-Billy...unless Johnson is doing something we're unaware of, to make himself unwelcome...he's been cut by several teams now...
                  Six.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

there’s a league full of good coaches that unanimously continue to decide to do nothing with him. While he’d be MVP in the Chain-League, alas … we live in the real world of NFL. So much blindness, so little time …

Comment

• chargeroo
                      Fan since 1961
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Oregon
                      • Retired Manager/Pastor
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

there’s a league full of good coaches that unanimously continue to decide to do nothing with him. While he’d be MVP in the Chain-League, alas … we live in the real world of NFL. So much blindness, so little time …
                      I do wonder what they know about him that we don't know? He has good size, speed and good hands. Yet, he doesn't stick with a team. I notice he hasn't had a single catch in LV.

In training camp we read some high praise about him, then when he was injured it seems they forgot how he had looked early in camp. There has to be something about the kid that we are unaware of. So, get over him!
                      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

I do wonder what they know about him that we don't know? He has good size, speed and good hands. Yet, he doesn't stick with a team. I notice he hasn't had a single catch in LV.

In training camp we read some high praise about him, then when he was injured it seems they forgot how he had looked early in camp. There has to be something about the kid that we are unaware of. So, get over him!
                        Route running? Playbook comprehension? Work ethic? I too do not know but its something, personnel rooms know of his existence. Our prior good #3 WR that got a ridiculous #1 contract in OAK/LV is out on the street too, I think (Tdub).

Comment

• chargeroo
                          Fan since 1961
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Oregon
                          • Retired Manager/Pastor
                          • Send PM

I think Tdub is with the Lions now. He had some nice seasons for us. I wonder how many guys named Williams have played in the NFL? Must be a hundred of them.
                          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

Working...
                          X