• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Yeah i dont get why Detroit wanted to take on Goffs contract. I read some where that somebody who works for Detroit scouted Goff back then and he liked him. Detroit doesnt even get a first for this draft.
    The Lions new GM was with the Rams just recently lol.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Goff now has Lynn as offensive coordinator. Hello to stuffed runs, play action passes and qb scrambles.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Critty
        Dominate the Day.
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Any chance this Lions move which acquired two 1st rd picks from Rams......was step 1 in trying to get D.Watson-QB?
        They have more ammo to trade for him..

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
          Any chance this Lions move which acquired two 1st rd picks from Rams......was step 1 in trying to get D.Watson-QB?
          But would Houston be so stupid as to take Jared Goff ? I mean, the Lions did

And I think Watson has a no-trade - so he can veto certain teams

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
            Anything is possible, but Goff is still the albatross with the big contract. Goff probably could be dealt to a team wanting a seat in the musical chairs, maybe to a team with cap room. Trade Goff and one of those draft picks to Houston for Watson, or maybe Goff and both picks for Watson and JJ?

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

Anything is possible, but Goff is still the albatross with the big contract. Goff probably could be dealt to a team wanting a seat in the musical chairs, maybe to a team with cap room. Trade Goff and one of those draft picks to Houston for Watson, or maybe Goff and both picks for Watson and JJ?
              If Detroit tries to trade Goff, cant the team interested say something like...."we are intersted IF you pay half his guaranteed money". Thats a real thing that can happen. Detroit gets out of half the 43 million, gets a pick or two and the recieving team pays only half the guarantees.

I think trading him again is doable unless that is against the rules to do that for the guarantees.
              Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-31-2021, 11:20 AM.

Comment

• northerner
                Charger fan since '79
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by eaterfan View Post

The point is to win. You don't need first round picks to do that. There are other ways. The Saints have been over the cap year after year and trade first round picks, too. They've been competitive for a decade.
                true. and assuming that the rams make the playoffs for the next 2 years, those first round picks will be pick #20+ in the first round. Our last two 20+ first round picks: Tillery in 2019 (pick 28) and Kenneth Murry in 2020 (pick 23). our recent picks higher than that were Herbert (#6 in 2020) and Derwin James (#17 in 2018). similar thing this year: look at the awesome top 10 and top 15 talent, and then imagine if we were picking at #25 this year. when talking about first round picks, you really need to factor in Top 10 or Top 20 pick - and even then, look at Mike Williams (#7 in 2017).

they still gave up a LOT for a guy who isn't exactly an MVP QB. if the rams had gotten Aaron Rodgers in this deal, it would have been a steal for the Rams. however, if you qualify where those first round picks might be in the draft order, getting Stafford for those picks is not a crazy as it sounds.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

And I think Watson has a no-trade - so he can veto certain teams
                  Yeah, Watson would want to go to a contender, and probably won't go to a divisional rival, like the Colts. 49er's makes sense to me

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

Yeah, Watson would want to go to a contender, and probably won't go to a divisional rival, like the Colts. 49er's makes sense to me
                    If I am the 49ers I am calling Houston - offering Aiyuk (or Samuel), Greenlaw plus 1st and a 2nd see what Houston says

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

So Watson is now worth 4 #1s?
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• ghost
                        The Rise of Kellen Moore
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Matt Patricia must have pissed Matthew off something awful....

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Matt Patricia must have pissed Matthew off something awful....
                          It used to be where players wanted to go. A lot changed in one season

Comment

Working...
                          X