• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Texans to consider Brian Schottenheimer as Head Coach?

An offensive coordinator with three franchises dating back to the 2006 season, Brian Schottenheimer has not received a chance to become a head coach. The Texans may be considering changing that.

One of the members of the Texans’ search committee, Jed Hughes, made a strong recommendation for the current Seahawks OC to receive serious consideration to succeed Bill O’Brien as Houston’s next head coach, Adam Schefter of ESPN.com tweets. Schottenheimer has not been connected to a head coaching search since the Seahawks hired him to run their offense in 2018.
    https://www.profootballrumors.com/20...mer-for-hc-job

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
      Texans to consider Brian Schottenheimer as Head Coach?

https://www.profootballrumors.com/20...mer-for-hc-job
      Id be OK giving him a Shott.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Hell yes - I would too if going the route of first timers. If the apple has some of what Pops had - bring it.

I respect his Dad as a head coach more and more every year. Old school. Usually didn't wear a head set. Play sheet tucked in the front of his pants. Watched the game, coached the game, Talked to his players. Heckuva damn good football coach.

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

If Schottenheimer has an option, he might not want the Charger job.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            Oline-Tip of the Spear...
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Pipefitter Illinois State University
            • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

If Schottenheimer has an option, he might not want the Charger job.
            Yea...the Chargers run his old man out of town in favor of AJ...some of the rift reportedly over Marty wanting to add Brian to the staff if I remember correctly...or maybe he was already on staff, but Marty wanted to promote him...but yea, don't see the Schottenheimer family returning to the Charger fold.
            Adopted Bolt: Scott Matlock

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Yea...the Chargers run his old man out of town in favor of AJ...some of the rift reportedly over Marty wanting to add Brian to the staff if I remember correctly...or maybe he was already on staff, but Marty wanted to promote him...but yea, don't see the Schottenheimer family returning to the Charger fold.
              No he wanted his Brother as DC. Brian was on the staff the whole time as the QB coach.
              However, AJ isnt here now. But the Spanii is bad enough.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                • Feb 2019
                • McLean Illinois
                • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                • Send PM

No he wanted his Brother as DC. Brian was on the staff the whole time as the QB coach.
                Yea...couldnt quite remember...thanks
                Adopted Bolt: Scott Matlock

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  JH3 and Me
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

His brother wasnt a great DC, in all fairness. Maybe as good as Teddy
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

His brother wasnt a great DC, in all fairness. Maybe as good as Teddy
                    Yeah, but the HC was Marty - AJ screwed that one up...

It shows that a very good HC can help an average assistant.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      JH3 and Me
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Yeah, but the HC was Marty - AJ screwed that one up...

It shows that a very good HC can help an average assistant.
                      I don’t disagree. Hated the Marty fire and never agreed with AJ that he could never win the big one. Andy had the exact same bridesmaid but never-big win career for years too until - hey, whaddayaknow - SB Trophy! Coach can’t stop RB from fumbling at the 1yl, or run on the field to tackle his Safety to the ground before he turns back over a game-sealing INT, etc ... this is shit HS players know, and i don’t buy for a second he doesn’t teach these fundamentals. He was Mr. Fundamental!

His firing wasn’t just AJ alone, it was AJ getting into Dean’s ear and Dean making that final call that nepotism was not allowed and Marty had to go. Dean finalized the Chargers nepotism policy after a staff meeting with his son, ... and his other son, and his daughter.

who, last time i checked, all still work for the Chargers. Dean Spanos- , an idiot, hypocrite and douche all rolled into one.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I don’t disagree. Hated the Marty fire and never agreed with AJ that he could never win the big one. Andy had the exact same bridesmaid but never-big win career for years too until - hey, whaddayaknow - SB Trophy! Coach can’t stop RB from fumbling at the 1yl, or run on the field to tackle his Safety to the ground before he turns back over a game-sealing INT, etc ... this is shit HS players know, and i don’t buy for a second he doesn’t teach these fundamentals. He was Mr. Fundamental!

His firing wasn’t just AJ alone, it was AJ getting into Dean’s ear and Dean making that final call that nepotism was not allowed and Marty had to go. Dean finalized the Chargers nepotism policy after a staff meeting with his son, ... and his other son, and his daughter.

who, last time i checked, all still work for the Chargers. Dean Spanos- , an idiot, hypocrite and douche all rolled into one.
                        If Lynn is fired and the Chargers do a search and people ask me who they should hire - my answer
                        Hire the guy that can be the next Marty Schottenheimer type coach. Big Andy is that coach now.

I just am not sure who that coach is - but I hope they can find him

Might be Brian Daboll if I had to guess of the never been a head coach before

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          JH3 and Me
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

If Lynn is fired and the Chargers do a search and people ask me who they should hire - my answer
                          Hire the guy that can be the next Marty Schottenheimer type coach. Big Andy is that coach now.

I just am not sure who that coach is - but I hope they can find him

Might be Brian Daboll if I had to guess of the never been a head coach before
                          I bet they don’t fire AL, first. I don’t know who that next one is - Marty was a seasoned experienced winning NFL HC - what is the pool of former HCs with Marty’s proven track record of rebuilding shitty teams in multiple cities into contenders?

Comment

Working...
                          X