• Show
Clear All
  • CivilBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

I haven't seen any.
    I think Kamara only got 4 games suspension and what he did was pretty bad compared to Hill. Maybe Hill won’t get any.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Interesting that Vikings rookie WR Addison is in the concussion protocol while they are wearing those padded things on their helmets.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
        Around the NFL

Dolphins DT Christian Wilkins staging hold-in while in negotiations for new contract

Falcons vs. Dolphins highlights | Preseason Week 1

Miami Dolphins defensive tackle Christian Wilkins is staging a hold-in as he awaits a new contract.

The former first-round pick, set to make $10.753 million on the fifth-year option, has barely practiced in recent weeks (doing individual drills but sitting out team work), leading to questions about his status. Head coach Mike McDaniel told reporters on Wednesday that Wilkins' absence is contract-related, not injury concerns.

"Christian is such a good player, such an important person in the locker room, who has made it clear that he feels that his play is deserving of a contract," McDaniel said. "We would agree, as the Miami Dolphins organization. Henceforth, we are in negotiations. And as a result, he hasn't been participating in team (drills). When he next participates, that'll be up to him."

In four seasons in Miami, Wilkins has improved each campaign, generating 98 tackles, 3.5 sacks and 30 QB pressures in 2022.

The defensive tackle market has taken a leap this offseason, with Quinnen Williams, Jeffery Simmons, Daron Payne and Dexter Lawrence all inking extensions worth $22.5 million-plus per season. Wilkins projects to join that group.

In the meantime, he'll sit out of team drills as the 2023 campaign approaches.

McDaniel told reporters that has no issues with how the stud DT is conducting his business.

"Every player, it's like a snowflake, I would say, unique to itself. I'm comfortable with the situation as it stands," the coach said on Wednesday. "Christian and I are in constant communication. This is part of the business that a lot of teams are dealing with."
        How often does a DT get 98 tackles? That’s incredible
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

How often does a DT get 98 tackles? That’s incredible
          Wilkins is right to want money in the range that those guys got, one of the biggest issues with the charger defense is the lack of that dominant interior guy, I know we signed Austin Johnson and SJD last year but the chargers haven't had an interior guy on the roster that could get inside pressure on the QB in like forever, even Jamal williams wasn't one of those guys...I'm trying to think of who in Charger history fit that bill, parella had some pass rush in him but not like the guys being discussed here, maybe much further in charger history? Wilkins put on a show agains our O-line last year on Sunday Night, having a guy like that would be so much more significant than having two stud Edge players, look at the impact AD has had on offenses...guys that can get pressure from inside are worth their weight in gold, if the dolphins don't want to spend on Wilkins I'd be delighted to trade them joey for Wilkins straight up, LOL...
          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Ravens sign CB ronald darby.
            Darius "4.36" Davis
            top play speed: 23.47 MPH

SDP2024: (Triple Play)

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              JH3 and Me
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Wilkins is right to want money in the range that those guys got, one of the biggest issues with the charger defense is the lack of that dominant interior guy, I know we signed Austin Johnson and SJD last year but the chargers haven't had an interior guy on the roster that could get inside pressure on the QB in like forever, even Jamal williams wasn't one of those guys...I'm trying to think of who in Charger history fit that bill, parella had some pass rush in him but not like the guys being discussed here, maybe much further in charger history? Wilkins put on a show agains our O-line last year on Sunday Night, having a guy like that would be so much more significant than having two stud Edge players, look at the impact AD has had on offenses...guys that can get pressure from inside are worth their weight in gold, if the dolphins don't want to spend on Wilkins I'd be delighted to trade them joey for Wilkins straight up, LOL...
              Agree - ive been preaching from the mountaintop forever
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Most recently, Luis Castillo, before the injuries.

Maybe, Antonio Garay in 2010?

Farther back? Certainly Gary Johnson .... maybe even throw in Kelcher.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Most recently, Luis Castillo, before the injuries.

Maybe, Antonio Garay in 2010?

Farther back? Certainly Gary Johnson .... maybe even throw in Kelcher.
                  LEE WILLIAMS! how could I forget him, he was a 5 tech with serious pass rushing skills, he ended his career at 82.5 sacks, the only other Charger that comes close in sacks from the inside is Gary Johnson with 76.5, Gary had that 17.5 sack season, but Williams had a 15 sack season and a 14 sack season and also matched Gary with another 11 sack season...Lee Williams was a beast! I remember once seeing John Madden interview Tex Schramm and Tex complaining that he'd offered the Chargers a ton for Lee and the Chargers refuse to trade him to the Cowboys...

So it's been over 30 years!!! since the chargers had a serious pass rushing threat from an interior player, he was listed as a DE but played inside in a 3-4 defense, the guy was around 270 pure muscle not like todays guys that carry a good 30-40 pounds more and look fat at that same position, in those days guys like Howie Long also played at around 275 in the interior...
                  "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Jamal Williams was an absolute beast and I'd love to have a player like him on our team.

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Jamal Williams was an absolute beast and I'd love to have a player like him on our team.
                      Jerrod Clark has potential.
                      a shade smaller than JWall, has some quicks to him.
                      Darius "4.36" Davis
                      top play speed: 23.47 MPH

SDP2024: (Triple Play)

Comment

• sonorajim
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

I like the edge / IDL / LB group we have now. Bosa and Mack are the stars but there's no position on the front 7 that can't get QB pressure. Together, they're intimidating. Where can opponents shift blocking to?
                        Let's get the party started in Miami!
                        ps: Clark looks like a keeper.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                          Charger Fan since 1978
                          • Sep 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Yes he was! and I didn't mean to imply otherwise, but he was a run stuffing NT that could defeat double teams and kill run plays in the back field, he wasn't a pass rushing DT, Jamal had like 13 sacks for his entire 13 year career...

Comment

Working...
                          X