• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CivilBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

My initial reaction was ... bad pass ... but yeah, Lockett fell down, maybe just before the pass. Its going to be a tough road for Seattle now, they can't stop anything.
    I agree. He’s a backup for a reason. Legion of Boom to Gloom… time to trade Stick

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

My initial reaction was ... bad pass ... but yeah, Lockett fell down, maybe just before the pass. Its going to be a tough road for Seattle now, they can't stop anything.
      They are 2-3 and could be fighting with the Niners for 4th place. Cards and Rams easily look like the best teams in the division - with the Packers, the best in the NFC. Should have traded Russell Wilson a year too early and not a year too late

Comment

• CivilBolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

“He was the highest-rated player on our board at that time, offense or defense,” Mayock said.
        I would have stuck a fork on TT if he made this comment.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post
          According to NFL.com, the Raiders are auditioning #17 overall pick Alex Leatherwood at guard, because he's sucked like a Hoover at right tackle.

Raiders move first-round OT Alex Leatherwood to guard during Thursday's practice (nfl.com)
          Bosa abused him Monday night and caused Carr to get shook.

Thank Jerruh in Dallas, cuz if he had chosen to draft Slater, like many thought he would, we might have ended up with Leatherwood. TT was going to draft an OT with the Bolts' first pick no matter what. Leatherwood was the next OT off the board. Thank the football goddesses that Big D drafted Parsons - even if it did cost us a game when Parsons abused Norton in Week 2 - and we got the Slater.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

According to NFL.com, the Raiders are auditioning #17 overall pick Alex Leatherwood at guard, because he's sucked like a Hoover at right tackle.

Raiders move first-round OT Alex Leatherwood to guard during Thursday's practice (nfl.com)
            Leatherneck now in good company...with Robert Gallery...

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
              Beef Before Gazelles
              • May 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Bosa abused him Monday night and caused Carr to get shook.

Thank Jerruh in Dallas, cuz if he had chosen to draft Slater, like many thought he would, we might have ended up with Leatherwood.
              NO! Either Alijah Vera-Tucker or Christian Darrisaw would almost certainly have been the pick.

Part of what was eyebrow-raising about the Raiders' selection of Leatherwood is that most people had him as an early-to-mid 2nd round pick. There's NO reason to think that Teleaco would've come down with a severe case of Mayock-itis and overfrafted Leatherwood at 13.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                Beef Before Gazelles
                • May 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Leatherneck now in good company...with Robert Gallery...
                Bob Buczkowski. He was a D-lineman, but horribly overdrafted.

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

NO! Either Alijah Vera-Tucker or Christian Darrisaw would almost certainly have been the pick.

Part of what was eyebrow-raising about the Raiders' selection of Leatherwood is that most people had him as an early-to-mid 2nd round pick. There's NO reason to think that Teleaco would've come down with a severe case of Mayock-itis and overfrafted Leatherwood at 13.
                  Well fortunately we'll never have to find out.

I think you are right, though. Darrisaw was generally regarded as the next best OT in the draft. But Mayock thought knew better, just like the thought he knew better when the drafted Clelin Ferrell at No. 4 a few years ago.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                    Pretty much retired......
                    • Sep 2018
                    • JoJa
                    • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                    • Send PM

I was high on Tevin Jenkins for months. Tucker is a guard, so he would have solved little for our OT problems. However I would have considered either Jenkins or Darrisaw a reach at 13. Now with a trade down, either would have not upset me.....but........Slater was there so all is right in the world.

I just saw an article on NFL.com about the top 25 rookies so far in 2021. Slater was #2 and Samuel Jr. was ranked at #4. That kind of drafting will earn you extensions and win us (hopefully) a Super Bowl.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

I was high on Tevin Jenkins for months. Tucker is a guard, so he would have solved little for our OT problems. However I would have considered either Jenkins or Darrisaw a reach at 13. Now with a trade down, either would have not upset me.....but........Slater was there so all is right in the world.

I just saw an article on NFL.com about the top 25 rookies so far in 2021. Slater was #2 and Samuel Jr. was ranked at #4. That kind of drafting will earn you extensions and win us (hopefully) a Super Bowl.
                      No sacks allowed for Slater so far. I think the short arm thing can get a rest. Was said you needed what, ...34" arms at minimum? Slater 33.5"....or was it 33"? Either way, he has GREAT feet which helps tremendously. Those long ams come in handy when you have slow feet.

And if you just arent very good, you can have 38" arms and still suck. Pkipkins arms arent short and he is dreadful.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

I was going to say … nobody here or most any expert rankings had Leatherhead as #3 tackle. TT already got burned by a Bama tackle with concrete feet, he still makes an occasional wild pitch but he hasn’t made that same pitch since Fluker
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

No sacks allowed for Slater so far. I think the short arm thing can get a rest. Was said you needed what, ...34" arms at minimum? Slater 33.5"....or was it 33"? Either way, he has GREAT feet which helps tremendously. Those long ams come in handy when you have slow feet.

And if you just arent very good, you can have 38" arms and still suck. Pkipkins arms arent short and he is dreadful.
                          All that bs about certain measurables is just that. If you can play, you can play

Comment

Working...
                          X