Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post
    '
    Tomlin had to have signed off on it. If he had objected I doubt the Steelers ownership would have overruled him. I should have said Steeler's ownership and HC Mike Tomlin get it' . . . . . . . . .

And I agree - the Spanos will not fire Staley until the end of the season - and maybe not even then. This just illustrates the differences between the Steelers (a successful organization) and the Chargers ( NOT a successful organization) .
    Then owners wanted him fired and you think Tomlin would of stopped it? I don't think so.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Broncos safety Kareem Jackson is going to serve a full four game suspension for a hit on Joshua Dobbs Sunday night after his appeal as denied. He was suspended four games earlier this season for a hit on Packers' TE Luke Musgrave, but it was cut to two games on appeal. He'll miss the game against the Chargers at SoFi.

Comment

• Berserker76
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
        Broncos safety Kareem Jackson is going to serve a full four game suspension for a hit on Joshua Dobbs Sunday night after his appeal as denied. He was suspended four games earlier this season for a hit on Packers' TE Luke Musgrave, but it was cut to two games on appeal. He'll miss the game against the Chargers at SoFi.

https://sports.yahoo.com/broncos-s-k...232617587.html
        Good thing, that guy is dangerous.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
          Moderate Skeptic
          • May 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Then owners wanted him fired and you think Tomlin would of stopped it? I don't think so.
          If Tomlin thought it was the wrong move or was unfair in some way - yes, he would have opposed the action, but he and Steeler ownership have been on the same page for years. No way this happens in that organization without his approval, or at least acceptance . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post

Good thing, that guy is dangerous.
            Unfortunately he is scheduled to be back in time for our game AT denver.
            F this guy.
            Darius "4.36" Davis
            top play speed: 23.47 MPH

SDP Magic Number 1

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

This is crazy! Brees can’t throw with his right hand anymore because of the 2005 shoulder injury. Throwing the football properly takes a lot out of you anyways. But to think it came back after 18 years.

Quarterback Drew Brees said Tuesday on ESPN Radio's "Greeny" show that he's now unable to throw a football with his right arm because of the major shoulder injury he suffered in 2005.

Brees signed with the New Orleans Saints in 2006 after the Miami Dolphins dropped out of the bidding over concerns about his shoulder.

Brees said that the Dolphins' medicals were right according to the "long-term prognosis" for his shoulder but that, with Andrews' guidance, he was able to do things in the short term to prolong his career.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                This is crazy! Brees can’t throw with his right hand anymore because of the 2005 shoulder injury. Throwing the football properly takes a lot out of you anyways. But to think it came back after 18 years.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...eft-handed-now
                It happens to a lot of QBs, injuries they suffered when they were young players that become disabling as they age after retirement. Joe Montana has talked about it a lot.

San Francisco 49ers quarterback, who is handling the coin toss on Super Bowl Sunday, says he’s plagued by knee, neck, eye problems that ‘hurt like crazy’

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                  Superbowl?
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Los Angeles/Chicago
                  • Send PM

Chargers were right to move on, a miracle he came back for as long as he did. Brees owes Dr. Andrew's so much.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    JH3 and Me
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Pete trying to distract the 49ers thru uncontrolled laughter at their hideous neon uniforms. Next level genius.
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      JH3 and Me
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

If Tomlin thought it was the wrong move or was unfair in some way - yes, he would have opposed the action, but he and Steeler ownership have been on the same page for years. No way this happens in that organization without his approval, or at least acceptance . . . . . . . . . .
                      I have no idea about this entire Tomlin/Owner discussion thats being fabricated from whole cloth here in TPB. Acceptance is the opposite of approval but nobody knows and the theorizing throughout these pages is hilarious in the absence of any information.

Senior leadership decisions usually but not anlways involve some degree of discussion. Some are unanimous, some are consensus, some are just the top leader making a decision that he instructs be carried out by a leadership team. Their offense stinks, getting everyone to agree it stinks is hardly a dramatic bold demonstration of perpetual unity imo. Nobody has seen Tomlin ever take a “if I don’t agree, I’ll walk” position that I know of. I’m happy to read the examples that prove I’m wrong and there is no way anyone can be fired by the owner or GM without his full agreement. Feel free to post the first of these many examples … I’ll wait here.
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                        Pete trying to distract the 49ers thru uncontrolled laughter at their hideous neon uniforms. Next level genius.
                        Worst uni in the league

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

I watched part of the Boys-Skins game...the announcer quoted Dak as saying he's the most comfortable he's ever been in an offense the past several games...hmmm...throwing Moore under the bus?

Comment

Working...
                          X