Clear All
  • chargeroo
    Fan since 1961
    • Jan 2019
    • Oregon
    • Retired Manager/Pastor
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Luckily, I did get to see The Stones in '82 or '83.
    What were the best concerts you ever attended?
    In my younger days, I saw just about all the greats but if I named them, most of you wouldn't know who they are. It's okay though because I'm not familiar with the people/groups you guys are naming.
    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

In my younger days, I saw just about all the greats but if I named them, most of you wouldn't know who they are. It's okay though because I'm not familiar with the people/groups you guys are naming.
      Well Roo, i know who Elvis is, the Temptations and the Zombies, Paul Revere & the Turds and The Everly Brothers.

Or we going back further?

Comment

• boldarblood
        Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
        2001 Pantera, Slayer and Morbid Angel at Cox arena at SDSU
        Mid-late July, that was a fantastic show!

Comment

• boldarblood
          Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

used to work for Wherehouse Music Video in Early 90s. We had a Ticket Master machine that I was in charge of, as well as manger of the video department.

I used to print my tickets first (4 of us at Wherehouse were in on this).

I've sat first five rows for 100+ concerts. 18-19 years old, $175 rent. My money went to so many concerts. Was a hell of a fun time in my life. Snuck in 420 and flasks of Patrón .

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Saying I'm not a big fan of theirs does NOT mean I don't like them.

They have many good tunes, "Over the Hills and Far Away" is one of the first songs i learned to play......they just aren't one of my favorites is all , but I like that song as well lol.
            I do have a handful of their albums as well. It's all a matter of taste of music and imo, they aren't the Rolling Stones
            I gotta admit, Stones have never been my cup of tea.
            Artist/bands that are considered "legendary status" that I have never liked very much include:
            Rolling Stones
            David Bowie
            Pink Floyd
            U2
            Bruce Springsteen
            Ramones
            Anthrax
            Anything w Jello Biafra
            2024: Far From Over

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Roo, I got you brother...

download (2).jpg

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

Originally posted by boldarblood View Post
                used to work for Wherehouse Music Video in Early 90s. We had a Ticket Master machine that I was in charge of, as well as manger of the video department.

I used to print my tickets first (4 of us at Wherehouse were in on this).

I've sat first five rows for 100+ concerts. 18-19 years old, $175 rent. My money went to so many concerts. Was a hell of a fun time in my life. Snuck in 420 and flasks of Patrón .
                Wow. That's genius.
                well done.

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

I figure that you're about my parents age.
                  Try us. Elvis, Big Bopper, Niel Diamond, Simon & Garfunkel, Gordon Lightfoot, Mamas & Papas, Johnny Cash...?
                  OLineCentric

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

https://apnews.com/article/kansas-ci...775a07225ec891

Another KC Chief "taking responsibility"

Might as well copy and paste these headlines in KC, just type in new names.
                    I posted a list in one of the threads of Chef head cases and bad boys over the years...and it was a LONG one...so now, we add another...wow, just...wow...

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

I gotta admit, Stones have never been my cup of tea.
                      Artist/bands that are considered "legendary status" that I have never liked very much include:
                      Rolling Stones
                      David Bowie
                      Pink Floyd
                      U2
                      Bruce Springsteen
                      Ramones
                      Anthrax
                      Anything w Jello Biafra
                      And there again......some I like but not my favs. Bruce is the Boss but he is not a top fav but he puts on some good, long concerts.
                      I really like Pink Floyd alot.

I honestly can't name an Anthrax song and not sure what Jello Biafra is. Is that a band or a dude? Lol
                      And ...I am NOT a Deadhead. Huge following but their music was more folk and not my type but they have a couple good ones I like.

Some of my Favorites are as mentioned before ,.The Stones, old Lynyrd Skynyrd. Without RVZ they were never the same. The magic died in that plane crash even though most survived.

Some other favs
                      Van Halen, John Mellencamp, Bryan Adams, AC/DC, Foo Fighters, Aerosmith, Bob Seger, Eagles.
                      Cheap Trick was very good for a time.

When they had the Sky Shows at the Murph, those were the best til they turned them into Beach Boy concerts after Padres games.

Before that it was an all day event of multiple bands. Saw Def Leppard when their drummer had 2 arms lol, Blue Oyster cult, Cheap Trick, Mellencamp was a new comer then, Eddie Money, wanna say Molly Hatchet. Saw Clapton but don't recall if it was there or his own concert, George Thorogood.

I'm sure I'm missing a few.

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                        And there again......some I like but not my favs. Bruce is the Boss but he is not a top fav but he puts on some good, long concerts.
                        I really like Pink Floyd alot.

I honestly can't name an Anthrax song and not sure what Jello Biafra is. Is that a band or a dude? Lol
                        And ...I am NOT a Deadhead. Huge following but their music was more folk and not my type but they have a couple good ones I like.

Some of my Favorites are as mentioned before ,.The Stones, old Lynyrd Skynyrd. Without RVZ they were never the same. The magic died in that plane crash even though most survived.

Some other favs
                        Van Halen, John Mellencamp, Bryan Adams, AC/DC, Foo Fighters, Aerosmith, Bob Seger, Eagles.
                        Cheap Trick was very good for a time.

When they had the Sky Shows at the Murph, those were the best til they turned them into Beach Boy concerts after Padres games.

Before that it was an all day event of multiple bands. Saw Def Leppard when their drummer had 2 arms lol, Blue Oyster cult, Cheap Trick, Mellencamp was a new comer then, Eddie Money, wanna say Molly Hatchet. Saw Clapton but don't recall if it was there or his own concert, George Thorogood.

I'm sure I'm missing a few.
                        Yep, I went to that one. Motley Crue opened.
                        My first concert was a Sky Show... Heart was the headliner. I think Loverboy and Eddie Money opened.

OLineCentric

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Little Richard and Chuck Berry. Game changers in music. Love it. Love them both.

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X