Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts0503 View Post
    I can give you at least 14 million reasons why Denver's success won't even be on Spanos' radar. Sean Payton-$18 million a year, Staley $4 million a year. Spanos theme song-"First, I look at the purse."
    I don't know...don't forget that Payton's salary was not the only cost. Denver had to give a 1st, 2nd and 3rd to the Saints for the rights to Payton. $18 mil per year is chump change for an NFL owner. But giving up that many draft picks is a ransom, and that may be the real reason the Spanoses passed on him.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I don't know...don't forget that Payton's salary was not the only cost. Denver had to give a 1st, 2nd and 3rd to the Saints for the rights to Payton. $18 mil per year is chump change for an NFL owner. But giving up that many draft picks is a ransom, and that may be the real reason the Spanoses passed on him.
      Dean is cheap so 18 mil for a HC is also a ransom. However good thing we didn't trade those picks.
      We wouldn't have QJ if we did

Comment

• sdchrgrboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2021
        • San Diego
        • Send PM

I read the team is going to get about $175 million next near from revenue sharing. Plenty of money for cheap Spanos to pony up for a real coach and pay Staley his $4 mil to stay home

Comment

• Boltgang74
          We Are The Storm!
          • Aug 2018
          • Send PM

Originally posted by sdchrgrboy View Post

I read the team is going to get about $175 million next near from revenue sharing. Plenty of money for cheap Spanos to pony up for a real coach and pay Staley his $4 mil to stay home
          If they go cheap Again this next season then it is proof positive these owners do not give a crap about winning,just their bottom line.Like I've said before I and many fans are Finally at the point of feelin if they don't care why should we anymore.Its put up or shut up time for this loser organization.Us fans see thru your shitty coaching hires.Pay for a real coach or eat shit.
          Last edited by Boltgang74; 11-30-2023, 05:27 PM.

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

Originally posted by sdchrgrboy View Post

I posted a video a couple of days ago of a former scout who said that what the Chargers would have to pay to get Harbaugh or Belichick is chump change in today's NFL, but old school owners, like Dean Spanos, especially those who inherited franchises and didn't make their own money, again like Dean, just can't wrap their heads around the big contracts these big name coaches are getting. Even though they can easily afford to pay it.

Comment

• JOJAX85
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2018
              • Irmo, SC
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post

Watch him go back to Philly with Goedert on IR.
              Yeah, damn. That's what I'd do if I was him.

Comment

• DennisR91
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2021
                • Send PM

these guys have some good players

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

If they go cheap Again this next season then it is proof positive these owners do not give a crap about winning,just their bottom line.Like I've said before I and many fans are Finally at the point of feelin if they don't care why should we anymore.Its put up or shut up time for this loser organization.Us fans see thru your shitty coaching hires.Pay for a real coach or eat shit.
                  Bottom line bolded.

If ever there was a time to go "all in" it's in the prime years of you're newly signed franchise quarterback.
                  Especially after witnessing (hopefully learning) a franchise quarterback in Rivers work with subpar, to downright bad head coaches.
                  This is basically a repeat post from early 2021 right before we hired a very green Brandon Staley--have we learned anything since?

I have a strong feeling they have... I fully expect stars to align and see Jim Harbaugh leading the 2024 LA Chargers!
                  Darius "4.36" Davis
                  top play speed: 23.47 MPH

SDP2024: (Triple Play)

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                    Beef Before Gazelles
                    • May 2021
                    • Send PM

Is it just me, or do Derek Carr and Joe Flacco significantly resemble each other in their play?!?

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

I posted a video a couple of days ago of a former scout who said that what the Chargers would have to pay to get Harbaugh or Belichick is chump change in today's NFL, but old school owners, like Dean Spanos, especially those who inherited franchises and didn't make their own money, again like Dean, just can't wrap their heads around the big contracts these big name coaches are getting. Even though they can easily afford to pay it.
                      I wonder if it's the money or if it's the egos...? Could be that the Spanni believe that they are smarter than everybody else. Could be that they are looking to find the "new best thing" when hiring a HC. The other thing that may be in play... they won't have anyone that would question/scrutinize the owner and his son. BB and Harbaugh wouldn't hesitate to criticize DS and JS.

For me... I don't mind if they go inexperienced/unheralded HC. As long as they find the right one. I'm convinced that Frank Smith would make a good HC... and would help the overall team. I know most believe it's the defense that needs the most work. But I see the defense improving with a good DC and an upgrade @CB.
                      OLineCentric

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I wonder if it's the money or if it's the egos...? Could be that the Spanni believe that they are smarter than everybody else. Could be that they are looking to find the "new best thing" when hiring a HC. The other thing that may be in play... they won't have anyone that would question/scrutinize the owner and his son. BB and Harbaugh wouldn't hesitate to criticize DS and JS.

For me... I don't mind if they go inexperienced/unheralded HC. As long as they find the right one. I'm convinced that Frank Smith would make a good HC... and would help the overall team. I know most believe it's the defense that needs the most work. But I see the defense improving with a good DC and an upgrade @CB.
                        How smart do they look today? They have been a laughing stock for how long? I think IF they actually hit on a young HC that is good and a GM that is actually good, everyone would say they got lucky. Not because they are smart.

Smart is a word long gone around the league when refering to the Spanos.

Comment

• northerner
                          Charger fan since '79
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post
                          Is it just me, or do Derek Carr and Joe Flacco significantly resemble each other in their play?!?
                          this is quite a random thought. i am not an expert on either Carr or Flacco, but Flacco seems much slower/statue-like in the pocket to me.

Comment

Working...
                          X