• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
    A-Rod in a dark, lonely place, both literally and figuratively.
    he's coming down from a peyote-infused spiritual cleansing. respect the process.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
      Charger Fan since 1978
      • Sep 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
      A-Rod in a dark, lonely place, both literally and figuratively.
      I wonder if the honeymoon is over, now they deal with guy that GB was okay trading away...
      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Trevor Lawrence gets paid. $275m/5 years with $200m guaranteed

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
            Trevor Lawrence gets paid. $275m/5 years with $200m guaranteed

https://x.com/espn/status/1801388902...4BrrXe6U-h5bEA
            Trever hasn't been that good.

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Trever hasn't been that good.
              I really look at this as a 3 year contract so they're not over paying him for a long time. First three years about $165 million average pay. So if really unhappy with him after 3 years they can cut the cord. I still think he's a top 15 QB no matter what unless his skillset actually degrades over the next 4 years. Could easily be top 10 over the next 5 years so the risk is worth it.
              Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I really look at this as a 3 year contract so they're not over paying him for a long time. First three years about $165 million average pay. So if really unhappy with him after 3 years they can cut the cord. I still think he's a top 15 QB no matter what unless his skillset actually degrades over the next 4 years. Could easily be top 10 over the next 5 years so the risk is worth it.
                yes. its steep but thats what elite QBs cost. There are few QBs with his skillset, stuff that can't be taught. He hasn't played to an elite level at all times but his problems are of the teaching and growing variety. I would have bet the over if I were them just as they did

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Kansas City Chiefs' $40,000 Super Bowl rings appear to have typo

David K. Li
                  Fri, June 14, 2024 at 12:29 PM PDT·2 min read

The Kansas City Chiefs shelled out $40,000 for each Super Bowl ring they handed out to players on Thursday — but the team couldn't defend against a major typo that appeared to penetrate their championship bling.
                  The jewels were handed out Thursday night in an elegant ceremony on the south lawn of the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art in Kansas City, but — according to images of the ring on the official Chiefs website — it appeared that few, if anyone, caught the engraved error.

The hand with rings of Kansas City Chiefs running back Isiah Pacheco. (Charlie Riedel / AP)
                  The top, inside portion of the ring, which would push down on the wearer's knuckle, lists scores of playoff games won by the Chiefs and the conference seed of each vanquished opponent.

The first postseason win, on that top line, was listed as a 26-7 triumph over "MIA [7]," i.e. the Miami Dolphins who occupied the No. 7 AFC seed of the tournament, according to the official images of the ring.

But in reality, the Dolphins were the No. 6 seed of the American Football Conference.

Build Back Better.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                    Kansas City Chiefs' $40,000 Super Bowl rings appear to have typo

David K. Li
                    Fri, June 14, 2024 at 12:29 PM PDT·2 min read

The Kansas City Chiefs shelled out $40,000 for each Super Bowl ring they handed out to players on Thursday — but the team couldn't defend against a major typo that appeared to penetrate their championship bling.
                    The jewels were handed out Thursday night in an elegant ceremony on the south lawn of the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art in Kansas City, but — according to images of the ring on the official Chiefs website — it appeared that few, if anyone, caught the engraved error.

The hand with rings of Kansas City Chiefs running back Isiah Pacheco. (Charlie Riedel / AP)
                    The top, inside portion of the ring, which would push down on the wearer's knuckle, lists scores of playoff games won by the Chiefs and the conference seed of each vanquished opponent.

The first postseason win, on that top line, was listed as a 26-7 triumph over "MIA [7]," i.e. the Miami Dolphins who occupied the No. 7 AFC seed of the tournament, according to the official images of the ring.

But in reality, the Dolphins were the No. 6 seed of the American Football Conference.
                    Oh well, not THAT bad of a typo...now, it would get my attention a bit more if it was "KANSAS CITY CHEFS"...now, HERE'S a REAL bad, and expensive typo:

image.png
                    Last edited by Topcat; 06-14-2024, 07:28 PM.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Oh well, not THAT bad of a typo...now, it would get my attention a bit more if it was "KANSAS CITY CHEFS"...
                      I mean, wgaf what MIA’s seed was?

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I mean, wgaf what MIA’s seed was?
                        It’s called attention to details.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Berserker76
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

It’s called attention to details.
                          Especially for a friggin ring that costs 40k each. Sadly, it's just a sign of our times. And hey, don't want any mistakes on our rings next year, NONE!

Comment

Working...
                          X