• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

He's a defense attorney. I don't see the conflict. He doesn't work for the prosecuting jurisdiction. He's an elected lawmaker.
    But...he could vote in favor of laws which benefit his client...we all know how these politicians work: "Okay, I'll vote in favor of your pork barrel project which I don't like, IF we can slip in this little rider into the bill that grants parole but no jail/prison time for first time offenders who drive over 100 mph, get into an accident causing serious bodily injury, and leave the scene of the accident."

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Honestly idk. I'm sure others would be much more knowledgeable in this area.
      just a redflag for me.
      Darius "4.36" Davis
      top play speed: 23.47 MPH

SDP Magic Number 3

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

But...he could vote in favor of laws which benefit his client...we all know how these politicians work: "Okay, I'll vote in favor of your pork barrel project which I don't like, IF we can slip in this little rider into the bill that grants parole but no jail/prison time for first time offenders who drive over 100 mph, get into an accident causing serious bodily injury, and leave the scene of the accident."
        What you describe is called quid pro quo, and it is illegal in California. Legislators come from all walks of life. Being an attorney doesn't give them any special advantage or create any conflict of interest, any more than a shoe salesman who gets elected to the Legislature. Besides, Rice committed the crime already. If they did want to lessen the punishment for the crimes Rice committed, it would apply to subsequent offenders, not Rice, he is subject the punishment that is in the law at the time he committed the crimes.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
          Honestly idk. I'm sure others would be much more knowledgeable in this area.
          just a redflag for me.
          Trust me. I have a lot of knowledge in this area. (It used to be my career.)

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

What you describe is called quid pro quo, and it is illegal in California. Legislators come from all walks of life. Being an attorney doesn't give them any special advantage or create any conflict of interest, any more than a shoe salesman who gets elected to the Legislature. Besides, Rice committed the crime already. If they did want to lessen the punishment for the crimes Rice committed, it would apply to subsequent offenders, not Rice, he is subject the punishment that is in the law at the time he committed the crimes.
            Trust me. I have a lot of knowledge in this area. (It used to be my career.)
            Okay, thanks for the info...so I'm guessing quid pro quo is a no-no in Texas also...

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Send PM

In your opinion, which team is going to finish first and last in each of the 8 divisions? My guesses are:

Chargers-Broncos
              Bengals-Steelers
              Bills-Patriots
              Texans-Titans

Rams-Seahawks
              Lions-Vikings
              Cowboys-Giants
              Falcons-Panthers

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                Superbowl?
                • Sep 2018
                • Los Angeles/Chicago
                • Send PM

In your opinion, which team is going to finish first and last in each of the 8 divisions? My guesses are:

Chargers-Broncos
                Bengals-Steelers
                Bills-Patriots
                Texans-Titans

Rams-Seahawks
                Lions-Vikings
                Cowboys-Giants
                Falcons-Panthers
                AFCW I can see this as Harbaugh will be focused on winning close games and Chiefs distracted and getting opposing teams best every week playing a first place schedule & Bolts playing a last place schedule. Broncos seem to have the worst team.

AFCN You can make a case for all 4 winning the division and all 4 finishing in last.

AFCE Seems correct

AFCS Probably

NFCW 49ers more so with retirement of AD Cards or Hawks last

NFCN probably

NFCE Eagles could bounce back, Cowboys haven't seemed to improve DC could be last

NFCS Agree

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Send PM

The 2024 Offensive Rookie of The Year from this draft class will be a QB, but it won't be Caleb Williams - true or false. I say true.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

The 2024 Offensive Rookie of The Year from this draft class will be a QB, but it won't be Caleb Williams - true or false. I say true.
                    IDK but ill say false to a QB.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post

AFCW I can see this as Harbaugh will be focused on winning close games and Chiefs distracted and getting opposing teams best every week playing a first place schedule & Bolts playing a last place schedule. Broncos seem to have the worst team.

AFCN You can make a case for all 4 winning the division and all 4 finishing in last.

AFCE Seems correct

AFCS Probably

NFCW 49ers more so with retirement of AD Cards or Hawks last

NFCN probably

NFCE Eagles could bounce back, Cowboys haven't seemed to improve DC could be last

NFCS Agree

With Buffalo trading Diggs, I can see them being overtaken by the Dolphins or Jets. I believe Rodgers still has gas left in the tank although he is getting older.

Steelers have not finished in last place in a very long time. Can Deshaun Watson stay on the field? The Browns need more from their QB play. Either Cleveland or Pittsburgh will be last place.

NFC East has not had a repeat winner in 20 years. Cowboys and Eagles compete for the 1st and 2nd.

Atlanta should be better with Kirk Cousins, but their defense has been bad.

KC's reign on the AFC West has to come to an end at some point. Chargers are the most likely to pull it off. With Harbaugh now as coach, we can get teams by surprise in his first year back in the NFL.
                      Last edited by ChargersPowderBlue; 04-15-2024, 01:46 PM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Who gets fired first?

Thoughts on reported quarterback plan differences between Tom Telesco and Antonio Pierce

General manager and coach are reportedly not on same page when it comes to draft plan at quarterback

By Bill Williamson@BWilliamsonNFL Updated Apr 15, 2024, 11:49am PDT
                        36 Comments / 36 New Share this story Tom Telesco, Antonio Pierce Photo by Ethan Miller/Getty Images
                        While all eyes are on what the Las Vegas Raiders are going to do at quarterback in the NFL draft, which starts in 10 days, there was a recent report saying that new general manager Tom Telesco and head coach Antonio Pierce aren’t on the same page about the approach at the position.

Tony Pauline of SportsKeeda reported this recently:
                        “There’s also been talk about the Las Vegas Raiders wanting to move up for a quarterback. The latest completely from Raiders’ draft meetings is that head coach Antonio Pierce wants to trade up for a signal caller, yet general manager Tom Telesco is leaning heavily toward sticking with second-year quarterback Aidan O’Connell and free-agent signing Gardner Minshew.”
                        RELATED Silver Minings: Telesco and Pierce have different views on the QB plan

In February, Pauline had some reports on the Raiders’ quarterback plan.

He reported that the presence of new offensive coordinator Luke Getsy in Las Vegas would help the Raiders try to trade for Justin Fields from Chicago. Getsy was fired as the Bears’ offensive coordinator after the season and he worked with Fields the past two seasons. There was a report that the Raiders might have interest in Fields moments before they signed Minshew. He ended up being shipped to the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Pauline also reported in February that O’Connell seemed to be the choice of Pierce, but Telesco wanted a “big name” at quarterback. Minshew is capable, but he’s not exactly a household name. RELATED

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          JH3 and Me
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                          Who gets fired first?

Thoughts on reported quarterback plan differences between Tom Telesco and Antonio Pierce

General manager and coach are reportedly not on same page when it comes to draft plan at quarterback

By Bill Williamson@BWilliamsonNFL Updated Apr 15, 2024, 11:49am PDT
                          36 Comments / 36 New Share this story Tom Telesco, Antonio Pierce Photo by Ethan Miller/Getty Images
                          While all eyes are on what the Las Vegas Raiders are going to do at quarterback in the NFL draft, which starts in 10 days, there was a recent report saying that new general manager Tom Telesco and head coach Antonio Pierce aren’t on the same page about the approach at the position.

Tony Pauline of SportsKeeda reported this recently:
                          “There’s also been talk about the Las Vegas Raiders wanting to move up for a quarterback. The latest completely from Raiders’ draft meetings is that head coach Antonio Pierce wants to trade up for a signal caller, yet general manager Tom Telesco is leaning heavily toward sticking with second-year quarterback Aidan O’Connell and free-agent signing Gardner Minshew.”
                          RELATED Silver Minings: Telesco and Pierce have different views on the QB plan

In February, Pauline had some reports on the Raiders’ quarterback plan.

He reported that the presence of new offensive coordinator Luke Getsy in Las Vegas would help the Raiders try to trade for Justin Fields from Chicago. Getsy was fired as the Bears’ offensive coordinator after the season and he worked with Fields the past two seasons. There was a report that the Raiders might have interest in Fields moments before they signed Minshew. He ended up being shipped to the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Pauline also reported in February that O’Connell seemed to be the choice of Pierce, but Telesco wanted a “big name” at quarterback. Minshew is capable, but he’s not exactly a household name. RELATED
                          that clickbait sure didn't tell us much. Pierce maybe wanted Fields, but it didn't say that and of course now he's gone. Then maybe Pierce wants O'Connell. who he already has. But then it says Pierece wants to trade up to get QB in the draft as thats what coaches want to do - thats the opposite of wanting O'Connell.

and Telesco - well beats the shit outta me, it doesn't say one specific thing about who Telesco wants at all.
                          ------------
                          Pierce gets fired first, of course. Its TT's core competence ...
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X