• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ghost of Quacksaw
    Beef Before Gazelles
    • May 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Raiders are capable at QB now. Not sure this outweighs the loss of Jacobs but it does give them some flexibility and time if they draft one of those young guys
    Oh, the signing of Minshew is a holdover move. He's not a Mahomes-Rodgers-JAllen-Herbert-Lawrence-type guy, and the Raiders know it.

It makes sense that Telesco wants to start his tenure as Raiders' GM with his OWN guy at QB, to build the New Era identity of the team, moving forward. Expect the Raiders to move up for 'their guy'.

Comment

• Heatmiser
      BetterToday ThanYesterday
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

With 49ers signing Floyd, the faint dreams of them trading a decent pick for our Bosa have been extinguished. Didn't see how they could have afforded Joey anyways.

TG
      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        JH3 and Me
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Raiders are capable at QB now. Not sure this outweighs the loss of Jacobs but it does give them some flexibility and time if they draft one of those young guys
        pffft. Minshew is mediocre, he always has been. 84 rating last year, QBR 59. There's a reason he's going on his 4th team in 6 years. Teams hold on to good QBs like life depends on it...

Arnold Schwarzenegger Loop GIF by xponentialdesign

“Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          JH3 and Me
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

That's not 'starter money', and suggests to me that the Raiders will probably draft a rookie to be groomed behind Minshew.
          its neither starter nor backup money - its a WTF ARE YOU DOING TOM? amount of confusion. Minshew is nothing to be concerned about, I'm glad to see them waste time and money cycling him thru. He can add Team #4 to his bedpost as he continues his career trip to visit every stadium in the league via the home team locker room.
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
            With 49ers signing Floyd, the faint dreams of them trading a decent pick for our Bosa have been extinguished. Didn't see how they could have afforded Joey anyways.

TG
            Agreed

The Lions just signed Marcus Davenport. So not sure if that stops the Lions from trading for Bosa or Mack. Granted, I think Bosa or Mack are better than Davenport whereas Floyd had a solid year last year with the Niners

Comment

• captaind
              Cook This Pork Chops
              • Jun 2013
              • Balcony
              • Senile Agitator
              • Send PM

Gardner Minshew. Worst name in the history of football.

But his dad’s name is Flint. Flint Minshew. That just screams Superhero. There’s still time for Stallone to use that one.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

its neither starter nor backup money - its a WTF ARE YOU DOING TOM? amount of confusion. Minshew is nothing to be concerned about, I'm glad to see them waste time and money cycling him thru. He can add Team #4 to his bedpost as he continues his career trip to visit every stadium in the league via the home team locker room.
                He will start there anyways. What backup QB is making 12 mil? It's not franchise money but that isn't what he is and he took the Colts to the playoffs.

They will get Penix or Rattler and be no better than they have with Minshew....or maybe they get Nix.

Tom's guys

Comment

• Heatmiser
                  BetterToday ThanYesterday
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Agreed

The Lions just signed Marcus Davenport. So not sure if that stops the Lions from trading for Bosa or Mack. Granted, I think Bosa or Mack are better than Davenport whereas Floyd had a solid year last year with the Niners
                  How about Texans, B4K? They have a lot of cap space and let Grenard walk. They could use Bosa and Ryans knows his brother well.

TG
                  Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• gzubeck
                    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Tucson, AZ
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

He will start there anyways. What backup QB is making 12 mil? It's not franchise money but that isn't what he is and he took the Colts to the playoffs.

They will get Penix or Rattler and be no better than they have with Minshew....or maybe they get Nix but doubt it.

Tom's guy
                    Minshew is a credible stopgap player who is an insurance policy while training new QB rookie.
                    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

How about Texans, B4K? They have a lot of cap space and let Grenard walk. They could use Bosa and Ryans knows his brother well.

TG
                      Oh good call. They did lose out on Grennard. So unless they get Hunter - -that could be a fit. They have lost some players today

The lions just traded a 3rd for Carlton Davis - DB -- so there goes that pick for Mack or Bosa. Granted, they are getting other picks back from Tampa - but still - -

plenty of options but I like your idea Heat

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                        Superbowl?
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Los Angeles/Chicago
                        • Send PM

Gardner Minshew to Raiders, 3rd best QB in AFC West.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                          Superbowl?
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Los Angeles/Chicago
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Colts didn't make the playoffs (last time was Rivers at QB 12-4)

Comment

Working...
                          X