• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rensoul
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2023
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

As much as I like the idea, Telesco/Staley/Spanoses...I just see them as too gun shy to pull the trigger and send draft picks for another CB who is under contract probably for more than he is worth, after the JCJ fiasco. He's due to make $12 mil this season. How much of that the Chargers would be responsible for in cash and cap I don't know. There's also $3 mil in dead cap associated with his contract in 2024, though his contract does expire the end of this season. I don't know who would absorb that.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york...jackson-21759/
    I think it's doable. For example the JCJ trade, the Pats are only on the hook for 1.5 mil guaranteed salary for this season then they can cut him for no dead cap moving forward.

The Chargers would probably have to sweeten the compensation for the Giants to eat some of the contract but it's possible I would think unless there is something in Adoree's contract that would not allow the Giants from doing that.

Don't really think they would do a trade like this unless there are some injuries to the CB group or they are playing so bad that it's a last ditch effort to save jobs and the season.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2023
      • Send PM

Stayles personal suits Adore more Stayles personnel suits adore more.you need DBs that can fly. We actually need the guy.

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Originally posted by rensoul View Post

I think it's doable. For example the JCJ trade, the Pats are only on the hook for 1.5 mil guaranteed salary for this season then they can cut him for no dead cap moving forward.

The Chargers would probably have to sweeten the compensation for the Giants to eat some of the contract but it's possible I would think unless there is something in Adoree's contract that would not allow the Giants from doing that.

Don't really think they would do a trade like this unless there are some injuries to the CB group or they are playing so bad that it's a last ditch effort to save jobs and the season.
        Well, I'm on board with it. You are more optimistic than I am that they would actually do it.

Comment

• rensoul
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2023
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Well, I'm on board with it. You are more optimistic than I am that they would actually do it.
          Not really, I don't think there is a high probability they would actually do it.

It doesn't fit their MO, but I think there is a small possibility if they are desperate enough because they've already screwed the cap for 2024 and might figure to just go all in even more this year.

Comment

• rensoul
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2023
            • Send PM

Broncos are paying for Gregory's base salary of 14 mil, SF just has to pay the prorated vet minimum.

Nice trade by SF.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

They just put Cracraft on IR so they had a hole.
              Cracraft was the #4. I guess that's where Claypool will be.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Kauai
                • Send PM

Michael Wilson was a nice pick out of Stanford for the Cards. 14 of 16 240 yards and 2 TDs through 4 games. Nearly perfect. I bet he starts to break out a little bit for the Cards. Cant argue with the fact he catches everything thrown his way and his routes are stellar. Nice 3rd round steal imo.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

They overachieved, big time, last year and won a playoff game with a shit roster against a 13-4 team. Quite a contrast from blowing a 27-0 lead to the Jaguars.

The Giants got their asses kicked by three of the best teams in the NFC, so you're taking this opportunity to jump all over Daboll, the Coach of the Year in 2022. Where would our record be if we played the 49ers and Seahawks the last two weeks instead of the Vikings and Raiders? Most objective people will probably say 0-4. I'm sure most objective people will probably also guess that Daboll will be coach of the Giants longer than Staley is with us.
                  ​​
                  I started the Daboll meme, due to the fanboy enthusiasm of those like you. he lost to the ‘Boys 40-0. In what world is zero points a good offensive coaching performance, if he’s the QB whisperer secret to Josh Allen yada yada yada some thought he is? 40 pts is more than Staley has given up this year and he is the worst defensive coach in football history - how is that circle squared?

I didn’t start it to “prove” Daboll is a bad coach, btw. I don’t think he is. What I think is that people here are myopically fixated on singular blame of Staley for everything but theydon’t apply their same standard or evaluation method to anyone else in the profession or league.. I hoped my ironic satire might jolt someone to realize the blatant difference. Yeah - of course that was stupid of me.

Nothing good about the Chargers is due to Staley and nothing bad about the Giants is due to Daboll.
                  Everything wrong about the Chargers is Staley’s fault and nothing wrong with the Giants is Daboll’s fault. Got it.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I started the Daboll meme, due to the fanboy enthusiasm of those like you. he lost to the ‘Boys 40-0. In what world is zero points a good offensive coaching performance, if he’s the QB whisperer secret to Josh Allen yada yada yada some thought he is? 40 pts is more than Staley has given up this year and he is the worst defensive coach in football history - how is that circle squared?

I didn’t start it to “prove” Daboll is a bad coach, btw. I don’t think he is. What I think is that people here are myopically fixated on singular blame of Staley for everything but theydon’t apply their same standard or evaluation method to anyone else in the profession or league.. I hoped my ironic satire might jolt someone to realize the blatant difference. Yeah - of course that was stupid of me.

Nothing good about the Chargers is due to Staley and nothing bad about the Giants is due to Daboll.
                    Everything wrong about the Chargers is Staley’s fault and nothing wrong with the Giants is Daboll’s fault. Got it.

My sentiment as well.
                    If you look around the league, there are many teams in worse positions with bigger areas of concern.
                    Is anyone wanting to swap positions with the Bengals? the entire AFCN? maybe the Ravens but their offense isn't exactly flying either.
                    AFCS is doing better than expected, but would we rather swap with any of those teams? even the Titans who beat us, are we swapping? no.
                    AFCE is impressive because of the Bills and Dolphins (who just got their assess handed to them by the Bills).
                    KC looks like they're struggling on offense, I'm feeling more and more confident about beating them in 2 weeks even with their 10 days of rest and home field advantage.
                    the following AFC teams are done: raiders, Broncos, Jets, Patriots maybe.
                    At worst, we're making the wildcard and imho, winning the division.
                    2024: Far From Over

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

He didn't throw it AT him. He flipped it in disgust to what was probably an assistant coach sitting next to Jones.
                      It was still disrespectful to the player. That schtick will get old in the locker room. No thank you.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

The Colts just gave Jonathan Taylor a 3 year $42m deal with $26m guaranteed

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                          The Colts just gave Jonathan Taylor a 3 year $42m deal with $26m guaranteed
                          Ek is going - WTF???

Comment

Working...
                          X