• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

That would be an astonishing collapse by the Steelers. Seeing a lot of posts speculating that Ben must be hurt.
    I wonder if a flame out in the first round would get Tomlin fired this year.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I wonder if a flame out in the first round would get Tomlin fired this year.
      He has NEVER had a losing season. How do you fire that? And if they do, i hope we fire Lynn right afterwards and hire Tomlin.

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

The Steelers could be looking for a new QB and LT next year.

Paul Zeise: Father Time has sacked Steelers' dream season and Ben Roethlisberger’s last hurrah

"This was supposed to be the last hurrah for a Super Bowl run around Roethlisberger. He is 38 and he has this year and next year on his contract. It was going to be his time to ride off into the sunset a champion. Father Time, however, is undefeated and in this case, has sacked the Steelers’ hopes of one last run with the old cowboy at the helm."

"Roethlisberger can’t make basic throws down the field any more, his offensive line can’t dominate any more and the defense is beat up and short-handed."

"I would argue that Roethlisberger wasn’t the Steelers worst player, or the one who looked the oldest and closest to being done. Did you see Steelers left tackle Al Villanueva? He hasn’t been very good all season, but on Monday, I couldn’t tell if he was playing against Lawrence Taylor or whoever the Bengals had opposite him on a given play."

"It wasn’t supposed to end this way for the Steelers and when they were 11-0 it didn’t look like it would. This wasn’t a fluke, this wasn’t a bad night at the office, either, this was a butt kicking by the Bengals, who were the younger, hungrier and dare I say better team. The Steelers can no longer hide or overcome their flaws, they have been exposed for what they are — an aging team whose time has passed."

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Colin Cowherd opines that Big Ben hasn't taken good enough care of his body during his career and that is why he's suddenly dropped off a cliff and can't bounce back from injury. He compares Ben to Brady and LeBron, who have been into taking care of their bodies their entire careers and that is why the are performing well later in their careers.

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
            The Steelers could be looking for a new QB and LT next year.

Paul Zeise: Father Time has sacked Steelers' dream season and Ben Roethlisberger’s last hurrah

"This was supposed to be the last hurrah for a Super Bowl run around Roethlisberger. He is 38 and he has this year and next year on his contract. It was going to be his time to ride off into the sunset a champion. Father Time, however, is undefeated and in this case, has sacked the Steelers’ hopes of one last run with the old cowboy at the helm."

"Roethlisberger can’t make basic throws down the field any more, his offensive line can’t dominate any more and the defense is beat up and short-handed."

"I would argue that Roethlisberger wasn’t the Steelers worst player, or the one who looked the oldest and closest to being done. Did you see Steelers left tackle Al Villanueva? He hasn’t been very good all season, but on Monday, I couldn’t tell if he was playing against Lawrence Taylor or whoever the Bengals had opposite him on a given play."

"It wasn’t supposed to end this way for the Steelers and when they were 11-0 it didn’t look like it would. This wasn’t a fluke, this wasn’t a bad night at the office, either, this was a butt kicking by the Bengals, who were the younger, hungrier and dare I say better team. The Steelers can no longer hide or overcome their flaws, they have been exposed for what they are — an aging team whose time has passed."
            Music to my ears.
            Now if someone could only write some similar epitaph for the chowder heads.

Comment

• ghost
              The Rise of Kellen Moore
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

GM Interviews - Jacksonville

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Houston to interview for GM

Louis Riddick
                John Dorsey
                Matt Bazirgan

Trent Baalke
                Rick Smith

Houston Head Coach Interviews

Jim Caldwell

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Houston to interview for GM

Louis Riddick
                  John Dorsey
                  Matt Bazirgan

Trent Baalke
                  Rick Smith

Houston Head Coach Interviews

Jim Caldwell
                  Meanwhile, the Spani sit around and twiddle their thumbs while most of the good HC and GM candidates get snapped up by other teams...it's the Charger Way...

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Meanwhile, the Spani sit around and twiddle their thumbs while most of the good HC and GM candidates get snapped up by other teams...it's the Charger Way...
                    More than likely they have decided to do the unbelievable and bring back Lynn.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                      We Are The Storm!
                      • Aug 2018
                      • Send PM

Puke!!!!!

Comment

• ghost
                        The Rise of Kellen Moore
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

More than likely they have decided to do the unbelievable and bring back Lynn.
                        Article I posted yesterday says there's a 20% chance of Anthony Lynn remaining.

Comment

• chargeroo
                          Fan since 1961
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Oregon
                          • Retired Manager/Pastor
                          • Send PM

I like Anthony Lynn - he's my kind of guy. I backed him in here for most of this season - but;

I keep remembering the 45-0 game against NE and I can't help but think they can find some HC that can do better than that. I still think we have better players than NE has so I believe it's the difference in the coaching that did us in.
                          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

Working...
                          X