• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

The multitude of lawyers on Chief's planet say no.

They have no proof that the marijuana was his ...... it could have been dropped there by a previous rental and the car was not cleaned up properly.
    Fleeing was a good thing, because now they have no physical evidence of impairment ...... yak, yak, yak.

Ray Rice got only 2 games for beating up his girlfriend, and no one was hurt in this incident ..... yak, yak, yak.

The NFL did nothing to Henry Ruggs and Jalen Carter .... yak, yak, yak.

Anything more than a 2 game suspension proves that the NFL is out to get the Chiefs .....
    Actually, in Texas, a hit and run resulting in serious bodily injury can land a person many years in prison...even if it's a hit and run with minor injuries, a person can still do some time...Rice is not out of the woods yet, and fleeing the scene of an accident is never a good idea...

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

The multitude of lawyers on Chief's planet say no.

They have no proof that the marijuana was his ...... it could have been dropped there by a previous rental and the car was not cleaned up properly.
      Fleeing was a good thing, because now they have no physical evidence of impairment ...... yak, yak, yak.

Ray Rice got only 2 games for beating up his girlfriend, and no one was hurt in this incident ..... yak, yak, yak.

The NFL did nothing to Henry Ruggs and Jalen Carter .... yak, yak, yak.

Anything more than a 2 game suspension proves that the NFL is out to get the Chiefs .....
      Right...before the footage came out a Chiefs fan told me, if they fled then theres no proof he was driving....lol. Great mentality. I did tell him there are cameras every where these days. Nobody is getting away with shit anymore. Then pics and footage of the crash come out and footage of them walking away come out....I guess fan bases are just too much of homers to accept reality and think what they did was ok
      And Ray Rice was out of the league for what he did. He got two games inicially, then the footage came out and he was out indefinitely and never returned.

Baltimore Ravens coach John Harbaugh said Monday it did not take long to decide to release Rice after seeing the video.

"It's something we saw for the first time today -- it changed things," Harbaugh said.

https://www.nfl.com/news/ray-rice-re...p3000000391538

Chiefs fans are idiots

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Right...before the footage came out a Chiefs fan told me, if they fled then theres no proof he was driving....lol. Great mentality. I did tell him there are cameras every where these days. Nobody is getting away with shit anymore. Then pics and footage of the crash come out and footage of them walking away come out....I guess fan bases are just too much of homers to accept reality and think what they did was ok
        And Ray Rice was out of the league for what he did. He got two games inicially, then the footage came out and he was out indefinitely and never returned.

Baltimore Ravens coach John Harbaugh said Monday it did not take long to decide to release Rice after seeing the video.

"It's something we saw for the first time today -- it changed things," Harbaugh said.

https://www.nfl.com/news/ray-rice-re...p3000000391538

Chiefs fans are idiots
        Remember the huge backlash about Ray Rice’s tiny suspension - NFL has been more severe ever since that PR turd was smeared all over their faces, and rightfully so.
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

The UFL's St. Louis franchise drew 40k people to its home opener. I think the other teams are struggling to get 10k to show up. There are no UFL teams west of San Antonio. That is half the continent where they have no team, including the most populous state in the nation.

Why don't they have a team in San Diego, a city, like St. Louis, that lost its NFL franchise? Oakland is another city that lost its NFL franchise, but frankly Sacramento (where I live) might be a better choice. Portland is another place where a UFL franchise might thrive.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
            Superbowl?
            • Sep 2018
            • Los Angeles/Chicago
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

Yeah. Let’s move on.

Who has it better than us?
            This. Chargering is officially dead and over with.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
              Superbowl?
              • Sep 2018
              • Los Angeles/Chicago
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
              The UFL's St. Louis franchise drew 40k people to its home opener. I think the other teams are struggling to get 10k to show up. There are no UFL teams west of San Antonio. That is half the continent where they have no team, including the most populous state in the nation.

Why don't they have a team in San Diego, a city, like St. Louis, that lost its NFL franchise? Oakland is another city that lost its NFL franchise, but frankly Sacramento (where I live) might be a better choice. Portland is another place where a UFL franchise might thrive.
              I'd say St Louis, San Antonio instead of Houston, Salt Lake City, San Diego, Portland, Oakland or San Jose or Sacramento, Memphis, Milwaukee or Grand Rapids or Orlando perhaps.

Comment

• Duck of Death
                Social Piranha
                • May 2022
                • Flyover, USA
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Actually, in Texas, a hit and run resulting in serious bodily injury can land a person many years in prison...even if it's a hit and run with minor injuries, a person can still do some time...Rice is not out of the woods yet, and fleeing the scene of an accident is never a good idea...
                In what sort of society can people cause a 6 car pile up while racing, run away from the crash with absolutely no regard for any harm they could’ve caused (b/c they were obviously drunk or high), and yet still not be arrested almost a week later??

Oh yeah, THIS fucked up society, Well, as long as he said sorry, I guess. SMH

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Duck of Death View Post

In what sort of society can people cause a 6 car pile up while racing, run away from the crash with absolutely no regard for any harm they could’ve caused (b/c they were obviously drunk or high), and yet still not be arrested almost a week later??

I'm a bit surprised some judge hasn't issued a bench warrant to arrest Mr. Rice by now...that kind of reckless driving PLUS fleeing the scene should be punishable by some serious time...look, I'm a chaplain at our local jail, and I've talked to MANY inmates who are doing multiple years of time for a LOT less than what Mr. Rice did...

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                    The Precious
                    • May 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Duck of Death View Post

Not surprising at all IMO and our social contract is breaking down fast. On purpose. Justice is nothing but a illusion at this point.

Comment

• colorado
                      Fan since '62
                      • Jun 2023
                      • Desert Rat
                      • Nothing but time on my hands
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I'm a bit surprised some judge hasn't issued a bench warrant to arrest Mr. Rice by now...that kind of reckless driving PLUS fleeing the scene should be punishable by some serious time...look, I'm a chaplain at our local jail, and I've talked to MANY inmates who are doing multiple years of time for a LOT less than what Mr. Rice did...
                      My opinion, it smells like someone's money has come into play, Hunts?
                      Last edited by Bolt-O; 04-10-2024, 06:21 AM. Reason: Edited to remove political figure. Just a small reminder to keep the discussion to how a punishment decision affects availability to a team, not on the why or why not.

Comment

• HK55
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2018
                        • Send PM

As others have pointed out, Rice might elude the criminal charges. Maybe the League will suspend him a few games, just for show. But he will be buried financially in civil suits.

Welcome to Alice in Wonderland.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by colorado View Post

My opinion, it smells like someone's money has come into play, Hunts? Is the DA in Dallas a George Soros cronie???
                          Yep...it's not always WHAT you know...it's WHO u know...
                          (Or, who your LAWYER knows...)

Comment

Working...
                          X