• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fouts2herbert
    Charger Fan since 1978
    • Sep 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by OG619FrightninLightnin View Post
    What's up with Travis Kelce publicly calling out Jones for holding out?

Jones is doing what he feels he needs to do to get paid correctly in a league throws away players like garbage when it's through with them.

Travis just got extended for $57M

Bad look and bad for team chemistry
    I agree, I don't like it when former or current players comment on another guy's contract talks...Kelce has had a strange offseason, it's not the first thing he's done that made me do a double take this offseason...
    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Jones is doing what he feels he needs to do to get paid correctly in a league throws away players like garbage when it's through with them.

Are you talking about his podcast with his brother where he’s begging Chris to come back and make another Super Bowl run? And Jason Kelce says no Chris stand strong and hold out for all the Dt’s at least until after the eagles and chiefs play

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I was reading a thread on one of the cowboy forums about the Steele extension and a lot of people on there are not happy about the signing, reading things like he's above avg but not top ten RT like this contract makes him out to be, also folks are concerned about the timing of the extension with him coming off of tearing two ligaments in one knee...usually when the fan base is happy about a guy getting extended, you have a general consensus about the the signing being good with the usual troll here and there making off base remarks, but the conversation on that thread is very split and potentially slanted towards the negative, concerns over his health, concerns that they already had people that can play as well for less, on and on...there was a post about the "Jones' know what they are doing" that made me chuckle a bit...
        Maybe Jerruh is getting old...and afraid (in his mind) to lose a solid starter and endure a lot of heat from fans and the media...I think that's what happened with AJ Smith...bent over backwards to extend players (most of whom didn't deserve such rich contracts)...AJ was also in the hot seat...even though Jones is the owner, I do think he feels a certain amount of heat from others, to put a winner on the field...hence I think he is overreacting, and being overly generous on certain contracts, like the Steele deal...

Comment

• Kylars
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

T Kelce is an odd ball. His comments, I think right after the super bowl, about the doubters etc...came off as really childish. His ego is enormous and he has zero humility.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Yep...what we have here is the pot calling the kettle black...

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
              Charger Fan since 1978
              • Sep 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Maybe Jerruh is getting old...and afraid (in his mind) to lose a solid starter and endure a lot of heat from fans and the media...I think that's what happened with AJ Smith...bent over backwards to extend players (most of whom didn't deserve such rich contracts)...AJ was also in the hot seat...even though Jones is the owner, I do think he feels a certain amount of heat from others, to put a winner on the field...hence I think he is overreacting, and being overly generous on certain contracts, like the Steele deal...
              Jones hasn't accomplished much since Jimmy Johnson left, and I don't count that third Super Bowl under barry switzer, switzer was just there to keep Jimmy's team running smoothly, once that era passed Jones hasn't been able to do regain that type of prominence...not even with bill parcells as HC...
              "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Jones hasn't accomplished much since Jimmy Johnson left, and I don't count that third Super Bowl under barry switzer, switzer was just there to keep Jimmy's team running smoothly, once that era passed Jones hasn't been able to do regain that type of prominence...not even with bill parcells as HC...
                Parcells quit/stepped down because Jerruh wouldnt stop meddling. Thats where the groceries comment came from. Jerruh was also trying to force him to start QB Drew Henson and Parcells said he wasnt ready and went public with that scenario. When Henson played like shit, Parcells went with the ol...."told you so" lol.

Henson had the 1 start and played in 7 games total that season.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Yep...like I've said before, Moore's blocking and route schemes are light years ahead of Lombozo's lumbering, unimaginative, ineffective, predictable playcalling...
                  I can't remember any long runs in preseason under Lombo .... which of course, carried into the regular season.

It sure is a good sign.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Nothing like a team mate stabbing the other in the back just before the season starts.

All the Chief's need now is for Kelce's 34 year old bad back to start flaring up.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      JH3 and Me
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

I think AJ was different - he drank his own koolaid somwhere around 2006 or 2007 and really believed he was smarter than everyone else in football. Not just smarter than Marty but smarter than everyone. He went from “line em up 3 deep and compete” to “i don’t think any rookies can make our roster”. He shifted picks from restocking with solid players to his whims and hunches on his elusive one missing piece and ignored data as just not as smart as him. Exhibit 1: Jacob Fucking Hester

He’s the Ziggy Stardust of football, eventually the band had to kill him.

Jerry’s is also an egomaniac …. Maybe he has some AJ in him but its not exactly the same
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I think AJ was different - he drank his own koolaid somwhere around 2006 or 2007 and really believed he was smarter than everyone else in football. Not just smarter than Marty but smarter than everyone. He went from “line em up 3 deep and compete” to “i don’t think any rookies can make our roster”. He shifted picks from restocking with solid players to his whims and hunches on his elusive one missing piece and ignored data as just not as smart as him. Exhibit 1: Jacob Fucking Hester

He’s the Ziggy Stardust of football, eventually the band had to kill him.

Jerry’s is also an egomaniac …. Maybe he has some AJ in him but its not exactly the same
                        Oh man, Hester...what a waste of 3 draft picks for just an average RB...and there were others...I'm guessing the Koolaid AJ drank was his bold pick of Eli, then the king's ransom of picks he suckered the Giants into giving up for him...it was mostly downhill after that...towards the end of his time with us, AJ got worse, signing marginal or red flag FA's or extending the same for big bloated contracts, AND giving up multiple picks for Hester-like players...

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Parcells quit/stepped down because Jerruh wouldnt stop meddling. Thats where the groceries comment came from. Jerruh was also trying to force him to start QB Drew Henson and Parcells said he wasnt ready and went public with that scenario. When Henson played like shit, Parcells went with the ol...."told you so" lol.

Henson had the 1 start and played in 7 games total that season.
                          I suppose we should be thankful we have the Spani and not Jerruh...

Comment

Working...
                          X