• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    BetterToday ThanYesterday
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post
    The Chiefs are collaborating with the Hallmark channel to create a new holiday movie in time for Christmas. As if we needed another reason to despise that team.
    Wait, what? Please tell me this is a joke Beserker?

….Although Andy Reid is fatter than Santa and could eat a lot of cookies. And Jason Kielce will need a Travis and Taylor intervention and rehab soon if he continues on his drinking binge. And Tyreek could make a return to KC to hit on (literally) the ladies. And if Lamar Hunt’s granddaughter is in it I will watch it.
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I'm a Ducks fan and I've watched two years of Bo Nix ........... and I think he's "ready now". I expect him to bring the Donkey's up and they'll be a tough out with him at QB.
      Agree. I thought Nix was one of the most ready of this year’s crop too, said so at draft.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltdiehard
        The Precious
        • May 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
        @ Mr. Topkitty

For our sake, I hope AP is supported there in Vegas.
        last thing we need is for them to wise-up and replace him with Mike Vrabel.
        If any team would try and ride this out it would be the Raiders. Finally some good offseason entertainment.

Comment

• Duck of Death
          Social Piranha
          • May 2022
          • Flyover, USA
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Agree. I thought Nix was one of the most ready of this year’s crop too, said so at draft.
          I didn’t understand all the negativity on Nix. He has excellent accuracy (despite some fixable footwork set issues), underrated arm strength, is mobile & a real bitch to sack. He also gets it out quickly and doesn’t often put the ball in harm’s way. I can see why Brock Purdy has been mentioned as an upside ceiling comp. To be sure, I can also see some of the Colt McCoy downside floor comp as well, but am starting to think that he could get closer to the former than the latter under Payton. Sure, his #s were inflated due to all the dink & dunk, but that ignores the fact that his #s were pretty damn near perfect. And he just so happens to land with the grand master of dink & dunk? GTFO. Yeah, I have a feeling he’s eventually gonna make for a pain in the ass division rival for years to come. At least the AFCW won’t be boring.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
            @ Mr. Topkitty

For our sake, I hope AP is supported there in Vegas.
            last thing we need is for them to wise-up and replace him with Mike Vrabel.
            On the bright side, if the Raiduhs do dump Pierce, TT will be in fine condition to do what he usually does best when it comes to hiring a HC--he waits until the good candidates are gone, then picks the runt of the litter...

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

The Chiefs are collaborating with the Hallmark channel to create a new holiday movie in time for Christmas. As if we needed another reason to despise that team.
              Let's see...will they call it "The Tight End who Saved Christmas?"

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Let's see...will they call it "The Tight End who Saved Christmas?"
                Maybe Love Story, the title to one of Swifts songs.
                Then when they break up she can write another song,.... about him and call it Jabroni

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Maybe Love Story, the title to one of Swifts songs.
                  Then when they break up she can write another song,.... about him and call it Jabroni
                  If it's "The Tight End who Saved Christmas," and if it follows the classic Hallmark formula for syrupy romances it would be something like this:

Taylor Swift plays a divorced gal with a son who is a huge Chefs football fan and quarterback on the high school football team. She showed singing talent and dreamed of a career in music, but is now working as a bartender in some honky-tonk in Vermont. The owner of the joint lets her sing a karaoke song while the house band takes a break between sets. Travis Kelce shows up, down on his luck, catches the last part of Taylor's song, then she serves him a drink. Kelce is wearing a red flannel plaid shirt (a requirement for all male leads in a Hallmark flick), with a red beanie with a Chefs logo. Taylor and Kelce instantly connect, as she comments her son is a big Chefs fan. Kelce comments that he played TE for some Sammie Small School, had tried out for for the Chefs but got cut in training camp. It turns out that the local school district, strapped for cash, is considering cutting high school football. The big announcement will be made on Christmas Eve at a school board meeting. Kelce and Taylor organize a campaign to save the program, taking donations from truckers and workers who stop by the bar. Kelce encourages Taylor to give a concert which is wildly successful, adding money to the pot to save the program. The end. And don't forget the schmaltzy violin music at the end--and I like that idea of Andy Reid playing Santa: "And what do YOU want for Christmas?" Taylor's son (holding back tears): I want us to...keep our football team..." Ah yes, I can just see it all now...

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

If it's "The Tight End who Saved Christmas," and if it follows the classic Hallmark formula for syrupy romances it would be something like this:

Taylor Swift plays a divorced gal with a son who is a huge Chefs football fan and quarterback on the high school football team. She showed singing talent and dreamed of a career in music, but is now working as a bartender in some honky-tonk in Vermont. The owner of the joint lets her sing a karaoke song while the house band takes a break between sets. Travis Kelce shows up, down on his luck, catches the last part of Taylor's song, then she serves him a drink. Kelce is wearing a red flannel plaid shirt (a requirement for all male leads in a Hallmark flick), with a red beanie with a Chefs logo. Taylor and Kelce instantly connect, as she comments her son is a big Chefs fan. Kelce comments that he played TE for some Sammie Small School, had tried out for for the Chefs but got cut in training camp. It turns out that the local school district, strapped for cash, is considering cutting high school football. The big announcement will be made on Christmas Eve at a school board meeting. Kelce and Taylor organize a campaign to save the program, taking donations from truckers and workers who stop by the bar. Kelce encourages Taylor to give a concert which is wildly successful, adding money to the pot to save the program. The end. And don't forget the schmaltzy violin music at the end--and I like that idea of Andy Reid playing Santa: "And what do YOU want for Christmas?" Taylor's son (holding back tears): I want us to...keep our football team..." Ah yes, I can just see it all now...
                    Yeah....that may be a hit in KC but.....Im not watching it. Ill watch Everybody Loves Raymond or Sienfeld reruns during it

Comment

• Berserker76
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2019
                      • Send PM

OMG, Topcat, don't give those fools any ideas. Just envisioning this movie makes me ill.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

OMG, Topcat, don't give those fools any ideas. Just envisioning this movie makes me ill.
                        LOL...but wait! There's MORE! I forgot to add the part about the obligatory temporary breakup between Kelce and Swift in that TV movie...Travis and Taylor get into a big argument over how he's not spending enough time with her with all that fund-raising...to the tune of Taylor's "Trouble, Trouble, Trouble!" But after the school board accepts the donation of money and reinstates the football program, Travis proposes to her, they kiss and make up...and as the final credits roll and everyone dances and celebrates, Swift sings a reboot of "All I Want for Christmas is You!!!" Ah yes, I can see it all now...

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

LOL...but wait! There's MORE! I forgot to add the part about the obligatory temporary breakup between Kelce and Swift in that TV movie...Travis and Taylor get into a big argument over how he's not spending enough time with her with all that fund-raising...to the tune of Taylor's "Trouble, Trouble, Trouble!" But after the school board accepts the donation of money and reinstates the football program, Travis proposes to her, they kiss and make up...and as the final credits roll and everyone dances and celebrates, Swift sings a reboot of "All I Want for Christmas is You!!!" Ah yes, I can see it all now...
                          that is fucking Shakespeare right thar. Ignore the haters, they didn't get Galileo at first ... probably still don't get Guns n Roses

Sam Elliott Hello GIF by GritTV
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X