Clear All
  • chargeroo
    Fan since 1961
    • Jan 2019
    • Oregon
    • Retired Manager/Pastor
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I figure that you're about my parents age.
    Try us. Elvis, Big Bopper, Niel Diamond, Simon & Garfunkel, Gordon Lightfoot, Mamas & Papas, Johnny Cash...?
    All of those except Big Bopper. try Bing Crosby, Doris Day ,Frank Sinatra, Sammy Davis Jr. (a great entertainer), Eddie Fisher, Dean Martin, Steve and Edie,John Denver, Bill Cosby, Merle Haggard, The Carpenters (they simply sang, could have stayed home and listened to the discs), We saw Wayne Newton when he was an 18 year old kid. He was electric. Ernest Tubbs, Bill Anderson, Roy Clark (also a great entertainer). Andy Williams, The Kingston Trio) HerbAlpert and the TJB (Loved them .Bands we danced to - Bennie Goodman, the Dorsey Bros. band, Guy Lombardo. Many others but I cant remember all of them.
    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ThatSinkingFeeling View Post

They also used Jello write the lyrics for "Biotech is Godzilla" from the Chaos AD album. I love old Sepultura, in particular Beneath the Remains and Arise. For me, Arise of one of the greatest albums of all time and I had the pleasure of watching Cavalera Conspiracy play songs from those two albums at a concert a few years ago. It was a blast! I do like some of the stuff Max did with Soulfly too, especially the Prophecy and Conquer, which aren't too Nu-metal and sound more like Sepultura. 80s thrash is really what I love and still listen too.
      Right on. Love it.
      I completely forgot Biotech.
      I never saw Sepultura with Max unfortunately.
      Sepultura is now retiring so gotta catch that farewell tour.
      Soulfly at brick by brick with Cattle Decapitation.
      I saw Obituary in 22 in SD.
      Good stuff.
      2024: Far From Over

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

All of those except Big Bopper. try Bing Crosby, Doris Day ,Frank Sinatra, Sammy Davis Jr. (a great entertainer), Eddie Fisher, Dean Martin, Steve and Edie,John Denver, Bill Cosby, Merle Haggard, The Carpenters (they simply sang, could have stayed home and listened to the discs), We saw Wayne Newton when he was an 18 year old kid. He was electric. Ernest Tubbs, Bill Anderson, Roy Clark (also a great entertainer). Andy Williams, The Kingston Trio) HerbAlpert and the TJB (Loved them .Bands we danced to - Bennie Goodman, the Dorsey Bros. band, Guy Lombardo. Many others but I cant remember all of them.
        Roy Clark was a kick-ass guitarist ... if only he'd learned to play rock n roll, sigh ...
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Dallas/NFL HOF legend Larry Allen died suddenly at 52

Cowboys Hall of Fame offensive lineman Larry Allen died suddenly Sunday while on vacation with his family in Mexico, the team announced Monday.
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Great list Roo!!!!!

My parents were on board with almost all of those. Especially Frank.

I had that Bill Cosby record "To Russell My Brother Whom I slept With" or something like that. He had an amazing bit about their father and he and his brother at bedtime. Loved that.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Heard of most of those. Used to watch Roy in Hee Haw lol.
              I have a John Denver album and I have a Bill Cosby album. It's called "I started out as a Child". Don't recall how or why I got that and I have a Flip Wilson album.
              I used to listen to them all the time so maybe I asked for them but don't recall.

My older sister had Carpenters albums so I know a lot of their songs and Merle I know some of his.

Last edited by Boltjolt; 06-03-2024, 04:21 PM.

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Dang! Not only are you our football historian... but also a music historian. Nice list. Bing Crosby, Frank Sinatra, and Sammy Davis Jr. are American icons. My dad had a lot of John Denver, Bill Cosby, Kingston Trio, and Carpenters albums... so I know them well. Thanks for sharing!
                OLineCentric

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Roy Clark was a kick-ass guitarist ... if only he'd learned to play rock n roll, sigh ...
                  Yesterday when I was young. One of my favorite all time songs.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

RIP Larry Allen.
                    Sonoma State Cossacks.
                    Dallas Cowboys.
                    Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

I am so proud to wear in the gym, a powder blue shirt I bought from Duke Manyweather, which has the image of Larry Allen on it.

Do you see it ?
                      It is this exact image of Larry blocking.

ala "The Logo" Jerry West.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

I am so proud to wear in the gym, a powder blue shirt I bought from Duke Manyweather, which has the image of Larry Allen on it.

Do you see it ?
                        It is this exact image of Larry blocking.

ala "The Logo" Jerry West.
                        And how, may I ask, did u, Wu, happen to meet Duke?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

And how, may I ask, did u, Wu, happen to meet Duke?
                          His online store.
                          As a customer.
                          I've had a little back and forth with Duke on X.
                          Nothing too sizzling.

Comment

Working...
                          X