• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Wonder if McDaniel will turn him around. It's a great opportunity for Claypool to change the direction of his life. It's a third chance for him. McDaniel might want to add some size to his all-smerf WR corps after they were owned in Buffalo. Speaking of McDaniel, the below video is sort of mind-blowing, and might explain why he was motivated to have his offense score 70 pts on the team that he has a history with but snubbed him for a HC job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8RG..._channel=9NEWS
    Surprised Miami wanted him. Their WR core looked stacked against us

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Surprised Miami wanted him. Their WR core looked stacked against us
      They just put Cracraft on IR so they had a hole.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
        Beef Before Gazelles
        • May 2021
        • Send PM

I don't know the specifics of what's led to Claypool being dumped twice in a two year span, butt it leads to speculation that-- whatever it is?-- it can't be fixed. Because in that two year span, two NFL teams washed their hands of a vastly talented guy.

Some guys aren't very coachable. Some guys are bad teammates. Some guys are just a-holes. Some guys refuse to put in the necessary work that everybody else on the team is doing.

So again, no idea what it is in Claypool's case, but if the problem can't be fixed? I don't want to take it on, either!

Comment

• colorado
          Fan since '62
          • Jun 2023
          • Desert Rat
          • Nothing but time on my hands
          • Send PM

RIP Dick Butkus

Comment

• colorado
            Fan since '62
            • Jun 2023
            • Desert Rat
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
            Claypool to Miami.
            wow.
            For peanuts.
            In an article I read he said as long as he got #10 with the Chargers he'd play for free. Wonder if Hill surrendered #10? lol

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
              Beef Before Gazelles
              • May 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by colorado View Post

In an article I read he said as long as he got #10 with the Chargers he'd play for free. Wonder if Hill surrendered #10? lol
              Dude... That was Quacksaw's High Speed Sports Wire report.

Please tell me that you understand that Quacksaw is the least credible sports voice there is. So, if Quacksaw says it, you automatically know it isn't true.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                Beef Before Gazelles
                • May 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by colorado View Post
                RIP Dick Butkus
                Emily Litella:

"What's all this I hear about Rick Bupkis dying? Who the hell is that?!?

What?!?! 'Buck Fittkis', you say?"

Comment

• colorado
                  Fan since '62
                  • Jun 2023
                  • Desert Rat
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Emily Litella:

"What's all this I hear about Rick Bupkis dying? Who the hell is that?!?

What?!?! 'Buck Fittkis', you say?"
                  One of the best linebackers of all time. Paved the way for Ray Lewis and Lawrence Taylor. Definitely had an impact on the game. Feared when on the field by everyone. A very beloved figure by Chicago and others Junior played a Butkkus style of football.

loved to watch Butkus play, animal.
                  Last edited by colorado; 10-06-2023, 12:38 PM.

Comment

• colorado
                    Fan since '62
                    • Jun 2023
                    • Desert Rat
                    • Send PM

Dude... That was Quacksaw's High Speed Sports Wire report.

Please tell me that you understand that Quacksaw is the least credible sports voice there is. So, if Quacksaw says it, you automatically know it isn't true.
                    OK, thought it was funny...

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2022
                      • White Rock, BC Canada
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post

Claypools's just another fair-weather player. Once he realizes he's playing second-fiddle to Waddle and Hill, he will pout & complain, and move on to another team that can really appreciate all that he is. I'm just glad we didn't give him the time of day.
                      McDaniel said he wanted him because he is fast. McDaniel's obsession with speed seems to be working pretty well so far. Now he added a 238 pounder to his group that runs 4.3 or 4.4.

McDaniel has a good vibe going there. Maybe Chase will be happy to be part of winning and settle into his role. I am sure he realizes he isn't ahead of Hill and Waddle

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2022
                        • White Rock, BC Canada
                        • Send PM

I don't know the specifics of what's led to Claypool being dumped twice in a two year span, butt it leads to speculation that-- whatever it is?-- it can't be fixed. Because in that two year span, two NFL teams washed their hands of a vastly talented guy.

Some guys aren't very coachable. Some guys are bad teammates. Some guys are just a-holes. Some guys refuse to put in the necessary work that everybody else on the team is doing.

So again, no idea what it is in Claypool's case, but if the problem can't be fixed? I don't want to take it on, either!
                        It is unfixable? Or does the guy just need to grow up?

Wont be the first, or last athlete that needs an attitude adjustment. The Dolphins aren't afraid to bring in talent. McDaniel is an interesting cat, maybe he gets through to Claypool.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                          Moderate Skeptic
                          • May 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

It is unfixable? Or does the guy just need to grow up?

Wont be the first, or last athlete that needs an attitude adjustment. The Dolphins aren't afraid to bring in talent. McDaniel is an interesting cat, maybe he gets through to Claypool.
                          The conversation will go something like . . . . . . . . 'we're happy to have you, and we'll be open minded and let you show us who you are, BUT - if we have to dump you because you're a problem this will be the last stop of your career. How this turns out is up to you'.

Comment

Working...
                          X