• Show
Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Everybody on the Fox pregame was praising Jordan Love. "He's really come into his own." "He's arrived." lol The Chargers' pass defense will do is a QB's best friend.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

An average of 1,597.5 yds from scrimmage and 19 TDs over the past two seasons. That is Christian McCaffrey production, and you act like that is easy to replace. The devaluation of the RB position is irrelevant to Ekeler, he's an elite dual threat. People complain he doesn't produce in the running game. But he averaged 4.5 ypc in 2021-22. McCaffrey averaged 4.7 ypc in 2022, Josh Jacobs 4.9, Derrick Henry and Saquon Barkley both averaged 4.4. Ekeler was 18th in rushing yards in 2022, in addition to leading RBs in receiving and total TDs.
      Literally no team in the league agrees with this as nobody would trade for and pay him McCaffrey money like the 49ers did.

Don’t get me wrong, I like Ekeler, but he is not the same player this year as the past two. Maybe it’s the lingering affects of his ankle or maybe the pounding is catching up to him. But his drops and fumble literally might have been the difference between us being 6-4 and 4-6. And his yapping just makes him sound more like a mercenary than a team player.

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Literally no team in the league agrees with this as nobody would trade for and pay him McCaffrey money like the 49ers did.

Don’t get me wrong, I like Ekeler, but he is not the same player this year as the past two. Maybe it’s the lingering affects of his ankle or maybe the pounding is catching up to him. But his drops and fumble literally might have been the difference between us being 6-4 and 4-6. And his yapping just makes him sound more like a mercenary than a team player.
        This is not accurate. But I don’t want argue with you.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          JH3 and Me
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

Ekeler plays with more heart than any player on this team. Not sure what your deal is with him.
          My deal is two / three weeks ago he dropped multiple passes in his hands, he’s running slower and weaker, and last week he fell down twice untouched for no reason in critical situations, once preventing a first down to sustain a drive and once fumbling at the 5 without being touched.

I wouldn’t turn but then he goes out and talks shit about his all star QB after he let his QB down. Any other questions?
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

An average of 1,597.5 yds from scrimmage and 19 TDs over the past two seasons. That is Christian McCaffrey production, and you act like that is easy to replace. The devaluation of the RB position is irrelevant to Ekeler, he's an elite dual threat. People complain he doesn't produce in the running game. But he averaged 4.5 ypc in 2021-22. McCaffrey averaged 4.7 ypc in 2022, Josh Jacobs 4.9, Derrick Henry and Saquon Barkley both averaged 4.4. Ekeler was 18th in rushing yards in 2022, in addition to leading RBs in receiving and total TDs.
            Not doing it this year. I don't know if his high ankle sprain is still a factor but he looks slow.
            Could be.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              JH3 and Me
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Not doing it this year. I don't know if his high ankle sprain is still a factor but he looks slow.
              Could be.
              I saw a tweet, don’t know it’s true, that he never got above 15mph in the GB game. I don’t really know how fast/slow 15mph is in the scheme of things, i know I can’t run 15 mph lol, so … lots of grains of salt thrown out on this one. I’ll let smart guys chew on it

I’d just ask he keep my QB Herbie’s name out of his fucking mouth.
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• MagicMamba88
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2019
                • Send PM

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Spanos will be followers here... not leading

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

Spanos will be followers here... not leading
                    We’ve only won 3 more games than the panthers and we’re going all in this year

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Send PM

The Raiders are releasing Marcus Peters.

Peters is way past his prime, but he'd probably be an upgrade over some of the CBs on the Chargers roster? Yes, no?

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Peters is way past his prime, but he'd probably be an upgrade over some of the CBs on the Chargers roster? Yes, no?
                        Yes when we’re trotting out guys like Bassey, Hawkins and Leonard

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

No...his effort is just not there. No effort on tackles. Think Cromartie in the playoffs type effort.
                          Last edited by Boltjolt; 11-27-2023, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X