• Show
Clear All
  • CanadianBoltFan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2022
    • White Rock, BC Canada
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Yeah, I been thinking about this too. He can't play forever, and how much longer can he play at a level where he's catching 100+ passes for 1300+ yards and 12 TDs? Just for comparison, Antonio Gates at age 34 caught 69 for 821 yds and 12 TDs. But starting with his age 35 year his production declined every season.
    yes i am thinking another really good season this year and at 35 the downslope begins

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      JH3 and Me
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

We beat the Dolphins and Titans last season. But that was last season. This is a new season. Having said that, the one I want to win is Minnesota. I am annoyed that we keep losing to the Vikings.
      Its a new season
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        JH3 and Me
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

The smartest coach in the NFL went for it on 4th and 25 or 27 with no clearly capable WR (I thought it was 25, NFL Radio kept saying 27 this morning) with 2.5min left and 3 TOs.
        After the game, he basically told the press that he had no confidence that his defense could stop DET. This was right after the Chiefs had stopped them on 4 & out.

Feel free to mull that over...

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
          The smartest coach in the NFL went for it on 4th and 25 or 27 with no clearly capable WR (I thought it was 25, NFL Radio kept saying 27 this morning) with 2.5min left and 3 TOs.
          After the game, he basically told the press that he had no confidence that his defense could stop DET. This was right after the Chiefs had stopped them on 4 & out.

Feel free to mull that over...
          I don't know if Nagy is the one calling all the plays or Reid is or has a lot of input, but the jet sweep on 3rd and 1 was positively Lombo-like. I guess Bear fans were giddy last night that he is gone as those lame ass plays were a staple of theirs under him. Could they miss Bieniemy more than we thought?

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Of the Chiefs offensive starters, who would you rather have on the Chargers? Anyone besides Kelce and perhaps Mahomes?
            Well it's hard to say because the Chargers haven't played a game yet. But as of right I am liking the Chargers WR corps and I don't know if I would prefer any of the Chiefs' WRs. I'd probably take their RB Pacheco over any of our backup RBs, though it's again hard to say really without having seen Joshua Kelley yet this season.

The Chiefs have 7 WR on their roster and all 7 were active last night. In the off-season there was a lot written about Justyn Ross, the supposed Mike Williams clone of out of Clemson who was injured coming out of college a few years ago but is now ready to dominate. But I don't know if he even played last night. Smith-Schuster is gone along with Hill, and it does kind of seem the Chiefs have a collection of guys at WR who are just guys. Valdes-Scantling was Mahomes' leading receiver last night with 2 catches for 48 yds. Apparently Reid is determined that one or two of these guys are going to develop into WRs befitting of a Mahomes offense. Skyy Moore hasn't really distinguished himself and Kadarius Toney I think showed who he is last night. The drafted Rashee Rice out of SMU in the third round this year.

Travis Kelce really is the Chiefs' #1 receiver, but he can't do it all. The Chiefs are going to need production from their WRs.

I think the Chargers' WR corps is clearly superior, but that is to be proven.

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

To be fair, can’t remember the last time Pipkins lined up legally.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                JH3 and Me
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I don't know if Nagy is the one calling all the plays or Reid is or has a lot of input, but the jet sweep on 3rd and 1 was positively Lombo-like. I guess Bear fans were giddy last night that he is gone as those lame ass plays were a staple of theirs under him. Could they miss Bieniemy more than we thought?
                Nagy was licking his laminated play chart all night like he was actively involved in play selection. Beats me too.

I assumed for years Bieniemy was just a beard, maybe Andy was fooling everyone the entire time and letting junior scout clipboard carrier rumors swirl his entire career. another beats me.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                  BetterToday ThanYesterday
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

The word going round is that the officials have been looking away because the league wants to protect their most valuable players... the QBs. But as you said, if they don't call it, OTs will do what they can get away with. Last night was comical though, maybe it started with Florio in pregame, but when McAully said it out loud on the broadcast, its now memeworthy.
                  That RT is the same one who did that to Bosa repeatedly in the Jags playoff game and who continually held him to the point that Joey popped his cork. The officials had all off season to review the way Taylor plays. Apparently, they don't really want to deal with it. All they have to do for him, or any tackle who lines up incorrectly or jumps to gain a head start (and Pipkins does this at times, just not ALL the time like Taylor) is to throw a couple early flags. They did that to the Chargers in year one of Staley for illegal formation on a ticky-tack borderline call that took some tds off the board against Dallas and the Chargers reacted by not doing it.

TG
                  Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Nagy was licking his laminated play chart all night like he was actively involved in play selection. Beats me too.

I assumed for years Bieniemy was just a beard, maybe Andy was fooling everyone the entire time and letting junior scout clipboard carrier rumors swirl his entire career. another beats me.

haha
                    Darius "4.36" Davis
                    top play speed: 23.47 MPH

SDP Magic Number 2

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      JH3 and Me
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Well it's hard to say because the Chargers haven't played a game yet. But as of right I am liking the Chargers WR corps and I don't know if I would prefer any of the Chiefs' WRs. I'd probably take their RB Pacheco over any of our backup RBs, though it's again hard to say really without having seen Joshua Kelley yet this season.

The Chiefs have 7 WR on their roster and all 7 were active last night. In the off-season there was a lot written about Justyn Ross, the supposed Mike Williams clone of out of Clemson who was injured coming out of college a few years ago but is now ready to dominate. But I don't know if he even played last night. Smith-Schuster is gone along with Hill, and it does kind of seem the Chiefs have a collection of guys at WR who are just guys. Valdes-Scantling was Mahomes' leading receiver last night with 2 catches for 48 yds. Apparently Reid is determined that one or two of these guys are going to develop into WRs befitting of a Mahomes offense. Skyy Moore hasn't really distinguished himself and Kadarius Toney I think showed who he is last night. The drafted Rashee Rice out of SMU in the third round this year.

Travis Kelce really is the Chiefs' #1 receiver, but he can't do it all. The Chiefs are going to need production from their WRs.

I think the Chargers' WR corps is clearly superior, but that is to be proven.
                      I agree they are, i don't think anything needs to be proven. Slayer, Dub have proven they are better 100x over, Palmer 2022 was better than any receiver on the field last night imo. jmo.

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

That RT is the same one who did that to Bosa repeatedly in the Jags playoff game and who continually held him to the point that Joey popped his cork. The officials had all off season to review the way Taylor plays. Apparently, they don't really want to deal with it. All they have to do for him, or any tackle who lines up incorrectly or jumps to gain a head start (and Pipkins does this at times, just not ALL the time like Taylor) is to throw a couple early flags. They did that to the Chargers in year one of Staley for illegal formation on a ticky-tack borderline call that took some tds off the board against Dallas and the Chargers reacted by not doing it.

TG
                        I was ashamed of Bosa at the time for popping his cork (good choice of words ). But he was right. So now I am less upset at Bosa, because his meltdown got attention, and pundits have picked up on it and it's become an issue the NFL now needs to address.

Florio is convinced that the league is letting OL get away with these infractions in order to protect QBs because edge rushers like Bosa are so much better than OL. I don't know if that is true, but Florio has taken up the cause, and whether you like Florio or not, he does have a pretty loud voice, given his standing and his ability to reach a wide audience.

Personally as a Chargers fan, with investing in premium edge rushers I feel it is a strength of this defense when both are on the field healthy and I don't want that negated by OL getting away with holding and false starts that aren't flagged.

Anyway, Florio and Peter King discuss it in this video and King explains the process of how the league will address it with officiating crews.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                          BetterToday ThanYesterday
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                          To be fair, can’t remember the last time Pipkins lined up legally.
                          Me neither. But I have seen him "time" the snap a few times, and ironically he has done it vs the Chiefs on some TD plays.

TG
                          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

Working...
                          X