• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Katdnzr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

I am from a small town in Minnesota. Started banging on boxes in my basement before my Granpa bought me a drum kit. Made lots of noise but Mom and Dad put up with it (thank you both). Eventually put together a high school band "The Only Solution" (attached) and played in all sorts of high school dances in the surrounding area. Our lead singer eventually went to LA and became one of the "I'm a pepper you're a pepper" commercials. 20 years later, I found myself in San Diego and decided to buy an electronic drum set so as to not upset the neighbors. Still pound away in my home and when my son comes to visit. I have a guitar for him to play and we jam to whatever music we both can enjoy. Occasionally I turn on the amp just to let the neighbors know I am alive and still rocking.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

What? I'm a music lover just like u Wu!!!
      Cat is where it's at !!
      Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Cat is where it's at !!
        Now THAT's what I'm talkin' about!

Wu bleeds powdah blue - his takes are the real go-to
        Dmac is the Mayor - on the attack - as he leads the Bolt comeback
        Fleet is the Founder - and Mr. Upbeat - the Powdah Blues can't be beat
        And I'm the one who will crow with glee - when we finally win that SB!

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

That's all good in my book. Interestingly for me, I was never a big Led Zep fan and they were in their heyday when I was in HS. I mean I liked them, just not one of my favorites if you know what I mean.

The only music I absolutely can't listen to is Rap. It's borderline music imo. And I'm talking gangster Rap.

Hec there were some tile guys on a job I was on who had their Mexican music on in an area we were in that I didn't even know what they were saying,..... I'd rather listen to than Rap .
          The music part of it I enjoyed more lol. Listened to that for a week.
          John Bonham was one of my drum heroes (Zeppelin).
          I'm not partial to rap, either. I think it has more to do with the drum tracks.
          OLineCentric

Comment

• ChargingBolts
            Superbowl?
            • Sep 2018
            • Los Angeles/Chicago
            • Send PM

Moderators: can we move the past few pages over to "what are you listening to" page?

I'm looking for June 1st cuts updates and all I see for pages is personal music preferences that has nothing to do with NFL teams news.

Thanks

No offense

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

I’m curious, for the drummers, are the drum beats written down somewhere so you can play it like the original song, or do you just make it up on your own for every song you play?
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                I’m curious, for the drummers, are the drum beats written down somewhere so you can play it like the original song, or do you just make it up on your own for every song you play?

This link will take you to drum sheet music for Hotel California.

The following link will take you to "The Black Page"
                Written by Frank Zappa. Played by Terry Bozzio

OLineCentric

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Drummers today are lucky... they can get instruction via Youtube. I took lessons from age 9-13. Once I got a lot of the fundamentals down, I'd put some headphones on, plug into the stereo, and play along. I would try to imitate what I thought the drummer was doing.

ZZ Top's "La Grange" was one I was doing differently but never knew it until I saw a Youtube video.
                  Great Gift Ideas for Drummers https://imp.i114863.net/Gjzq5rFrank Beard's grooves have thrilled millions of people all across the globe. One of their early h...

OLineCentric

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post
                    Moderators: can we move the past few pages over to "what are you listening to" page?

I'm looking for June 1st cuts updates and all I see for pages is personal music preferences that has nothing to do with NFL teams news.

Thanks

No offense
                    Sorry... we're just bored.
                    Slow part of the year.
                    OLineCentric

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

That's all good in my book. Interestingly for me, I was never a big Led Zep fan and they were in their heyday when I was in HS. I mean I liked them, just not one of my favorites if you know what I mean.

The only music I absolutely can't listen to is Rap. It's borderline music imo. And I'm talking gangster Rap.

Hec there were some tile guys on a job I was on who had their Mexican music on in an area we were in that I didn't even know what they were saying,..... I'd rather listen to than Rap .
                      The music part of it I enjoyed more lol. Listened to that for a week.
                      I met a couple people in my life that were not big fans of the GREATEST ROCK BAND IN THE HISTORY OF THE PLANET! Two, to be precise. I think they opened a disco.

huge zep appreciation here, I don’t care how many riffs and progressions they lifted, they made each one much better. I saw their last San Diego show in ‘77. I’ve been to hundreds of concerts (one of the perks of being a broke nobody musician is you became friends with every broke nobody security and sound guy that works at these events and they always got us in free), that was the most big time rock-god rockstar rock show I ever saw in my life, still. For crying out loud, Jimmy did one of his solos with a violin bow! (Lol - dude did like his visual tricks)

Nutty - I did a short “all star” (cough lol - doesn’t take much to be designated an all star these days) set last year as part of a charity / remembrance down at Winston's and one of the songs we played was Kashmir - I played the part of JPJ, hows that for classic? “Oh let the sun beat down upon my face …”
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Katdnzr View Post
                        I am from a small town in Minnesota. Started banging on boxes in my basement before my Granpa bought me a drum kit. Made lots of noise but Mom and Dad put up with it (thank you both). Eventually put together a high school band "The Only Solution" (attached) and played in all sorts of high school dances in the surrounding area. Our lead singer eventually went to LA and became one of the "I'm a pepper you're a pepper" commercials. 20 years later, I found myself in San Diego and decided to buy an electronic drum set so as to not upset the neighbors. Still pound away in my home and when my son comes to visit. I have a guitar for him to play and we jam to whatever music we both can enjoy. Occasionally I turn on the amp just to let the neighbors know I am alive and still rocking.
                        Fuck yeah you’re still alive!!! Rock on!

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Sorry... we're just bored.
                          Slow part of the year.
                          Sorry we’re not sorry. But we are bored.

I was more bored with my 20+ back and forth with Velo on what is the definition of a drop, personally. Your music posts energized me. Thank you, bro.

Comment

Working...
                          X