• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fouts2herbert
    Charger Fan since 1978
    • Sep 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
    As for Denver, that dead cap hit for Wilson may cause them to decimate their team trying to get rid of any expensive contracts.
    you mean more decimated than they are already? Sean Payton has torn that team to shreds and you're saying he might not be done?
    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Juedy is Healthy, Younger (only 25), and cost a fraction in terms of $ and they can control his fate for 2 more years with a total cost to the browns of around 7.5mil per season...OR they could have spent that draft capital on a half season rental for 20 mil and hope that MW got into mid season form by the playoffs...so not much of a choice here...we've know for a while that MW was not going to have much of if any trade market value...was it ever even confirmed that the Browns wanted that trade? I thought it was just somebody on YouTube speculating about stuff...
      May be true but Juedy has underachieved and at times been banged up himself.

I figured we will release MW but thought maybe Watson may have wanted to reunite with him. Now seems MW will get released. I dont know if it was a YouTuber, i saw it on Twitter.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        JH3 and Me
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Jones is probably going back to KC

Arizona, Houston are teams I have read with interest in Wilkins

I can see Hortiz sitting this one out with the big time money and being a bit conservative looking got good players at very good value. Wilkins is a very good player but he is going to get paid!!
        Chiefs picked up his option for 2024 already. They will pay him the tag if they don’t work a deal but he’s off the market as far as I know. Unless someone seen anything different?

I can’t see anything about Hortiz until I’ve seen him actually do something. While I know the TPB convention is that he made all the decisions as basically the head of scouting (player dev? Whatever his title - he was not offering or signing contracts nor cutting players personally), the only decision I have ever seen him make was to cut Kendricks
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
          Wow we were soooo poorly coached its criminal.

https://youtu.be/9IjgyFHdVVs?si=Spc6El7dZFQJDhjW
          This video is hilarious.

The narrator contends that the Chargers only ran two basic coverage defenses all year,
          and every qb figured out which one it would be pre snap.

Hence, the DC/head coach didn't bother to watch any film title.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
            Beef Before Gazelles
            • May 2021
            • Send PM

Broncos preparing to trade Jerry Jeudy to the Browns for paltry draft capital.

Broncos in process of trading WR Jerry Jeudy to Browns for 2024 fifth-, sixth-round picks (nfl.com)

Anybody know what was behind Jeudy's failure to put things together with the Broncos? (Not that I'm objecting...)

He's clearly a very talented guy-- 15th overall pick of the 2020 draft, two picks before Ceedee Lamb, and seven picks before Justin Jefferson.

Always good to see a top pick not work out so well for a division opponent.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
              As for Denver, that dead cap hit for Wilson may cause them to decimate their team trying to get rid of any expensive contracts.
              I think its more than that. As Wilsons true cap numbers are the same in 2024 and 2025 as if he were on the roster or not. But by releasing him, they save a bunch of cash next year in 2025 as his salary would have guaranteed plus don't push any more dead cap down the road. The Broncos are just taking the pain in 2024 and 2025.

I just think Payton is ripping up whatever Paton did as GM and building his own team

Allbright thinks there are more moves to be made.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Juedy is Healthy, Younger (only 25), and cost a fraction in terms of $ and they can control his fate for 2 more years with a total cost to the browns of around 7.5mil per season...OR they could have spent that draft capital on a half season rental for 20 mil and hope that MW got into mid season form by the playoffs...so not much of a choice here...we've know for a while that MW was not going to have much of if any trade market value...was it ever even confirmed that the Browns wanted that trade? I thought it was just somebody on YouTube speculating about stuff...
                Jeudy is in the 5th year of his contract at $12.9m - so not sure where you are getting $7.5m from. Now the Browns can renegotiate a new contract to lower his cap number. Granted, MW is scheduled to make $20m so we all know he isn't getting that

But if the pricetag is the same - a couple day 3 picks - for sure Jeudy makes more sense than Williams coming off an ACL

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

Jeudy is in the 5th year of his contract at $12.9m - so not sure where you are getting $7.5m from. Now the Browns can renegotiate a new contract to lower his cap number. Granted, MW is scheduled to make $20m so we all know he isn't getting that

But if the pricetag is the same - a couple day 3 picks - for sure Jeudy makes more sense than Williams coming off an ACL
                  I was mistaken, yes, he's on his 5th year option year...I guess Cleveland is banking on him having a bounce back year which could bring them a 3rd round comp in 2026? that or he flourishes there to the point that they extend him...
                  "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

I was mistaken, yes, he's on his 5th year option year...I guess Cleveland is banking on him having a bounce back year which could bring them a 3rd round comp in 2026? that or he flourishes there to the point that they extend him...
                    Good point. IF he has a good year and flourishes - they can get a comp pick like you said. If he has an okay year - well they can probably sign him next spring for something reasonable. Broncos are blowing that team up it seems

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                      Charger Fan since 1978
                      • Sep 2021
                      • Send PM

Good point. IF he has a good year and flourishes - they can get a comp pick like you said. If he has an okay year - well they can probably sign him next spring for something reasonable. Broncos are blowing that team up it seems
                      Sean Payton equals major POS, I'm so relieved we didn't bring that asshole in last year, Denver getting everything they deserve for having a no rookie QB attitude, they want theirs proven and now look where they are, Payton is going to bring in Kirk fucking Cousins, LOL! The ego that motherfucker has, he thinks he can win the west with Cousins and after gutting the one thing that team had which was a really decent defense...there have been rumors that he's interested in moving Surtain, holy shit, almost feel bad for donkey fans...

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Even Bronco homer Mark Schlereth agrees with me,. . said Juedy isn't very good

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Sean Payton equals major POS, I'm so relieved we didn't bring that asshole in last year, Denver getting everything they deserve for having a no rookie QB attitude, they want theirs proven and now look where they are, Payton is going to bring in Kirk fucking Cousins, LOL! The ego that motherfucker has, he thinks he can win the west with Cousins and after gutting the one thing that team had which was a really decent defense...there have been rumors that he's interested in moving Surtain, holy shit, almost feel bad for donkey fans...
                          100% agree. I am so glad the Chargers didn't that arrogant sonuvapup

Payton took the job knowing Wilson was QB and he tried to make RW into a QB that he wants and not the skillset of the player. I think that is bad coaching. I think until you get your QB that you want - develop a game plan that gives your team the best chance to win and not some ego play. I have no idea who the Broncos will get at QB - but if that is how he is going to coach the team, they are in trouble. Thats a loser coach

Comment

Working...
                          X