• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...we'll find out if Kendricks is at the level of a Khalil Mack...or a Thomas Davis...
    Kendricks value is he is going to know what to do (my bet) and he’s going to help defenders all around him. That will, and reports are already does, help K9 do what he’s supposed to do. I am expecting a huge step up from K9 and the pair to be solid. I just don’t know if it will be immediate or ramp up over the first quarter of the season.

Tranq was a gamer, big heart, but he just didn’t put it together. His pairing with K9 didn’t work. We all saw it. Of the two, K9 has the higher upside and still a year (+?) of rookie deal, makes sense he’s the one to keep. But i think having a smart vet who knows more is what he needs. Thats ok, tranq is not old, he’ll get some chances. I wish him the best out there, appreciate his effort while he was here.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Caslon
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2019
      • Send PM

3827-B119-22-FA-4515-A1-E4-ED856588-EBA6.jpg

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
        Beef Before Gazelles
        • May 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Tranq was a gamer, big heart, but he just didn’t put it together. His pairing with K9 didn’t work. We all saw it. Of the two, K9 has the higher upside and still a year (+?) of rookie deal, makes sense he’s the one to keep. But i think having a smart vet who knows more is what he needs. Thats ok, tranq is not old, he’ll get some chances. I wish him the best out there, appreciate his effort while he was here.
        This is the fourth and final year of Murray's rookie contract. As with all first round draft picks, the club has a "fifth year option" which allow them the choice of keeping the player an additional season, at a salary in the neighborhood of the fifth highest paid player in the NFL, at that position.

In other words... not cheap! Although, if we're talking about a star player, probably well below market value.

Unless Murray plays like the reincarnation of Lawrence Taylor this year, the Bolts will not be exercising his fifth year option.

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Unless Murray plays like the reincarnation of Lawrence Taylor this year, the Bolts will not be exercising his fifth year option.

Actually, the window for the 5th year option has passed, so this is a contact year for Murray.

Comment

• Caslon
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

Actually, the window for the 5th year option has passed, so this is a contact year for Murray.
            TT and scouts marveled about KM’s physique. Turns out, so far, ya need something upstairs too. I wish him luck with his mental game this season. Past years, feet of clay. A real disappointment.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
              I'm not gonna roast Drue but will note for those upset about his departure that he played zero snap last night (icymi)

To me, to be blunt......thats just immature stupid fans. So he signed elsewhere....who cares? He wasnt that great anyways and Kendricks & Henley will be much better. I been saying our ILBs were weak for 2 years and they are finally addressing it.

Murray hopefully has a light go on or he wont be back either.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

We also invested heavily in an OL that can protect him and not have to flaunt the rules to do it.
                Thats beside the point. A rule is a rule. They dont hesitate to call roughing the passer and PI and other ticky tack penalties. It was blatant Thursday night. The RT wasnt even on the LOS let alone he was moving early all the time.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                  Beef Before Gazelles
                  • May 2021
                  • Send PM

Mike Tirico catching major heat for his at-game's-conclusion comment about the Lion's victory coming with an asterisk, because of Travis Kelce's absence.

If KC had won, would there be an asterisk because their right tackle consistently lined up in the offensive backfield and moved pre-snap?

Seriously blatant homer-ism on Tirico's part.

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post

TT and scouts marveled about KM’s physique. Turns out, so far, ya need something upstairs too. I wish him luck with his mental game this season. Past years, feet of clay. A real disappointment.
                    K9 lead the team in tackles as a rookie. New coaches, new scheme, ankle injury, he's struggled since. There's some hope that current new guys, DC Ansley, ILB Coach Howard, MLB Kendricks will help him to be more effective in the 2023 defense.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Mike Tirico catching major heat for his at-game's-conclusion comment about the Lion's victory coming with an asterisk, because of Travis Kelce's absence.

If KC had won, would there be an asterisk because their right tackle consistently lined up in the offensive backfield and moved pre-snap?

He should catch heat. That is a weak excuse. Weird how no one gives us any recognition for having so many out plus Herbert playing on broken rib cartilage and then saying he had a down year lol. WTF. His "down year" wasnt even that bad. Just had less TDs.

Comment

• sonorajim
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

KC's a legitimate good team. But they get a lot of unnecessary suction from the media.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

This is the fourth and final year of Murray's rookie contract. As with all first round draft picks, the club has a "fifth year option" which allow them the choice of keeping the player an additional season, at a salary in the neighborhood of the fifth highest paid player in the NFL, at that position.

In other words... not cheap! Although, if we're talking about a star player, probably well below market value.

Yep...by the end of the year, we'll find out if K9 improves like Pip...or proves himself a bust like Tillery...come on, Murray, show us why we picked u in round 1!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X