• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fouts2herbert
    Charger Fan since 1978
    • Sep 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

An enjoyable little inside football, Hard Knocks type clip.

Imagine our guys about to deal with it getting real.

Let's do this !
    With the way some teams have been wheeling and dealing AFTER 53 man cutdowns, it would not have made sense to have Jared Patterson, JT Woods, and Tony Jefferson on a video like that, that would just be cruelty...
    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Before the Niners signed Brandon Aiyuk to his 4-year/$120 mil contract, they tried to work a deal where they would trade him to Pitt for a 2nd and 3rd, then trade Pitt's 3rd to the Broncos' for Courtland Sutton. But the Broncos said no dice and the 49ers decided not to do the trade with Pitt because they didn't have a replacement for Aiyuk.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        JH3 and Me
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

I realize this does not speak well of me that I love this … I am a product of my environment

“Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
          Before the Niners signed Brandon Aiyuk to his 4-year/$120 mil contract, they tried to work a deal where they would trade him to Pitt for a 2nd and 3rd, then trade Pitt's 3rd to the Broncos' for Courtland Sutton. But the Broncos said no dice and the 49ers decided not to do the trade with Pitt because they didn't have a replacement for Aiyuk.
          They also had a deal in place with Cleveland and the Browns were offering Aiyuk 35mil APY, it would've made him the highest paid receiver in the NFL I think, but he didn't want to go to Cleveland and took less money to stay in SF, basically took the same deal that he was offered at the beginning of the summer...the 49ers stuck with their deal and when he turned it down they allowed him to shop himself, the Browns thing is surprising because they have a competitive team and he was going to make Jefferson type money and he just didn't want to play there, took less money to stay with the 49ers I imaging the Browns offered the 49ers significant draft compensation as well...
          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
            Charger Fan since 1978
            • Sep 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
            I realize this does not speak well of me that I love this … I am a product of my environment

That reminds me of one of my Aunts growing up, she was unfiltered and unapologetic walked into a room cursed anybody and everybody out that she wanted to and still had everyone in stitches, you can hear the Browns fan taking the video laughing her ass off, Hilarious!

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                Moderate Skeptic
                • May 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Murray was plenty fast - he had slow reaction time and guessed wrong too often because he didnt see it naturally. Pretty horrible in coverage, most often just way late in picking up a RB or TE that was let loose all alone in the flat. I’ll never know if that was caused by Staleys fucked up scheme or just him because all of our DBs regressed under Staley.
                Murray has all of the physical attributes to be an All Pro type player. Unfortunately he does not have the instincts required to be great at the LB position. The best ones just seem to know what's going to happen (before it happens). Call it instinct, play study, whatever . . . . . . . . . . this is the single most important skill a LB needs to be successful, and it's the main separator between the good and the not so good . . . . . . . . . speed and strength means nothing when you fill the wrong gap, or don't recognize the RB in the flat . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  JH3 and Me
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Murray has all of the physical attributes to be an All Pro type player. Unfortunately he does not have the instincts required to be great at the LB position. The best ones just seem to know what's going to happen (before it happens). Call it instinct, play study, whatever . . . . . . . . . . this is the single most important skill a LB needs to be successful, and it's the main separator between the good and the not so good . . . . . . . . . speed and strength means nothing when you fill the wrong gap, or don't recognize the RB in the flat . . . . . . . . . . .
                  Yep
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• CivilBolt
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                    Kudos to him. Ekeler would have joined KC in a heart beat for the right $$$

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                      Charger Fan since 1978
                      • Sep 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                      I like it, he didn't want to be a Raider anymore but at the same time he didn't want to shit on his old team, he was never going to sign inside the division, kinda old school...

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I like it, he didn't want to be a Raider anymore but at the same time he didn't want to shit on his old team, he was never going to sign inside the division, kinda old school...
                        I'm glad. Chiefs woukd have been a scary offense with Josh

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                          Charger Fan since 1978
                          • Sep 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I'm glad. Chiefs woukd have been a scary offense with Josh
                          The chiefs ARE a scary offense, they have Patrick and Andy so yeah they're already scary as fuck...they didn't need Jacobs but he would've added another element of toughness to their running game for sure, yards after contact...

Comment

Working...
                          X