• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rensoul
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2023
    • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

I don't think they are selling. They have played pretty good ball actually.

Jefferson just didn't have a role behind Kupp, Nucua, Atwell.
    Yea, Van Jefferson is a decent player with some upside but he's in a contract year and if the Rams don't have future plans to re-sign him then it makes sense to trade him now.

Comment

• rensoul
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2023
      • Send PM

I'd be surprised if Hunter Renfrow isn't traded this season. He only has 6 catches this year and for whatever reason it doesn't look like things are working out for him under McDaniels.

I don't think they would trade him to the Chargers but will be interesting to see where he ends up.

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Originally posted by rensoul View Post

Yea, Van Jefferson is a decent player with some upside but he's in a contract year and if the Rams don't have future plans to re-sign him then it makes sense to trade him now.
        I think he was a disappointment, didn't play up to the expectations of his draft position and his talent really. Maybe a change of scenery in Atlanta will help him. His father, Shawn, was drafted by the Chargers in 1991 and was part of that trio of WRs (with Tony Martin and Mark Seay) that Stan Humphries threw to in the 1994 Super Bowl season. Shawn is currently the WR coach for the Falcons' division rival Carolina. Father and son have the same name: Vanchi LeShawn Jefferson.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Send PM

I don't know the exact reason why Hunter Henry went to the Patriots. My memory is that Belichick really liked Henry and had wanted to draft him in 2016 and the FA contract Hunter got from the Patriots (3 years/$37.5 mil) was more than the Chargers were willing to match. I don't know if his injury history with the Chargers played into that. But, do you think Henry misses having Herbert as his QB about now? He is a FA in 2024.

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Send PM

Old division foe QB Jake Plummer. I admire the guy.

Jake Plummer has always been unconventional. From the way he played with the Cardinals and Broncos to his abrupt departure from the game. So it's no surprise...

Comment

• Heatmiser
              BetterToday ThanYesterday
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
              I don't know the exact reason why Hunter Henry went to the Patriots. My memory is that Belichick really liked Henry and had wanted to draft him in 2016 and the FA contract Hunter got from the Patriots (3 years/$37.5 mil) was more than the Chargers were willing to match. I don't know if his injury history with the Chargers played into that. But, do you think Henry misses having Herbert as his QB about now? He is a FA in 2024.
              Belicheck was hoping to create that 2 TE magic he once had with Gronkowski and Hernandez. He signed Johnnu Smith and Henry. Neither have really panned out as expected and Johnnu now plays in Atlanta (ahead of Pitts who we are talking about maybe trading for as Charger fans).

Renfro is a real head scratcher for me. He is a very smart football player, great in the slot, great route runner. Just the kind of guy you would expect to thrive in a Patriot based offense. Instead, Joshy has turned him into a pariah. I would love to have him on our team but don't think we have room for him?

TG
              Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Old division foe QB Jake Plummer. I admire the guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im2E...ab_channel=NFL
                Well, if eating mushrooms makes you feel better, that is great. But Jake looks awful to me. Like he is 20 years older than he really is. Maybe the mushrooms are not working for him? And what is with the finger nail polish and the jaw harp?

TG

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

Belicheck was hoping to create that 2 TE magic he once had with Gronkowski and Hernandez. He signed Johnnu Smith and Henry. Neither have really panned out as expected and Johnnu now plays in Atlanta (ahead of Pitts who we are talking about maybe trading for as Charger fans).

Renfro is a real head scratcher for me. He is a very smart football player, great in the slot, great route runner. Just the kind of guy you would expect to thrive in a Patriot based offense. Instead, Joshy has turned him into a pariah. I would love to have him on our team but don't think we have room Jofor him?

TG
                  Henry has been solid for the Patriots. Johnnu Smith didn't work out and deflated Belichick's duo TE dreams. Henry had his best season as a pro in his first season in NE when Mac Jones was a rookie. But the decline in Jones' play and the Patriots offense altogether is holding Henry back. Though I think he is 2nd to Kendrick Bourne in receiving yards this season. Would you like to see him back as a Charger?

Comment

• Heatmiser
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Henry has been solid for the Patriots. Johnnu Smith didn't work out and deflated Belichick's duo TE dreams. Henry had his best season as a pro in his first season in NE when Mac Jones was a rookie. But the decline in Jones' play and the Patriots offense altogether is holding Henry back. Though I think he is 2nd to Kendrick Bourne in receiving yards this season. Would you like to see him back as a Charger?
                    Definitely I would. He was a very good blocker and receiver. I was sorry to see him go.

TG

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Send PM

George Kittle is getting some grief for wearing a Fvck Dallas T-shirt under his jersey. Remember this T-shirt?

yHa_pNBbf7YmrVPvqjmz7td1lv3N77PWn3C8jRLFJsc.jpg?auto=webp&s=701763634e9951d01afd31a649a6476dded4223a.jpg

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Waiting for the next update, “Stubs toe, out for the season.”

Comment

Working...
                          X