• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

That is exactly our point. Welcome aboard. A great team in 2023 must have an elite pass offense or have all other units so ridiculously superior they can overcome this strategic flaw. I believe Staley is right over the target on strategy - build elite pass-first offense that also can run, and build a pass-first defense to counter the most dangerous opponent weaponry. Now, actually DOING that … there’s the rub. 2023 is a modest change from 2022 camp roster, we must avoid the excess injuries and Moore most implement a step-wise improvement in attack strategy and we can be much more successful.

Deebo is a WR, not a RB, so that makes sense and you’re right in that correction. i apologize, just playing on the hyperbolic impressions posted here often about him. SF had a great rush game last year, nobody argues that. that is a lot of OL talent and Shanahan’s rush blocking designs. Shanahan has focused on that because he has not ever had an elite QB. Smart young coach.

Bronco example is also great, we’ll add that as Exhibit 2. League literally changed roster rules to further favor QBs due to that one game.

Richardson is a bit of a project. I watched an excellent breakdown of him that analyzed passes that were very accurate vs passes that were not, his inaccuracies all traced to an identifiable / fixable mechanics error. Every single one. Remember Herbie had a reputation as not accurate, those were also due to bad coaching that left mechanics flaws in his game. We’ve seen how that turned out - He went out and hired a pro QB coach and fixed most of that before he got to the Combines, and we haven’t seen serious mechanics problems since he was drafted here. My view on Richardson is that his upside of unteachable athletic ability surpasses all of the other QBs drafted. It’s a bet, as it requires he greatly reduce his too-frequent mechanics errors. I think not only is it possible, but it will happen. But its a bet. He went to a good place for QB development.

Herbie has those same unteachable superior abilities, I saw that before his draft and was a huge Herbie proponent. but I’m wrong >50% of the time. Past performance does not guarantee future returns yada yada.
    Difference is Herberts career college completion % is 64, Richarsons is 54 and he never had a season at 60%. Herbert had two at 67%.(67.5 & 66.8% to be more accurate). His accuracy problems in my view were over 10 yards in the 15+ yard range. Footwork is what he needed work on.

Richardson needs more than that but yes he can overcome. We'll see but im not optomistic. Kyle Boller never did who also didnt have good accuracy in college. Josh Allen did though.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      JH3 and Me
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Difference is Herberts career college completion % is 64, Richarsons is 54 and he never had a season at 60%. Herbert had two at 67%.(67.5 & 66.8% to be more accurate). His accuracy problems in my view were over 10 yards in the 15+ yard range. Footwork is what he needed work on.

Richardson needs more than that but yes he can overcome. We'll see but im not optomistic. Kyle Boller never did who also didnt have good accuracy in college. Josh Allen did though.
      It’s fair to not be as optimistic as me. Nobody knows. Kyle Boller didn’t have Richardson’s freakish athletic natural abilities imo.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

It’s fair to not be as optimistic as me. Nobody knows. Kyle Boller didn’t have Richardson’s freakish athletic natural abilities imo.
        As in, he wasn't a runner but he had a strong arm.
        Richardson had 24 passing TDs & 15 INTs as a college player.

We'll see but he isn't our QB so I'm not concerned. It's just goes back to QBs being over paid for being mediocre.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

I wont share that name with you as i dont most of your nic names.

I dont see a problem with it. He is being proactive in trying to get RBs more money and it may work and help him or it will work against him. Thats the chance you take.
          He isnt going to slack off for the team and thats all that matters to me and thats what other teams will see.
          I think he is a stand up guy and he isnt holding out like Mel did so why should we complain?

Im quite sure MOST here would complain if their job got devalued and they made less money. Im certain a job search would be the next step.
          In the corporate world, for example, how would you like it if a fellow co-worker were to start loudly complaining he was underpaid? How would you like it if he posted on social media and gave interviews that he was underpaid? What effect would it have on you and your co-workers? These are matters that should be handled quietly, between the unhappy worker and management. Otherwise, the malcontents multiply and morale plummets, spreading like cancer...this is the last thing the Bolts need...another distraction, in a year when they really do have the pieces in place for a legit SB run...

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

In the corporate world, for example, how would you like it if a fellow co-worker were to start loudly complaining he was underpaid? How would you like it if he posted on social media and gave interviews that he was underpaid? What effect would it have on you and your co-workers? These are matters that should be handled quietly, between the unhappy worker and management. Otherwise, the malcontents multiply and morale plummets, spreading like cancer...this is the last thing the Bolts need...another distraction, in a year when they really do have the pieces in place for a legit SB run...
            In sports that never happens.

The other players aren't concerned if a player is holding out for more money and welcome them back when they get it or not.
            They understand getting paid. Do you think any of them are mumbling about Herbert not getting extended yet? Probably not.

You think they believe Ek should get more money?
            Probably.

In my profession of work, I wouldn't care who spouts off. Doesn't effect me.

Now if Ekeler drove his Ferrari 160 near a residential zone and killed someone.....that could have an effect on the team. Hence the immediate release.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
              Moderate Skeptic
              • May 2022
              • Send PM

Wait . . . . . . . . . . . . . does this apply to me too????

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2022
                • Send PM

We'll see but he isn't our QB so I'm not concerned. It's just goes back to QBs being over paid for being mediocre.
                I think he'll be a bust. I couldn't believe he went as high as he did. A little bit different situation but very similar to the Tennessee Titans picking Jake Locker in the top ten. Locker was a very inaccurate passer at Washington, but he was a good athlete. He had much more experience than Richardson, though.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  JH3 and Me
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Well Richardson got the exact same Round 1 pick draft slot contract that any other player at any other position would have gotten in the same slot. He’s not ann example of overpaid QBs. Murray sure is. I always think Cousins is. The rapey masssage dude that signed the 100% guarantee in CLE likely is. There’s a lot of them because even a b-team QB gives a team a chance, vs what the 49ers showed when you’re down to d-team or less.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                    Moderate Skeptic
                    • May 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

In the 'real' corporate world this individual would be shown the door (one way or another), under whatever pretext is necessary to be politically correct and avoid a claim or lawsuit. If an employee is dumb enough to handle a situation like this in such a public manner he (or she) is not worth keeping around.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      JH3 and Me
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

In the 'real' corporate world this individual would be shown the door (one way or another), under whatever pretext is necessary to be politically correct and avoid a claim or lawsuit. If an employee is dumb enough to handle a situation like this in such a public manner he (or she) is not worth keeping around.
                      NFL doesn’t seem to operate to “real corporate world” methods, but I agree that if you renegotiate a contract for one loud complainer, you’re gonna get a line at the office door. NFL is a bit different in that it depends on who is moaning, all players are not equal.

Why, if I were Eke, I’d focus on delivering the biggest season in my career and just show em. (Hint … is he looking? ). seriously though, he is offended that Chargers wonder if he’s about to start to fade (as RBs do) and he wants to get better contract offers next season. Pulling up short all year will reinforce they are correct and discourage other teams from making a big offer. He has no choice but to ball out if he’s not thinking about retiring after this year.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                        Moderate Skeptic
                        • May 2022
                        • Send PM

NFL doesn’t seem to operate to “real corporate world” methods, but I agree that if you renegotiate a contract for one loud complainer, you’re gonna get a line at the office door. NFL is a bit different in that it depends on who is moaning, all players are not equal.

Why, if I were Eke, I’d focus on delivering the biggest season in my career and just show em. (Hint … is he looking? ). seriously though, he is offended that Chargers wonder if he’s about to start to fade (as RBs do) and he wants to get better contract offers next season. Pulling up short all year will reinforce they are correct and discourage other teams from making a big offer. He has no choice but to ball out if he’s not thinking about retiring after this year.
                        They do to a degree . . . . . . . . .particularly when the complainants aren't playing a high impact position. RB's just don't have the leverage required to win this kind of war. Teams will simply part ways with the malcontents and replace them with those waiting in the wings. If they were QB's, WR's or Edge Rushers they might be able to force a change . . . . . . . . . . but they're not, so really they're just pissing in the wind at this point, and in actuality making the situation worse (discussing exaggerating injuries, etc).

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

^ This...it can spread and become a locker room cancer...u think some of the guys that maybe deserve more coin might get a bit resentful of BellyEkkie? Or maybe start whining themselves? Like I said, the LAST thing we need now is a chorus of whiners and howlers...

image.png

Comment

Working...
                          X