• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northerner
    Charger fan since '79
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

random thought: i used to root for Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay, but I am tired of him and hope that the Jets suck. hopefully we kick their ass.

so many playoff failures in Green Bay, especially the home game losses.

Comment

• JOJAX85
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2018
      • Irmo, SC
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Bills biting off our blue, just like the Rams.
      Seahawks bring me back, not in a good way.

Chargers Seau era jerseys are my favorite after the powder blues. they scream SD all day.
      Get rid of the current alternates and go with the royal Coryells & the Seau navys. The Eagles will have 3 helmets. Why can't we?
      ​​

Comment

• Heatmiser
        BetterToday ThanYesterday
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post
        random thought: i used to root for Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay, but I am tired of him and hope that the Jets suck. hopefully we kick their ass.

so many playoff failures in Green Bay, especially the home game losses.
        I never liked Rodgers, all the way back to draft day. I wish I could tell you a valid reason, but I don't have one. I just did not like him when I saw him. Unfair?

I really don't like him even more given his weirdness and arrogance of the last few years.

TG
        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

I never liked Rodgers, all the way back to draft day. I wish I could tell you a valid reason, but I don't have one. I just did not like him when I saw him. Unfair?

I really don't like him even more given his weirdness and arrogance of the last few years.

TG
          I liked the kid from Butte JC & Cal. I thought SF were A-holes for taking Smith over him. I pulled for him at GB to show up the SF snobs. Never paid attention to media crap.

Comment

• northerner
            Charger fan since '79
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

Get rid of the current alternates and go with the royal Coryells & the Seau navys. The Eagles will have 3 helmets. Why can't we?
            ​​
            sign me up all day for the Coryell uniforms. the team of my youth.

Comment

• chargeroo
              Fan since 1961
              • Jan 2019
              • Oregon
              • Retired Manager/Pastor
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

TG
              I never liked him because I read stories about how poorly he treated his family, but I've always thought he's a really good QB. Now, everyone talks about the young QB's but I still think Rogers is the best QB in the league.
              THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

I liked the kid from Butte JC & Cal. I thought SF were A-holes for taking Smith over him. I pulled for him at GB to show up the SF snobs. Never paid attention to media crap.
                Rodgers lived in Chico, Ukiah, Beaverton, OR as a boy, ending back up in Chico for his final two years of high school. After HS but before Cal, he played for Butte College, which has two campuses, in Chico and on the foothills between Chico and Oroville. The Oroville campus is where the athletic fields are and that is where he played. About 90 mi north of where I live.

image.ashx?domain=www.jsonline.com&file=30114723-mjs_aaron_rodgers(2).jpg&resize=660*486.jpg

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Wrbanwal View Post
                  How did the FUdeans let this guy get away

away?

​
                  Seahawks edge rusher Uchenna Nwosu has agreed to a three-year extension worth up to $59 million that includes $32 million guaranteed, his agents, Ryan Matha and Drew Rosenhaus, announced.
                  TT rarely resigns his non-#1 draft picks.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

I was responding to "So owners can ask for money back from players who underperform their contract, but players who overperform their contract can’t ask for additional money?"

I get "ask for money back "out of that. If it means "reducing money that will be paid", say so. They do not mean the same.
                    Maybe my limited experience in contract negotiation is messing with me. In that world, specific language is everything. All I know is what was said.
                    That was poorly stated. I should have said asked for contract reductions.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

​​
                      One good helmet is better than 3 shitty helmets.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

TT rarely resigns his non-#1 draft picks.
                        They’ve gotta really stand out, and make TT not want to sign a pricey FA/redraft the position. Just saying.

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Rodgers lived in Chico, Ukiah, Beaverton, OR as a boy, ending back up in Chico for his final two years of high school. After HS but before Cal, he played for Butte College, which has two campuses, in Chico and on the foothills between Chico and Oroville. The Oroville campus is where the athletic fields are and that is where he played. About 90 mi north of where I live.

image.ashx?domain=www.jsonline.com&file=30114723-mjs_aaron_rodgers(2).jpg&resize=660*486.jpg
                          I watched a lot of games at Butte in late 90's before Rodgers.

Comment

Working...
                          X